Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is that the first time where you'll go for mlp in a theatre?

leonbrony17

I'll probably not going to see it in theaters as I can't drive myself and i don't have a ticket for the movie.

Besides, I'll watch it online.

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 1

I'll try to get out. It would be the first time I've seen MLP in a theater since I wasn't born yet when the 80s movie was released (unless the first 2 Equestria Girls count, though I didn't go to the theater for those either). Unless I go a month after it's released, I doubt I'll be the only grown man in the theater, but I wouldn't care if I was.

I think I might. I love going to the movie theater to see movies so if it appears to really be a good movie, I'll go. It happens to be some of my family members are fans of the show as well so I could go with them.

And technically, I saw MLP in theaters before. When I was younger, I saw "The World's Largest Tea Party."

Edited by Corvius

For me yes.

And how would you feel if you were the only grown man in the cinema?

1. No, actually. My local theater played the first two Equestria Girls movies when they released and I saw both of them twice. Sure, there were more kids than adults in the audience, but there was a fairly impressive Brony turnout for both of those films.

2. I'd feel proud, honestly. I've gotten to the point where I don't care what people think about me enjoying MLP. In fact, if I was the only grown man in the theater, I'd probably laugh. Now, if it was a full house and I was the only dude, then I might be a *little* uncomfortable, but whatevs. I'll enjoy the movie either way. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yep. I lived in a small town in North Dakota when the Equestria Girls movies rolled around, and my local theater didn't play them. I'm gonna see the movie in the Washington Capitol Mall theater.

And I'm not 18 yet, so technically, I'm not a grown man. I would stand out, for sure, but I wouldn't care.

Yes, it will. I wasn't even born during G1, I wasn't interested in G3 (assuming they weren't straight to DVDs), and the Equestria Girls weren't showcased where I lived. I'll give no fucks about going to the theater watching ponies, even if I'm the only grown dude around :-P 

What if we set up certain theatres where we could meet up, that way we aren't the only grown ones?

I don;t mind being the only grown dude around as I wrote, but it wouldn't hurt seeing a fellow brony or two  :rarity: . Don't worry though, I'm pretty sure we'll make meetups around here  :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Being honest here... you wouldn't catch me dead watching that in the movie theater.

For me it'll be the third time as I saw Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games in the cinema. Loved the big screen experience both times so definitely looking forward to it again for the movie. And since I'll most definitely be going on opening day, I'm sure I won't be the only brony in the cinema when I go, but if I am, then so be it. I've learned not to care or feel uncomfortable about what others may think because I don't feel there's any reason to. Whether it's MLP, Blade Runner 2049 or Kingsman 2 (all of which I plan to see so that should be quite the fun weekend at the movies), I'm only going to the cinema for the exact same reason as everyone else - to see a movie that I want to see. 

• Brohoof 2

Nope. Saw EQG in theaters, and then a year later saw Rainbow Rocks in theaters. Twice. Yeah there were a lot of kids for the morning showing, but the evening showing was mostly Bronies. As for being the only 'adult'? Doubt it. Soempony has to take the target demographic there. 

For me yes.

And how would you feel if you were the only grown man in the cinema?

I'm a teenage boy and I'm probably gonna go by myself for the midnight showing (if they do that) by myself after school on Friday and probably with my brother on Saturday. Maybe some of my friends will come and see it with me, IDK.

I did go see Rainbow Rocks in theaters when it came out with my brother and some friends from school. That was really fun.

Edited by Shimmering Sparkler

I'm likely to watch the MLP movie online but if that isn't going to be possible, I'll just wait for the DVD to come along early in 2018.

"Course I'm not worried 'bout it. May be the first time seeing anything pony related in public...may be worried over preconceptions of others, but...It won't stop me. I've set my mind to it. I'm going come hell or highwater! Nothing short of a loaded gun is keeping me out of that theater!! If that theater catches on fire, they'll have to haul my charred corpse out with the seat I've welded myself to!!! You know why?

BECAUSE THAT'S THE KINDA MAN I AM!!!!

Even if I get a bad case of the Sniffles after...

• Brohoof 1