Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private USS Luna

Mentis Soliloquy

Indicus followed his orders and got ready equipping his standard loadout  and walked alongside the captain and Lunar. "Honestly I know little about the Romulans we are meeting. So far they seem non-agressive but I'd keep your guard up. Romulus and the Klingons are not on great terms." 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/19/2017 at 0:17 AM, BloodDrops said:

"Blood here, you needed me?"

"Doctor Blood, do you have any high-intensity laser equipment you could rig to sweep wide areas of space? I understand that cloaked ships can produce visual distortions, so rather than passively waiting to spot a distortion we could try and induce them with a laser. Obviously don't take apart anything important, but if you had something spare then it could prove a very useful tool."

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

"Doctor Blood, do you have any high-intensity laser equipment you could rig to sweep wide areas of space? I understand that cloaked ships can produce visual distortions, so rather than passively waiting to spot a distortion we could try and induce them with a laser. Obviously don't take apart anything important, but if you had something spare then it could prove a very useful tool."

Blood Drops tapped her hoof on her desk and snorted. She rolled her eyes, she was still slightly intoxicated, though only slightly. This wasn't a medical question, though she was bored and needed something to ponder on. She smirked and picked up her thinking ball, which was just really a big bouncy ball she threw against the wall. She had several theory's on the matter. She wasn't too impressed at the Ensign's apparently order, though it would have come from a superior surely

"Well Ensign, I have several theorys, you can either discuss them in person or i can send you the data on them myself." she remarked, she then poured herself another glass of red, it helped her think after all.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/26/2017 at 3:44 PM, BloodDrops said:

"Well Ensign, I have several theorys, you can either discuss them in person or i can send you the data on them myself." she remarked, she then poured herself another glass of red, it helped her think after all.

"I'm sure you have a much better grasp of the science of the matter than I do, doctor, but what would really help at the moment is to know whether the idea could work, and if so if you can make a prototype. Once we have a proof of concept then you can hammer out the theory," Misty could feel her mask starting to slip in the face of Blood Drop's supreme confidence. What was it the Starfleet Flight Officer's manual said? Orders are easy, command is hard; don't rule, challenge and inspire

"This could prove significant innovation, if it works. Can you do it?"

• Brohoof 1

On 4/17/2017 at 4:55 AM, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Miss Reaper "Lunar, Indicus, with me we'll go and meat the delegation and get a gauge for them. As the three started for the turbo lifts Mentis looks back to the bridge crew. "Relax everyone we'll be fine, Flight you have the bridge, keep her in good shape while I'm gone." With that the three headed into a lift.

"So Lunar, Indicus what do you make of the captain at least?" As they moved towards the shuttle bay.

Lunar nodded, walking with the captain and the security officer to the turbo lifts. Then, as they headed towards the shuttle bay, the thestral's ears twitched up at the question, and she paused to consider her answer.

"The captain? Seems... amicable enough, given the circumstance," she mused. It was a little harder to read others when she had only voice to go by; reading body language was easier when meeting in person. She didn't have much reason to distrust the Romulans so far, however.

@Raven Rawne When the delegation arrived, she stood there with Mentis and Indicus as the welcoming party, though for the moment elected to listen rather than speak. At least, until her captain spoke first. This was the time to make observations about those gathered before them: the older, wizened general; and then the younger officer that appeared quite astonished by the species yet unfamiliar to him. She turned her clouded eyes towards the junior officer, and for a moment it appeared as though she was making eye contact - an uncanny ability for a blind individual. After a few moments, attention was returned to the ambassador. At least she could sense that he was sincere, thus far.

{ Nooot my greatest post, but I just wanted to get something out >.< }

• Brohoof 2

590707952fab9_USSLunabadge.png.0f20ce2c0c91f96f0d12f8c8bd1e7e38.png

(In lift)

@Miss Reaper @Shadow Dancer 

"Well I hope you both are correct and the Romulans appear at face value, though I'd be very naive to even think that would be the case... Anyway, lets go meet out guests."

(Shuttle Bay 2)

@Raven Rawne

"Well good day to you General Rul, but I will insist that you and your guards disarm themselves on board my ship. I won't have the Klingons armed I will not have you either, you security is more than well with Lt. Indicus on board." Gesturing to said security officer. "If you agree to my only terms, oh your men are not permitted in some areas of my ship either, but otherwise that is my only term for this talks." 

Almost on cue the Klingons came into the room, Jok and his two men approached. Jok could only be described as stoic in nature and did not say a word, he merely looked up and down Rul sizing up his opponent of words this time rather than ships and men. His more "aggressive" retainer looked like he was about to kill all of them on the spot, but was pulled in by the combat medic of Jok's group, who then was promptly punched him in the nose to keep him in line. Jok took one step forward away from the pair towards Rul. "My apologies General, some of my men are... over zealous at times." He sounded like a diplomat, a rather good one. (maybe why he was sent? :P) "Please ignore my Lieutenant's actions, I'll have him seen too."

Mentis butted in trying to make sure the moment passed as quickly as possible. "Please if you'll follow me General I'll show you and your men to your quarters if that is agreeable to you?"  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2017-4-28 at 11:32 PM, Once In A Blue Moon said:

"I'm sure you have a much better grasp of the science of the matter than I do, doctor, but what would really help at the moment is to know whether the idea could work, and if so if you can make a prototype. Once we have a proof of concept then you can hammer out the theory," Misty could feel her mask starting to slip in the face of Blood Drop's supreme confidence. What was it the Starfleet Flight Officer's manual said? Orders are easy, command is hard; don't rule, challenge and inspire

"This could prove significant innovation, if it works. Can you do it?"

