Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Story help

sound_of_fire

I am trying to add an amalgamation into my story,but I have no clue what to make the other half/halves. Leave a comment below with what you think would be a perfect fit with a pegasus to make an eldritch horror type of creature. Thanks in advance to all of you whom help me with this.

Hey there, @@sound_of_fire

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding how to write certain aspects of a story, I have gone ahead and moved it to AK Yearling's Writing Resources where it can get the appropriate attention.

Thank you!

Hey there, @@sound_of_fire

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding how to write certain aspects of a story, I have gone ahead and moved it to AK Yearling's Writing Resources where it can get the appropriate attention.

Thank you!

Thank you ma'am. I honestly have no clue which forums to post things in yet.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

So if I understand you right, you want ideas on creating a pegasus hybrid of some sort? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Precisely! I want the creepiest hybrid you can conceive while having it be similar to H.P.Lovecraft's works. I also prefer that it remains somewhere between cupcakes (the story) and a psychopathic,cannibalistic child that murdered and gutted his parents on the horror scale. By the way the child thing is taken from a short story I wrote in 8th grade for school.

I guess it really comes down to if you want to be original outside the characters we know of Equestria, or if you want to stick to the creatures that we currently are aware of. I'm not familiar with that author's work because I'm not a fan of horror but trust me when I say you can get really creative. Maybe start researching some of the creatures of Equestria to get some idea on what you want for your character.

Her beautiful face is close between the hindlegs. Allowing the ribs to be exposed like a pair jaws.

Switch the wings for thornful tentacles, while letting the legs swing loosely updwards.

This entity limps using the tentacular mass that grows along its spine.

The curse might be related with plunderseeds, for example. An extinct cult, said to inhabit the forgotten depths of everfree forest long ago.

The victim of the curse could be a wonderbolt of old, who went missing in plain flight. Give it a vague background, allowing people to imagine.

You could stablish a sound, scent or any other hint to foreshadow its manifestation. Like an urband legend.

and a psychopathic,cannibalistic child that murdered and gutted his parents on the horror scale.

Pfft! Heeeh... I don't know why that makes me laugh so hard! I'm just hooorrible!! Guess it really is up to the parents to make sure their kid gets a well balanced diet!! Heeehhh...*wheeze*   I-i'm s-such a terrible  *cough*  Whooo! I really am starting to suffocate now from laughing! Fhew!!

Where was I?!

...Mantis! Ya oughta do mantis!

Here I'm thinking that one double-sided, blue, Magic: The Gathering card. Where its some sorta mad scientist, fiddles with genes and what they do and winds up mixing himself with a bug and becomes an Insect Horror.

That's sorta the rub there, if ya gotta include pegusai into the mix then you've got to mix it with something else that's flying. Because if you leave out wings, it'll just look like any ol' horsie!

Or tentacles! Can never go wrong with tentacles! Just slap as many tentacles on that baby as you can! There ain't no limit to what a good ball of tentacles can't do, eh what!

Oh, and if you want a bridge between Lovecraft & Equestria, look no further then the Tatzelwurm species! Local native to Equestria and the most blatant nightmare fuel I e'er done seen! Rather pretty too since its also part flowerbeast! It's what I always use when I go out into the Everfree to practice my hobby of ramming random animals together to see what monstrosities I make! What? It's the Everfree, not like there isn't already an excess of Whackadoo in  there!

That is my home you simpleton! Bad mouth it again and you will wish for the tentacle beasts

Hah! I already AM a tentacle beast!  Hmm...do vines count as tentacles?... Maybe some sort of sentient plantbeast... I've got a few species of that I've been finagling around with.

...Note how I didn't dispute the Simpleton part, eh?

Well if one is going for truly revolting mental image, I say go with an insect sort of look only specifically the mothman cryptid.

Mothman.jpg

Make the wings fuzzy and like nothing based in nature, make the eyes big and dominating the face. In fact, keep most of the creature obscured in shadow, it's true form only hinted at but what can be seen could never be mistaken for a pegasus.

Well if one is going for truly revolting mental image, I say go with an insect sort of look only specifically the mothman cryptid.

sig-4783167.Mothman.jpg

Make the wings fuzzy and like nothing based in nature, make the eyes big and dominating the face. In fact, keep most of the creature obscured in shadow, it's true form only hinted at but what can be seen could never be mistaken for a pegasus.

Have anything darker hun?

(edited)

@Steel Accord

Darker as in something that if gazed upon would fill somepony with enough fear to cause death or insanity. something like mimikyu or freakier.

Edited by sound_of_fire

• 2 weeks later...

@Steel Accord

Darker as in something that if gazed upon would fill somepony with enough fear to cause death or insanity. something like mimikyu or freakier.

No, I don't think its possible to have the mere appearance of something invoke a fatal emotion. What's scary or threatening to one could be cute to another. Even something like the shapeless Shoggoths of Lovecraft's stories would have been notably less intimidating if they had just sat there burbling passively like they were supposed to rather then charging up narrow tunnels after our narrator like some huge, gelatinous freight train. Heck, we got a movie coming out soon that's all about some cutsey tentacle beast that only wants to help its human pal. It's what they do, not how they do it.

Besides, your already giving it enough form to call it part-pegusai, and most of us here likely think of pegusai as cuteness on wings.

No, I don't think its possible to have the mere appearance of something invoke a fatal emotion. What's scary or threatening to one could be cute to another. Even something like the shapeless Shoggoths of Lovecraft's stories would have been notably less intimidating if they had just sat there burbling passively like they were supposed to rather then charging up narrow tunnels after our narrator like some huge, gelatinous freight train. Heck, we got a movie coming out soon that's all about some cutsey tentacle beast that only wants to help its human pal. It's what they do, not how they do it.

Besides, your already giving it enough form to call it part-pegusai, and most of us here likely think of pegusai as cuteness on wings.

I suppose you are correct...