Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Which OS do you use?

zerox

Windows 10 on my PC for now and Linux Mint on my laptop. It dual boots with Windows but I use linux more on it. I'm thinking of maybe replacing it with opensuse.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

My tablet has android 4.4 (does what I need from a tablet)

my mobile phone is running android 6.0 

and my laptop (unforunately) runs windows 10,

I intend on moving to linux when the support gets better

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Still win 7 at home, planning to upgrade soon (TM). Also about time since the support ends in 6 months.

At work win 10, also used Linux (mostly Ubuntu) in the past.

what verson of Windows 7 do you have, if you have pro you can buy a year support, that'll buy you some time

• 2 months later...

Depends on what I'm doing really. If it's for general purpose or gaming, I run Windows 10 Pro (Home is a fucking joke). If I need to setup a GUI-less server of some sort, RHEL or CentOS. If I want a server with a GUI, I use Fedora. If I switched to Linux over Windows, Mint with the Cinnamon environment. For other server tasks, I use Windows Server 2012 R2. Probably gonna switch to 2019 here soon tho.

And I use Android-based mobile devices.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I began using Windows 10 Pro for 64 bit systems since June earlier this year.

Took me a looooong time to make that change from Windows 7 to 10, but that ending support for Windows 7 gave me absolutely no choice. I am really not a fan of the ridiculous overhead in Windows systems.

Ubuntu Linux. Simply I got tired of the new bug features of windows 10 and the constant updates restarting the pc regardless if there is a render or calculation is in progress. I found my alternative programs for video editing, programming and for other stuff, so windows is only loaded when there is no other option.

A few different OSs, depending on the device. My main PC, normal laptop and media PC both have Windows 7. Router, file server, other servers run Debian Linux. There are some Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 VMs too. I have Ubuntu Linux on one of my pocket PCs. Another pocket PC has an old version of Windows 10 (I spent time to disable most of the telemetry and updates on it).

I do not think I will run Windows 10 on my main PC - when new games stop supporting Windows 7 I'll probably just build a new PC just for games.

Edited by Pentium100

• 3 weeks later...