Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Spike ever get another song?

Tilgoreth

In the Cirque De Freak book series they exempt lain vampire aging. Basically for every ten years vampires age only one year. So buy the time they are 800 they have only see 80 years.

I'll have to check that one out. I know in a lot of fiction it's like what I said, where Vampires stay the age they were when they were bitten, but I know that can depend on the writer.

• Brohoof 1

I'll have to check that one out. I know in a lot of fiction it's like what I said, where Vampires stay the age they were when they were bitten, but I know that can depend on the writer.

I didn't know that actually. But my inference was based off of other immortal characters. For instance Wolverine. He is immortal. Realistically he will live for several hundred years. But he still ages otherwise he would still just be a teenager.
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't know that actually. But my inference was based off of other immortal characters. For instance Wolverine. He is immortal. Realistically he will live for several hundred years. But he still ages otherwise he would still just be a teenager.

Yeah for people like Wolverine it's a bit different since he's a mutant. There's also Elves in Lord of the Rings where they age but then when they become adults they stop aging and live forever, although they can be killed. I also believe it's a bit different if a Vampire reproduces rather than bites someone, but I don't have any evidence off the top of my head for vampire babies.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah for people like Wolverine it's a bit different since he's a mutant. There's also Elves in Lord of the Rings where they age but then when they become adults they stop aging and live forever, although they can be killed. I also believe it's a bit different if a Vampire reproduces rather than bites someone, but I don't have any evidence off the top of my head for vampire babies.

Well the vampires in the story I mentions are mostly turned by biting. Or in the story it's actually through blood transfusion. Still the same thing though. Anyways these are the vampires that can live to be 800. There was never anything about natural birth vampires though. Then again I only read up until the sixth book.
  • Brohoof 1

Well the vampires in the story I mentions are mostly turned by biting. Or in the story it's actually through blood transfusion. Still the same thing though. Anyways these are the vampires that can live to be 800. There was never anything about natural birth vampires though. Then again I only read up until the sixth book.

In that case I might have to look that up to see if there's ever been fiction where Vampires can be born rather than created by bites/blood transfusions.

Spike can sing a song about Vampires. We've cracked the code.

• Brohoof 1

In that case I might have to look that up to see if there's ever been fiction where Vampires can be born rather than created by bites/blood transfusions.

Spike can sing a song about Vampires. We've cracked the code.

Yeah I guess so. Also like 90% of the comments are just between you and that other guy. Also I'm on your side in that debate. Which the biggest problem with the Spike being a baby thing is that it's never addressed in the show. Or you could just go with the easy answer and say he's a cartoon character.

Yeah I guess so. Also like 90% of the comments are just between you and that other guy. Also I'm on your side in that debate. Which the biggest problem with the Spike being a baby thing is that it's never addressed in the show. Or you could just go with the easy answer and say he's a cartoon character.

Oh also logically there would have to be natural born vampires. Otherwise how would they have started?
  • Brohoof 1

I take over topics. Check my resume.

Like I said in my argument, since characters have explicitly referred to Spike as a Baby Dragon, I'm sticking by that until a characters says otherwise. I mentioned that in my argument as well that in cartoons, kids act way more mature for their age anyway. So the fact that he's a baby doesn't prevent him from doing unbaby-like things, especially since he's a dragon.

• Brohoof 1

I take over topics. Check my resume.

Like I said in my argument, since characters have explicitly referred to Spike as a Baby Dragon, I'm sticking by that until a characters says otherwise. I mentioned that in my argument as well that in cartoons, kids act way more mature for their age anyway. So the fact that he's a baby doesn't prevent him from doing unbaby-like things, especially since he's a dragon.

I think Spike is a teeanger in human years but a baby in dragon years. Also even if he is as mature as a teenager it doesn't explain why adult women would hang out with him. Especially when he would only be like fifteen. That's something st is left to cartoon logic.
  • Brohoof 1

I think Spike is a teeanger in human years but a baby in dragon years. Also even if he is as mature as a teenager it doesn't explain why adult women would hang out with him. Especially when he would only be like fifteen. That's something st is left to cartoon logic.

My point exactly. We don't know a lot about lifecycles in MLP. Hell, Celestia and Luna have been alive for over a thousand years and Granny Smith is hundreds of years old since she was there when Ponyville was founded. Ponies and dragons have weird lifespans that you can't really compare to human lifespans.

• Brohoof 1

My point exactly. We don't know a lot about lifecycles in MLP. Hell, Celestia and Luna have been alive for over a thousand years and Granny Smith is hundreds of years old since she was there when Ponyville was founded. Ponies and dragons have weird lifespans that you can't really compare to human lifespans.

No ponyville could have just been founded seventey years ago. More than enough time for a town to spring up around it. Also like I said some of the weird things with age only exist because it's a cartoon. Like the fact that adult women hang out with a teeange boy.
  • Brohoof 1

Give him an episode, but another song? Who's next? Coco Pommel? Granny Smith??? They already cheated with Luna by using a entirely different voice in this Christmas episode, because her true voice doesn't sound that good. Spike is even worse.

GRANNY SMITH ALREADY HAS A SONG

• Brohoof 1

No ponyville could have just been founded seventey years ago. More than enough time for a town to spring up around it. Also like I said some of the weird things with age only exist because it's a cartoon. Like the fact that adult women hang out with a teeange boy.

Actually, people have talked about this before. In one episode, they said Ponyville was founded hundred of years ago, and then it was revealed in a later episode that Granny Smith was there for the founding of Ponyville. It could be a plot hole/inconsistency, but you can look it up sometime if you're interested.

Yeah, it's a cartoon. That's partly my excuse as well.

