Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you (have you) go to your high school reunion?

Miss

Would you go? Why or why not?

Do you think you would enjoy it?

Is there really anyone you still speak to? Do you think a past friendship would reignite?

Is there anyone you think you be angry at/annoyed of/avoid?

I would definitely go. I don't really see a reason why I wouldn't.

I feel like I wouldn't really enjoy tho. I have a group of friends (and a few outsiders) from high school that I still hangout with so if anything I would enjoy being around them because I feel like the other people would be stuck with similar personalities according to what I see on FB and hear from others that still talk with them (i don't ask we just tell stories and they are brought up).

I could actually imagine a few friendships being ignited but not any strong ones or ones that could work for a long while due to other responsibilities.

I would assume that now because the people who annoyed me are much older and have experienced the ups and downs of adulthood they would not act anywhere similar to how they did leading to no feelings of resentment or animosity.

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely not. For one, I swapped high schools during my sophomore year. For two, I hardly know anyone at my current school. Probably gonna have to swap again anyway.

Not gonna waste my time to meet up with a bunch of strangers that don't care for my presence.

• Brohoof 1

A big nope on that one :maud:

Heh... I haven't spoke to any of them save two in years I have no desire either. I hated high school except for my senior year.

• Brohoof 1

I went to my ten-year marching band reunion! (Geez, I'm old...) I don't think I'll go to the actual high school reunion. Anyone that is important to me outside of marching band I still talk to or see regularly.

sure, I'd go...if it was closer than 1000 miles.

i wasn't popular, but high school was a good experience, and I went to a good school.

but its really not worth the time and money it would take to get from texas to michigan

also, i have good self-esteem, so i could go and be myself.

i'm at 12 years and counting.  i dont' see myself living in michigan for the 20th though

Edited by weesh

No, a lot of people remember me from high school but I don't remember much about most of them.  It would be one major example of awkwardness.

doesn't everyone wear nametags?  everyone changes a ton.  seems like it would be asking a lot to expect everyone to recognize each other

Hahaha, absolutely not. I didn't even go to the post-grad party; the moment I was handed that piece of paper was the moment my required association with that group and my teachers ended. Burn ALL the bridges! Set that bridge ablaze!

Jr High is another story and I'd go to a reunion for them in a heartbeat. I still keep in contact with the faculty and several people I met there, they're a great bunch. I'd like to knit together a few lost connections though as social networking wasn't really a thing back then.

Edited by Celtore

Hahaha, absolutely not. I didn't even go to the post-grad party; the moment I was handed that piece of paper was the moment my required association with that group and my teachers ended. Burn ALL the bridges! Set that bridge ablaze!

Jr High is another story and I'd go to a reunion for them in a heartbeat. I still keep in contact with the faculty and several people I met there, they're a great bunch. I'd like to knit together a few lost connections though as social networking wasn't really a thing back then.

Very, very opposite for me. I didn't get along with a lot of people in junior high, in fact, a lot of people thought I was a weirdo and didn't want to hang out for me for all the wrong reasons.

no

i was bullied in high school so badly that i was banned from the senior formal because the school thought i would use the opportunity to go columbine  

there were no threats there was no evidence to their claim they just thought it up on their own their reasoning behind it is they heard me and some one else talking about how we both (at the time) hunted regularly 

Edited by idunnomaybe

doesn't everyone wear nametags?  everyone changes a ton.  seems like it would be asking a lot to expect everyone to recognize each other

That is the thing though -- I am almost 48 and I am still recognizable easily to even casual acquaintances from high school.

That is the thing though -- I am almost 48 and I am still recognizable easily to even casual acquaintances from high school.

That's awesome that you remember everyone after all that time. I barely remember anyone apart from a few people! D:

Would you go? Why or why not?

Nope.  There are any number of excuses reasons.  I actually dropped out of high school before starting 11th grade, and I'm confident that many people had no idea as to why.  I've also changed a lot in the intervening years; I don't even have the same legal name anymore.  Besides: There aren't many people I'd be enthused to see, and there are many others whose names (if not faces) might elude me.

Is there really anyone you still speak to? Do you think a past friendship would reignite?

Yes, and it did.  But that happened over the internet; no high school reunion required.

Is there anyone you think you be angry at/annoyed of/avoid?

I could avoid EVERYONE equally by simply not going.

Edited by Ziggy + Angel + Rain

I've been to four different high schools, and I doubt they'd want me back... heheh... Nah I'm sure the high school I graduated at would want me back, but its a charter school so I don't think I'll be called to any reunions.

im from a Private School/Prep School (GO SHADOWBOLTS) and there's an Alumni event like every month so we dont really do school reunions, though Ive been meaning to go along to an Old Tauntonian night/dinner

Nah. Not only did I not have many friends in High School, that was when my depression started. So it was more of an experience in waiting for it to be over rather than things to look back on in a positive light. It was a really weird time in my life that I would rather forget.

(edited)

Would you go?  :pinkie:

Um...no. I havent talked to any of them that much, because of my social awkwardness, so i dont see any Reason.  :huh:

Why or why not?  :( 

Because they are not my Friends. I even forgot some of their Names. And i know, that this is mostly my fault, because i should have talked more...but back then, i just couldnt.  :blush:

Do you think you would enjoy it?  :ooh: 

No. Sorry, but no.  :rarity:

Is there really anyone you still speak to? Do you think a past friendship would reignite?  :-o 

No. I dont speak to any of them and dont even have a Contact to them anymore. I have a few on facebook i guess, but i never talk to them.

Past Friendship? I had like 1 Friend in every class i have been to. So, i had 2 Friends in School. Well, Friend put lightly, they were more like " The one Guys that didnt beat me up or bullied me and i have no where else to go to " - Guys.

I have lost contact to them and honestly, i dont think it would work, apart from them talking to me, i never really talked myself that much and i would probably dont have much to talk about now either.  :please:

Is there anyone you think you be angry at/annoyed of/avoid? :ooh: 

The once who bullied me and have beaten me up.

I dont like those.  :unamused:

Edited by Tweakbright Spirkle
  • Brohoof 1

No, no and heck no.  I had to spend 13 years with those people and I regretted almost every minute of it.  Why would I go out of my way to see them again?  Primary school is a point in my life a will never look back at with nostalgia or even anything close to it.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1

To quote one Dr. Percival Ulysses "Perry" Cox...

High School was possibly the worst four years of my life. I can only remember two people from high school, both of them friends of mine who were also bullied or ridiculed as much as I was. 

• Brohoof 1