Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier $1250 Stretch Goal - Your OC featured on the MLP Forums banner!

PiratePony

An OC on MLP Forum Banner  

53 users have voted

1. 1. Which OC will be on the banner?

• Lightwing (Cupid Strike)
    • Mesme Rize
    • Mentis Soliloquy
    • Sir Hugoholic (Vibrant Grove)
    • Pathfinder CS (with a fabulous mustache)
    • Apple Dumpling (Starscent)
    • C. Thunder Dash
    • Nebula Wolf
    • Starlight Trixie
    • Wolves (Cyan Flare)
    • Yoshi89 (Refund Check)
    • ***GrimGrimore's Idea (ALL OF THE ABOVEandbelow) ***** VOTE FOR THIS ONE! :D :D
    • Sqweeepty
    • Mr. Dash
    • Denim & Venom (Angelscape)

I admit that it's a bit selfish of me to demand it and i couldn't blame you for calling me egotistic. But i always wanted to be up there and be the star of the banner.

Or you know, we could all forget about only one winner, and vote for the very last option, so everyone gets a chance to be a magic pone on the Banner!

I mean, it could be just one, or it could be everyone. Isn't Christmas the time for family, after all? :>

• Brohoof 3

I think the contest to create a banner is a fun thing and I can understand why some people would love to compete for a spot to have their character up on top...

However, there are a lot of awesome people here, all giving their time, effort and money to help those less fortunate than themselves. All of them are giving what they can, in whatever way they can to the best of their ability. Whether that is donating money, trying to spread the word and help raise awareness or doing art to support those who do.

This is not a one person thing, it is something everyone is coming together to do... as a group, as a fandom, as a team, as a family. I think the banner or whatever it is should be a reflection of that... not as a prize for a contest, but as a symbol of what we all hope to accomplish with this... helping those with something we take for granted almost daily during a time of year when it is so easy to get lost in so many other things.

There are a lot of ways individual members can be recognized and given the chance to stand out and shine.... but for this moment in time, the charity and the effort put into it is the real star. Everyone else is just trying in some way to help it shine brighter.

Just my thoughts.

• Brohoof 7

I honestly would love to see a mess of characters up on the banner. :P Seems like such a winning choice in the end.

Though, I kinda wonder who's gonna have the job of putting that together, haha.

• Brohoof 4

I honestly would love to see a mess of characters up on the banner. :P Seems like such a winning choice in the end.

Though, I kinda wonder who's gonna have the job of putting that together, haha.

That's why imma keeping my mouth shut on a corollary type suggestion to the last option. Don't want to overwhelm the poor chap that is doing this. :)

• Brohoof 3

That's why imma keeping my mouth shut on a corollary type suggestion to the last option. Don't want to overwhelm the poor chap that is doing this. :)

I kinda wonder who's gonna have the job of putting that together, haha.

Why not open it to an artist collaboration? Have multiple artists contribute. One designs background, another border, others certain ponies to go within it etc... It represents a team effort, why not let a team build it? Different artists could be nominated to assist in it, and there could be a vote to decide how many and which ones to build it.

• Brohoof 7

Sorry if i sounded a bit meanspirited and selfish earlier. :(

You are right. This is the season of love and friendship after all and it would be pretty mean of myself to take all the glory to myself. I would gladly share the banner with the other pones. *Lamiahugs everyone* <3

• Brohoof 2

@@Jeric, I blame magical talking horses. :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

@@Jeric, I blame magical talking horses. :rarity:

*snrk* 

There are so many unique and awesome OC's within the community! I look forward to seeing that banner. ^^

• Brohoof 4

If only I had noticed this sooner. I could have added my OC to help class things up. Voting for all regardless. It's not like the poll is telling me to vote for all of them or anything.

• Brohoof 1

btw, if you've nominated yourself and I haven't put you in the poll yet, I will later. It won't exclude you from the group choice or anything. :)

• Brohoof 1

@GrimGrimoire wins! That means along with his OC (if you have one), we will have a banner featuring the OCs of:

@Lightwing, @Mesme Rize, @Mentis Soliloquy, @Sir Hugoholic, , @Apple dumpling, @C. Thunder Dash, , , @Wolves, @Yoshi89, , @Mr Dash, and @Denim&Venom

WOO!

Thank you all for your kind donations, I'm going to have to hunt down an artist willing to make this come reality* and we'll see it hopefully in January some time.

I can't wait to see it and all of you coming together in pony form to show togetherness and the spirit that truly is what this season is about. Thanks again guys.

*obviously tired Pirate wrote obviously tired

• Brohoof 10

Thank you all for your kind donations, I'm going to have to hunt down an artist willing to make this come reality* and we'll see it hopefully in January some time.

I can't wait to see it and all of you coming together in pony form to show togetherness and the spirit that truly is what this season is about. Thanks again guys.

No, it is not necessary for me to be included.. I just wanted to see something that represented what this event was all about in my eyes. I do still like the idea of multiple artists contributing to the banner.. since it would be a sort of everyone helping everyone else sort of thing.. but with the time frame I know this is not really realistic. Thus I have a different idea in mind... Shot you a message just for that purpose.

• Brohoof 3

I guess I should place a picture here of my OC so no one has to hunt it down.

Art by Scribbler

AkTItAD.png

• 2 weeks later...

Also, if any of the winners featured on the banner would like a copy of the banner unedited and of a much larger size, they can contact myself or Pirate.

It comes in 3000x762 and has been shrunken to fit the parameters of the given banner space. The original is much more detailed and beautiful.

I personally appreciate everyone's patience and helping to bring this all together.  :love:

Next time you see him, give the artist Shadow Beam an extra brohoof or ten.  <3

• Brohoof 4

Also, if any of the winners featured on the banner would like a copy of the banner unedited and of a much larger size, they can contact myself or Pirate.

I'm up for a copy. And just to check, is Angelscape supposed to be the bottom left pony in Mezmerize's coils. A bit hard to tell.