Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you (have you) go to your high school reunion?

Miss

Definitely not. I don't want to see those people ever again. I spent 10 years of my life in one school and never made true friends there, because my interests were different from the popular ones and my grades were considerably higher, and maybe I'm just an unfriendly person. So no school reunions for me.

• Brohoof 3

No, the day I left school I was relieved to know that I would never have to see those people ever again and I'm just as happy to never see them again now as I was back then.  I was bullied by a lot of people at school and I can't forgive them for what they did.

• Brohoof 2

My high school is so poor and gettho that surely they won't ever make a reunion, got bullied, the higherups are incompetent, and neither I, nor they miss each other. 'sides, I've moved away from that place 

Yes, only because I was not "in" with the normal school crowd. I graduated as part of a "Pre-Engineering" class that had taken some courses to prepare us for college in addition to the classes normally required. There are still some folks that might be fun to talk to in a few years. 

Ehh probably not. Big parties and stuff just aren't really my thing. My high school was huge, and all the class sizes were super big, so I never even met like half the people I graduated with. Going to a "reunion" for my high school would be like going to any other party where you don't know everyone :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Personally I'd rather have a root canal procedure. High school was one of the worst times of my life and left me emotionally scarred for years. I have no interest in reliving any of that. I only had a very few friends and we've all gone our own ways. I'd have no reason to go to any reunion.  :dry:

• Brohoof 3

• 7 months later...

I've most likely missed both the 10th and 15th anniversaries of graduating from high school--assuming they had them in the first place--so I guess my next opportunity would be on the 20th anniversary. Would I go to it if I were given the opportunity? Probably not as it was a bad experience and certain events changed my life as a result.

• Brohoof 1

I would go just for kixx. It'd be interesting to see if/how my former classmates have changed. My high school was small, so I knew who most of them were. It'd probably be nice to catch up with some of them. So many of them are married now, which is still hard for me to think about! :P 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I only just graduated a year ago, so it will be a few more years before the first class reunion. I might go, but I don't have many particularly great memories from that time in my life. There are a few people I would love to catch up with, but it's not like we don't occasionally see each other anyway. And half of my friends weren't even in my graduating class. Some were younger and some were older.

By the way, there is someone from my graduating class (whose contact information I don't have) who I found out is a brony. I had no idea back in high school! Perhaps he would show up to the reunion.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

No, I wouldn't go.  I attended four different high schools and a tech school.  I wouldn't go to ANY reunion for any of the schools, too many bad memories with those people.  I was always the new kid so I made an easy target for bullying and the like.  School life from kindergarten to community college were all bad for me...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

You know? Even if I could, I don't think there would even be a reunion in the first place :lol: . Last I've known of it, it was burned down, and there's next to no trace of it on the internet in their new spot :dash: . Well, it's a mostly Bolivian ghetto that insist to live like their native land, and for what I've seen, they are behind times (hell, apparently, the youtubers are like a phenomenon for them, despite being around for over a decade :lol: ) . Well, if where to go (which I've already stated that no way in hell), the most dignified thing I'd see is a dirty cop. The rest probably dealing with drugs, and with five children already (at least three of my former classmates got pregnant before graduation, with one giving birth a week before the ceremony :dry: ). Trust me, not the kind of people you wanna see again :eww: . Hell, I'm about to throw away my high school diploma and use my GED that I've earned to kill time instead :lol: 

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. Cause by the time I have a job, a family, and be financially set for life; I'll leave USA and just live in the Middle East to pay my respects on the aforementioned places where the Prophets of The Abrahamic God were born e.g. Jesus born in Bethlehem, Israel and Abraham born in Ur, Iraq.

Nope. I didn't go to the one that were 2 years ago because I honestly don't really give a fuck about my fellow highschoolers.

The only one I somewhat care about is Roy, but we've not talked for years.

• Brohoof 1

My ten year reunion came up in 2014 and I didn't get to go because I didn't have the money and lived too far away. If I had the money I would loved to have gone. I actually enjoyed my high school years and had friends and teacher I enjoy talking with and seeing. One of my friends died since high school at 21 so that would be hard to be at a reunion without her there, but it would be interesting to see what the class of '04 is up to now. From what I know, most are married and parents.

• Brohoof 1

No, too lazy, lol. Plus I was pretty quiet back then, so I wouldn't have much to catch up over other than to see how everyone else's lives turned out... but I also feel that I wouldn't care enough to even seek that out!

• Brohoof 1