"obviously, one moment" Blood Drops snorted and scribbled down some notes, "3 is the point of the 1. 4 the 1-5-9 are 2. 6-5, 3-5! 8-9, 7-9! 32384 62643 38327! And... perfect." she remarked over her comm's. She then trotted over to the replicator, and replicated her prototype. "Why, hello! This mic is zeta sexy! Perfect for my opus!" she remarked to Ensign Flight (Essentially it was a large microphone). She then configured it with the ships shields and scanners, otherwise it wouldn't work. When it was ready for testing, she hailed Ensign Flight.

"Testing the prototype now" she remarked, she then promptly activated the prototype. It emitted different wavelengths from the ships scanners, when it eventually found the frequency of the cloaked ship it would in essence be visible for scanners. You could also use this method to identify the shield frequency, as long as it was static and not rotational. Currently though, the cloaked ships had no shields, its rather impossible to be cloaked and shielded since, shields are easy to detect, and its a big drain on the reactor. 

She increased the power, trying to scan pass the cloak, she fine tuned the wavelength and managed to get a scan back from the cloaked ship, though in the process it deactivated the cloak ship, since in essence, it was . She then send the data onto Ensign Flight, "cloak modulation is at 23.54. Though they are probably aware of us scanning there ship by now. Might have accidentally short circuited there cloak. That is what you requested correct? Wanting them de-cloaked?" she informed the Ensign.

She then turned off the prototype and recorded the notes.

Edited by BloodDrops
  • Brohoof 1

@Mentis Soliloquy @Shadow Dancer @Miss Reaper

The Romulan paused for a moment, as if considering the terms. His adjutant just looked around, a mix of curiosity and... boredom? The silence was only momentary as the General reached, slowly, for his sidearm and replied, this time, in English. "Why of course, we'll get our weapons off the ship when the shuttle leaves. Suldek? take my pistol and leave yours too with the guards by the shuttle. They'll be leaving too when our luggage is unpacked."

The junior officer seemed displeased with the prospect of meeting Klingons unarmed, even across a table, as was evident by the way he held the General's own sidearm when they arrived - at the ready, but still pointed down. Seeing that they already started fighting each other, he smirked and huried back to the shuttle, leaving the pistols and exchanging a few words with the pilot. The old Romulan shook his head with a small sigh, but then nodded at the other Ambassador. "Then perhaps you should take temerament into consideration when picking your aides... Anyway, no harm done, aside from the chap's nose that is!" Korak Rul chuckled at his own joke as his aide returned, and cpt. Soliloquoy offered a distraction. He nodded eagerly: "Why of course, while this Shuttle Bay os cozy enough, a change of scenery would be most appreciated. I'll stay with my aide, everyone else will get back to Genorex, just so you wo't have to worry about a whole lot of Romulans on-board. Oh and, before I forget, could you please arrange someone to take our luggage? it's not much, and of course you can scan it for anything dangerous, I don't mind. Lead the way then captain. Ambassador." - He noded politely at his opponent and waited to be taken to a temporary quarter, calm and optimistic, while his aide seemed a bit nervous now that his sidearm was gone. He also expressed excessive curiosity towards his surroundings. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

591d8c8ca14d8_USSLunabadge.png.6310c3584f7a8d9a5e494e9067f432f9.png

@Raven Rawne@Shadow Dancer@Miss Reaper

The Klingons departed without any further word.

Mentis led the Romulans away from the shuttle bay and to their room, one of the more larger rooms in the guest section of the ship, the part with a ton of inbuilt security so no one could do anything they should not do in that part of the ship, not without some real amount of rank on board anyway or who knew the right codes for overrides. Mentis was rather pleased that the General and his retainer had agreed to relinquish their sidearms while on board it at least gave him hope the talks would be hopefully productive. 

"Here we are General, this is you quarters." Showing the pair in. "You are free to go to the mess hall or eat here as well as use the holodeck if you like to entertain yourself outside of the talks. We're scheduled to start at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. Are there any questions you or your aid have of me or either of my officers?" 

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy
Grammar errors.
  • Brohoof 1

@Mentis Soliloquy

The Romulan envoy followed the captain through the tiny maze of corridors that made up the interior of Luna, his aide just a step behind. Korak seemed to be content with how things played out so far, judging from neutral/slightly optimistic expresion. The stiff manner of walking seemed to be more of a permament thing rather than a simple muscle cramp after the shuttle flight, but he didn't need or ask for them to slow down. Pride before reason? Suldek will surely need something for sore neck muscles in the morrow, judging by the way he seemed to take in his surroundings - if he could, he would make notes. Perhaps this was his first away mission on a Federation ship. He was also much more guarded against any passerby, which might seem odd.

Once at the doorstep of the guest quarters, the Romulans stood politely as the captain laid out the terms of their stay. The ambassador nodded, and, after a moment of thought, replied to his host with a slight smile. "I think we're set for now, yes. Although, could you please provide us with some pointers as to where we may find the Holodeck and Mess Hall? Just in case we decide to stretch our legs. Oh and, a heads up when the... other delegation decides to do the same? Some of them seem to be unaware what diplomacy is about." The aide procured a data slate from his uniform, albet only after a glance from his superior, and asked through the universal translator: "I'd like to ask whether it would be possible for Your crew to add these meals to the replicator database?" The General shrugged as if it was nothing, but added an explanation, in English. "Old wounds, old tastes, that sort of thing. I should be fine without them if it's a problem though. One last thing - could you arrange a private communication line between us and Genorex? And maybe a way to reach You if we need any assistance between the talks. Other than that, we're set."

Suldek didn't wait for the reply, opting to enter the guest rooms an, perhaps, do some kind of security sweep.

• 5 months later...

Blood Drops wakes up on the floor of her medical bay, not sure why she was on the floor, then she spotted the drink next to her. It was defiantly the drinks fault for causing her to forget what she just did. Oppps

back from space land