• Brohoof 1

GRANNY SMITH ALREADY HAS A SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIRodWfO-fk

No that's actually cool. And Spike does deserve another song.

Actually, people have talked about this before. In one episode, they said Ponyville was founded hundred of years ago, and then it was revealed in a later episode that Granny Smith was there for the founding of Ponyville. It could be a plot hole/inconsistency, but you can look it up sometime if you're interested.

Yeah, it's a cartoon. That's partly my excuse as well.

Its probably an incosetencey. Also yes cartoon logic is the only explanation as to why adult women hang out with a teeange boy.
  • Brohoof 1

No that's actually cool. And Spike does deserve another song.

I never once said that Spike didn't deserve another song. 

:awuh: Like, what the heck?

All I said was I didn't enjoy the one he has right now.

• Brohoof 1

I never once said that Spike didn't deserve another song. 

:awuh: Like, what the heck?

All I said was I didn't enjoy the one he has right now.

I was just saying also. Personally thought his song was great.

I was just saying also. Personally thought his song was great.

I already knew that. Ya didn't need to reply to another one of my posts here saying it. 

It was like and after though. Were you like seething over my distaste for Spike's song? 

:squee: I can just imagine it, "There's that weirdo again," I'm imagining you say, "Now I can show him or possibly her who's boss with my already apparent opinion." 

Seriously, it's fine you like the song. But that doesn't mean we all have to like it. 

It's just when I compare it to the other great songs we've had in the series so far it falls flat. 

This shouldn't have been the case! Especially because of the topic matter in the episode. 

A changeling redemption story should have had a song epic enough to rival You'll play your part!  :icwudt: Or at least that's what I think. 

So in conclusion: At the end of the day, it's just a song. I hope Spike's next song it better, because yes, I'd like him to get another (to make up for this one.)

And~

You're just as allowed to like it as I am to be disappointed by it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a big fan of most of the songs.  The way I look at it, they are just something to be endured as part of the cost of watching a kid's cartoon.  I could live with it either way.

Ok I guess. I like Spike's song though.

I already knew that. Ya didn't need to reply to another one of my posts here saying it. 

It was like and after though. Were you like seething over my distaste for Spike's song? 

:squee: I can just imagine it, "There's that weirdo again," I'm imagining you say, "Now I can show him or possibly her who's boss with my already apparent opinion." 

Seriously, it's fine you like the song. But that doesn't mean we all have to like it. 

It's just when I compare it to the other great songs we've had in the series so far it falls flat. 

This shouldn't have been the case! Especially because of the topic matter in the episode. 

A changeling redemption story should have had a song epic enough to rival You'll play your part!  :icwudt: Or at least that's what I think. 

So in conclusion: At the end of the day, it's just a song. I hope Spike's next song it better, because yes, I'd like him to get another (to make up for this one.)

And~

You're just as allowed to like it as I am to be disappointed by it.

I never said you had to like it. Also what specfically didn't you like about it? I don't think it was supposed to be epic. It was meant to be heartfelt and difficult for Spike. He stoodup for a friend at the possible risk of loosing his friends trust and admiration.

I never met a single person who didn't like Spike's Jolly Ol. St. Nick song on the Xmas Album! Spike sounds good when he's swinging! Guess it all depends on the attitude! :D

Yeah that song was good also.

I hope Spike gets more songs in S7.

Yeah me to. Persoanlly he is one of my favorite charcters.

I think you could go either way on spike being a baby. I don't think hes too young for rarity though. He seems older than the CMCs, and the CMCs are not that much younger than the mane 6. If they wanted to, they could easily timeskip his character so that he was a bit older, but they won't because hes more appealing to children as he is now, which means that any relation with rarity will be only in fanfiction. But we all knew that anyways.

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 1

I think you could go either way on spike being a baby. I don't think hes too young for rarity though. He seems older than the CMCs, and the CMCs are not that much younger than the mane 6. If they wanted to, they could easily timeskip his character so that he was a bit older, but they won't because hes more appealing to children as he is now, which means that any relation with rarity will be only in fanfiction. But we all knew that anyways.

The CMC are in elemntary school. Rarity is old enough to own her own boutique. She has to at bare minimum age be twenty. But realstically she's probaly twenty two. Also at oldest Spike is sixteen.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes but Rarity is still a sister, not a mother. They can't be very far apart for that reason. In Japan the age of consent is 13, in most countries its 16, so if spike is 16 then rarity could date him, legally. (just imagine rarity and spike in a courtroom arguing that they should be allowed to date xd xd xd). 6 years isn't too much of a difference, even if the ages are 22 and 16. The age between my own parents is greater.

As for Spikes song, I felt the same way about it as lucky star when I first listened to it, but when I went back and heard it again, I realized that it was actually an exemplary performance. IMO, Even forest rains' cover wasn't as good as the original. It's now one of my favorite pony songs, I hope you will give it another chance:

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 1

Yes but Rarity is still a sister, not a mother. They can't be very far apart for that reason. In Japan the age of consent is 13, in most countries its 16, so if spike is 16 then rarity could date him, legally. (just imagine rarity and spike in a courtroom arguing that they should be allowed to date xd xd xd). 6 years isn't too much of a difference, even if the ages are 22 and 16. The age between my own parents is greater.

As for Spikes song, I felt the same way about it as lucky star when I first listened to it, but when I went back and heard it again, I realized that it was actually an exemplary performance. IMO, Even forest rains' cover wasn't as good as the original. It's now one of my favorite pony songs, I hope you will give it another chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1Y7xCUPHA

Yeah I see what you mean. Also for the second part I assume that wasn't for me. As I have already stated that I love Spike's song. On a side note I want a Spike and Starlight episode.
  • Brohoof 1