Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Ponies had the same minds as Humans?

Vlazamal

Admit it, we humans are a nasty, warmongering species. Ponies, in contrast, seem to be much more passive than humans, less savage, less mean, and less aggressive. This makes sense as it is a kid's show, but what if Ponies had the same levels of malice as Humanity does?

Equestria would be like how our world is like now.Most places would be at war while others would barely be staying afloat.

Pretty much this. ^

There would be all sorts of atrocities being performed on all the races of Equestria.

Don't they already say some things that would pertain to humans like "girls" rather than "fillies?"

Do they? interesting! Also there was a recent thread about the ponies using tools really awkwardly with their mouths, as if utensils were designed by/for humans.

Maybe Equestria is earth thousands of years after humans have caused their own extinction through war and pollution, where horses became the dominant species.

Some artifacts of our time like the term "girls", pencils and hammers still exist in Equestria, but the ponies are so averse to the human way of thinking which wiped us out, that Harmony has become a veritable force of nature.

Admit it, we humans are a nasty, warmongering species.

Given that for a huge number of species, when two males meet they will almost always fight each other I think we're actually kind of ok - we certainly aren't compulsively warlike, as practically all wars serve some pragmatic or ideological purpose.   

A major point of these anthropomorphic friendship ponies (and when I say 'anthropomorphic' I mean it in the sense of non-physical human attributes such as the range of emotions and thoughts that they have in common with humans) is that children (and everyone else for that matter) learn lessons that are applicable to them. It's an idealised world, but it is one that is fundamentally still human and that we can directly relate to. So, to answer the title question; "They already do." 

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

One other thing about ponies.

eq_map.jpg

The undiscovered west is just to the west of the white tail woods, a stones throw from one of the pony major cities. 

Humans would never endure that -- it would have been explored ages ago.

• Brohoof 3

Uhhh is it confirmed that they don't? They're sentient, like us, they contemplate their feelings, like us, they form emotionally based social bonds, like us, they build towns and cities to house themselves in, like us. Overall, part of the show's strength is that the lack of humans in Equestria means they act as stand ins FOR humanity.

• Brohoof 1

You mean they don't? Just look at how they were 1000 years ago, them being at peace with each other is a fairly recent event due to having IMMORTALS ruling them that eliminate one of the main sources of conflict (Succession of government conflicts), and they have had rogue elements trying to cause issues that have only been dealt with by said immortals.

hell, even if they weren't the aggressors in the conflicts, they HAVE had military conflicts in the show with the changelings and there was the whole nightmare moon And sombra/crystal wars timelines to look at.

Pretty much, you remove the immortals and the entire house of cards crumbles, Humanity doesn't have immortals.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 5

I think they already have minds similar to us. Not every human in a war monger, you know. 

No one, even people we would class as evil wakes up in the morning thinking about what evil stuff they can do. Realistically, evil is just a matter of perspective.

What one person sees as for the best could be totally evil to someone else.

Evil doesn't exist. Good doesn't exist.

Life is morally grey.

And it's not as if Equestria is completely incapable of wrong doings. Just look at pre-Equestria. They were a bunch of racists! And in the end, they were only forced to start getting along because of the wendigos.  

If humanity had a threat like the wendigos to make us play nice we'd most likely see a drop in racism too.  :P

Not to mention the fact that they got Celestia ruling them. You have to admit that the average person hates the idea of war, and having a ruler who would only fight if they had no other choice had to have been in their favour with the no ongoing war front.

They aren't some perfect beings incapable of wrong. If anything Starlight proves this.

They've just had more opportunities to do right then we've had. Not to mention better means. 

I think they already have minds similar to us. Not every human in a war monger, you know.  No one, even people we would class as evil wakes up in the morning thinking about what evil stuff they can do.

You had me.

What one person sees as for the best could be totally evil to someone else. Evil doesn't exist. Good doesn't exist.

You lost me.

Life is morally grey.   And it's not as if Equestria is completely incapable of wrong doings. Just look at pre-Equestria. They were a bunch of racists! And in the end, they were only forced to start getting along because of the wendigos.  

You had me again.

If humanity had a threat like the wendigos to make us play nice we'd most likely see a drop in racism too.  Not to mention the fact that they got Celestia ruling them. You have to admit that the average person hates the idea of war, and having a ruler who would only fight if they had no other choice had to have been in their favour with the no ongoing war front.

You lost me again.

They aren't some perfect beings incapable of wrong. If anything Starlight proves this. They've just had more opportunities to do right then we've had. Not to mention better means. 

You had me again. 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Well that's where it makes sense that having the ponies here on earth would change our minds of how to deal with problems. Especially if we have an immortal ruler of everything here. So maybe someone will actually create the ponies as robots in the future to try and make human society almost perfect. :)

Well that's where it makes sense that having the ponies here on earth would change our minds of how to deal with problems. Especially if we have an immortal ruler of everything here. So maybe someone will actually create the ponies as robots in the future to try and make human society almost perfect. :)

You mean like in the epic fan novel Friendship is Optimal? 

what if Ponies had the same levels of malice as Humanity does?

Some of them do, Starlight Glimmer was malicious, Sombra (I know he technically isn't a pony) was pretty darn malicious, not to mention all of the minor antagonists we have seen throughout the run of the cartoon.

The vast majority of people are actually pretty decent, but of course there are a few bad apples in every barrel, as true for ponies as it is for humans.

• Brohoof 1

As far as sentience, they definitely have a human-like mind. 

But what I think you're asking is more about a humanity's desire for expansion, and war. Now war is a difficult subject because it's not black and white like how a lot of children's shows describe it. We have seen several wars and warlike-personalities(Ecspecially as seen in the Multiverse with Starlight and Twilight) whether that be the early pegasus race, the yaks, or the villain of the week.

I believe that if Equestria wasn't protected by good natured demi-gods, they would be much more warlike. 

If ponies had the same minds and thought processes as humans... Equestria would be embroiled in a war between the non-ponies, technology would be everywhere, poverty would become a thing, and the princesses wouldn't be ruling over anything and be nothing more than figureheads.