Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Which OS do you use?

zerox

I feel sorry for all the people using Windows 10. So many lost features, so many problems to come in the future. You might even have to pay for updates.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Windows (10), because there is no OS that can surpass Windows for pretty much everything I do or plan to ever do. Aside from a couple things that are still kinda weird in Win 10 and some bugs, it's actually really good.

I also use Linux, more specifically Ubuntu Gnome on my laptop, because it's a lot faster and is sufficient for what I need.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x. Linux would be preferable, but nobody writes programs for Linux.

There are nearly 4000 games for linux on steam. Windows only programs can run on linux with wine. You can optimize your system more easily than in windows for whatever you need (i.e. low latency audio). There is some linux exclusive software as well.

That being said, windows still has more software.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit that I upgraded to from Windows 8.1. Not a bad decision IMO, it works well, and it was free. Although, the day that Linux (no matter the distro) surpasses Windows in terms of everything, I'm dumping it.

I feel sorry for all the people using Windows 10. So many lost features, so many problems to come in the future. You might even have to pay for updates.

And those lost features would be...?

• Brohoof 1

And those lost features would be...?

Most of them are technical, but still important. A lot of the noticeable ones have to do with the task manager and with the handling of applications. Also, they dumped some of their previous software for apps. If you have a PC, you shouldn't be forced to use a mobile app instead of an actual program.

Windows 7 and I don't have any desire to 'upgrade'. It's smooth, it's sleek, and it's familiar. It does what I want when I want.

I've thought about switching to Linux, but I've always been with Microsoft and I love Win7, so I have no desire to swap to a radically new OS. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2016 at 8:09 PM, \/ said:

nobody writes programs for Linux.

Who told you that? The distro I use (Arch) has approximately 60,000 packages (programs) between the official repositories and the user-run repository. That seems like a lot more than "nobody" writing programs :P

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...