zerox

Technology Which OS do you use?

Windows 7 64-Bit Professional, I don't have any plans of upgrading at the moment (and tbh I probably won't ever upgrade).

I feel sorry for all the people using Windows 10. So many lost features, so many problems to come in the future. You might even have to pay for updates.

Windows 8.1 64-bit. Not as bad as people make it out to be, easy to use and quite useful.

Windows (10), because there is no OS that can surpass Windows for pretty much everything I do or plan to ever do. Aside from a couple things that are still kinda weird in Win 10 and some bugs, it's actually really good.

I also use Linux, more specifically Ubuntu Gnome on my laptop, because it's a lot faster and is sufficient for what I need.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x. Linux would be preferable, but nobody writes programs for Linux.

There are nearly 4000 games for linux on steam. Windows only programs can run on linux with wine. You can optimize your system more easily than in windows for whatever you need (i.e. low latency audio). There is some linux exclusive software as well.

That being said, windows still has more software.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit that I upgraded to from Windows 8.1. Not a bad decision IMO, it works well, and it was free. Although, the day that Linux (no matter the distro) surpasses Windows in terms of everything, I'm dumping it.

I feel sorry for all the people using Windows 10. So many lost features, so many problems to come in the future. You might even have to pay for updates.

And those lost features would be...?

Currently running Windows 10 64-bit, but I've also used Ubuntu quite a bit some years ago.

And those lost features would be...?

Most of them are technical, but still important. A lot of the noticeable ones have to do with the task manager and with the handling of applications. Also, they dumped some of their previous software for apps. If you have a PC, you shouldn't be forced to use a mobile app instead of an actual program.

Windows 7 and I don't have any desire to 'upgrade'. It's smooth, it's sleek, and it's familiar. It does what I want when I want.

I've thought about switching to Linux, but I've always been with Microsoft and I love Win7, so I have no desire to swap to a radically new OS. 

On my gaming rig, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit...free upgrade from Win 7 64 Ult....running on a Samsung SSD. And I'm running Linux Mint on my Asus netbook.

I use Windows, of the 10 variety. Been fairly satisfied with it since its release, been mostly stable and just works well. I have no major complaints.

Badges

(edited)

My computer has Windows 7.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

On 12/13/2016 at 8:09 PM, \/ said:

nobody writes programs for Linux.

Who told you that? The distro I use (Arch) has approximately 60,000 packages (programs) between the official repositories and the user-run repository. That seems like a lot more than "nobody" writing programs :P

that may be a lot but windows probably has 10x or more applications/games available :D

I use Windows 10 home edition. Does everything i want and then some. 

Linux, right now I'm using Q4OS but it's a tad bit laggie, so I'm thinking about going back to Peppermint OS.

(edited)

Windows 10 64 bit. It gets the job done.

Edited by Crescent Forest

I use Windows 7 for my pc. And android on my phone

Badges

(edited)

My computer has had Windows 10, since early 2016.

Edited by Cash In

Badges

I dual boot windows 10 and mint 19.

I mostly use mint nowadays as if I do want to play games, steamplay/Proton usually do a good job at it and for general usage, it works well. 

Windows 10 64 bit. Came with the Asus ROG I bought last Christmas. Pretty good experience with the live service updates Microsoft's decided to use as their business model. 

(edited)

My laptop has Windows 10 Home 64-bit on it.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Badges

Windows 10 for PC, and Android for my phone.

I hate Android. The lag really pisses me off.