Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Sunset Shimmer's element of harmony?

Tilgoreth

• 3 years later...

I honestly don't know what her element of harmony would be, but if I were to rate empathy, forgiveness and redemption one by one, I'd say... 1. Forgiveness because as someone said before me, a friendship without forgiveness everytime someone makes a mistake won't last very long, plus, it seems to fit Sunset more, as she has her experiences with making a mistake and having to earn peoples forgiveness and trust, so it think she will learn that and forgive anyone who has gone through the same rough patch as her, just to make there trust process a little bit easier for them like with human Twilight. 2. Empathy; because unlike forgiveness, do you really need to be empathetic to have a good friendship? I mean, some people are just naturally not empathetic but they can have true friends, I mean I guess you could need empathy if your friend is struggling so you can comfort them, and they have someone to lean on; but sometimes, as friend, you have to let your other friend fight there own battles, and again, as someone also said before me: empathetic people normally empathize with anyone no matter there situation, unlike things they themselves have gone through, which is what Sunset Shimmer's empathy is about. So even if the staff or creators or whatever said if she had an element it would have been empathy, I'm just gonna go against the canon for this one.. and put it at number 2. Finally number 3. Redemption. Honestly, I don't think redemption is a recurring quality you need in Friendship, if not at all. It just doesn't make sense to me.. isn't redemption doing something bad and then doing something good to show you've changed. Yeah it works for Sunset Shimmer for the first movie and maybe the second but from Everfree, and the series, why would she need to redeem herself again when she doesn't need to? Again like someone else already said: if someone needs to redeem themselves over and over again in a friendship; it's not a good friendship anymore if there not learning from there mistake, even after giving that person a second chance, just proving it's not a friendship sort of trait. Like Sunset Shimmer said herself In rainbow rocks "I do know that if you don't sort out your problems right at the start, the magic of friendship can be turned into something else." Are you sure that this site everyone's getting this from is actually trust worthy, no offense, but I don't think the person who made that site has the right facts, or doesn't know what there doing and has made a mistake. (I guess another to thing to back up empathy is her power to tap into people's minds and I guess that kinda links way better than super speed for loyalty and super strength for honesty, and more powers among the mane 7. Or mane 8? There's to many of them! I think they only did this because they ran out of ideas on what to put so just based it on what there pony versions strengths were. Like Rainbow Dash is a fast flyer and Fluttershy has tons of pets and Apple Jack is strong to get trees from apples. Thank you again for someone pointing it out).

Thank you to all the people before me who pointed these things out, those were very valid points, which backed me up with evidence and helped me make this and explain my reason for putting the 3 ideas where I would personally put them. People might disagree with me, but that's my personal opinion. (I had my own evidence  by the way, they just came from what people before me had said, which caused me to think of more ideas to back up my point). Also I didn't mean to make it so long, it was only supposed to make it like a few sentences lol. (hopefully it's not too long) Because it's long, I won't be surprised if people don't read this. Anyway, thanks for reading. Just wanted to share my opinion on the topic. 😄 Feel free to reply or whatever, I'm new to this "mlp forums."  And where did you get this site from? It seems untrustworthy.