Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Cowboy Bebop RP (sci-fi/SOL/Anthro)

Jack Baker

Well I guess if you need a guy that's a experimental cyborg who is Techno then I'll join!!! I just need a few hours to get to writing up his custom character information for the RP!!! :)

I'm sorry, but there are no cyborgs in Cowboy Bebop. Robots aren't actually a thing in that world, the closest thing to robots are AI piloted ships.

So, I can't really accept that. I'd suggest looking up what Cowboy Bebop is; as I've stated before, I want to remain true to the aesthetic.

Ah, this reminds me:

@@Hazard Time,@@Orange Sparks,

As with Trinket, I'd like you both to create a short biography for both your characters for this RP. I gave it some thought, and I think it would help with the RP a lot. Hazard, I know you don't know much about the Cowboy Bebop universe, but whatever you read online should suffice, as long as you have a general idea of the world it should be fine.

@

Yeah, that wasn't supposed to happen... Trinket can't be an old lady. :v

My bad, I'll edit it again. Thanks bunch for the heads-up.

@@Orange Sparks

Oh, and the name of the ship is The Vega, apparently. It's recently updated in the original post.

• Brohoof 1

@

The idea I'm running with so far is that Bronze grew up in a decimated slum on Earth (Equestria?) and so joined the ISSP to try and protect her family and loved ones.  However, as corrupt and inept as the organization was, she eventually left and became a cowboy.  I'm aware that this sort of storyline happened in the original anime (not sure which character), but it works for her so...  :please:

• Brohoof 1

Name: Clockwork Gears

Backstory:

Clockwork Gear is a twenty-three year old mechanic who specializes in metal prosthetic limbs and starship mechanics, He joined the Vega at age eighteen as their mechanic after his mother and father were killed by a group of raiders who were pretty high on the wanted list. He knew that he wouldn't be able to take them on by himself, so went searching for a starship crew to join. That is when he came across the Vega, and they were looking for a mechanic, which luckily for him, he is a mechanic. After joining the crew and proving his worth to them over the next five years, he soon became the pilot of the Vega as well as the mechanic. 

He is still searching for the people who murdered his parents.

(Sorry, not really good with altering backstories)

• Brohoof 1

Alright everyone, while we are one person short, I do want to get this RP off the ground, so if you would like to start, I will make a thread for the RP.

Sure, let's do it! More people will certainly notice the RP once the actual RP thread is up and rolling as well.

• Brohoof 1

I've also got a real quick question, if you don't mind! o/

How long have our characters been traveling together, i.e. how long they know each other?

Right so finally I've been able to do a good BIO for him and just now I came up with the idea of Villan for the RP and he is also in the BIO!!! :)

Techno/Herobrien's age: 70

Backstory/some character information: In the beginning Techno and Glitch where rulers of equestria but then Techno had a scientific theory that was finding a way to digitise magic so it could be controlled and used by computers. He then got so deep into the project that he completely dropped out of royalty to try and possibly evolutionise equestria into a new cyber age. Also Glich then got interested in the project and also left royalty to work on the project. He then finally got it with the discovery of universal energy that he then created generators and computers for it and of course working robotic unicorn horns. And both of them had universal energy CPU units installed to add inbuilt digital features like syncing up to computers remotely and to have a advanced interface that was able to monitor and also control brain activity. But then just days before The brothers released their invention to the world the warp accident took place and also somehow rewired Glich making him into a dangerous Villain known as Herobrien. He wanted to take control over everything and was responsible for a huge amount of the planetary raids in recent years. Herobrien's main outpost HQ on a planet in a nearby solar system known as HPD-684. This planet was originally a empty wasteland but then Herobrien made the hole planet into a city of factories that manufactured huge fleets of robotic ponies. But still it took years to create an assault star liner and the armys that are transported in them. So far he has two assault fleets and is close to completing a 3rd fleet. And Techno is the main protector against Herobrien's forces as a part of the ISSP as he is equally powerful as Herobrien. But he is still trying to find a way to destroy Herobrien's factory outpost to stop the assault fleets. So Techno is more focused on programming and enhancing his small but extremely advanced and powerful star jet.

Star Jet information:

Name: the universal streamliner

Engines: universal energy plasma jets

Energy source: 4 universal energy generators

Control system OS: Alstrome 4.7-Aviation edition

So yes there is quite a bit more information I could of included but this should be enough to get a basic idea of both characters. If there is anything else you want added or changed please let me know!!! :)

To be honest I seriously did run out of time to write up my OC's BIO at this point due to tons of other things going on in the house. :)

Right so finally I've been able to do a good BIO for him and just now I came up with the idea of Villan for the RP and he is also in the BIO!!! :)

Techno/Herobrien's age: 70

Backstory/some character information: In the beginning Techno and Glitch where rulers of equestria but then Techno had a scientific theory that was finding a way to digitise magic so it could be controlled and used by computers. He then got so deep into the project that he completely dropped out of royalty to try and possibly evolutionise equestria into a new cyber age. Also Glich then got interested in the project and also left royalty to work on the project. He then finally got it with the discovery of universal energy that he then created generators and computers for it and of course working robotic unicorn horns. And both of them had universal energy CPU units installed to add inbuilt digital features like syncing up to computers remotely and to have a advanced interface that was able to monitor and also control brain activity. But then just days before The brothers released their invention to the world the warp accident took place and also somehow rewired Glich making him into a dangerous Villain known as Herobrien. He wanted to take control over everything and was responsible for a huge amount of the planetary raids in recent years. Herobrien's main outpost HQ on a planet in a nearby solar system known as HPD-684. This planet was originally a empty wasteland but then Herobrien made the hole planet into a city of factories that manufactured huge fleets of robotic ponies. But still it took years to create an assault star liner and the armys that are transported in them. So far he has two assault fleets and is close to completing a 3rd fleet. And Techno is the main protector against Herobrien's forces as a part of the ISSP as he is equally powerful as Herobrien. But he is still trying to find a way to destroy Herobrien's factory outpost to stop the assault fleets. So Techno is more focused on programming and enhancing his small but extremely advanced and powerful star jet.

Star Jet information:

Name: the universal streamliner

Engines: universal energy plasma jets

Energy source: 4 universal energy generators

Control system OS: Alstrome 4.7-Aviation edition

So yes there is quite a bit more information I could of included but this should be enough to get a basic idea of both characters. If there is anything else you want added or changed please let me know!!! :)

To be honest I seriously did run out of time to write up my OC's BIO at this point due to tons of other things going on in the house. :)

I told you before, I can't accept this character, even more so now. Not to be rude, but this backstory is way off from what Cowboy Bebop is, and that tells me you didn't do what I said and tried to research the world of Cowboy Bebop. Assault fleets? Robotic ponies? Universal energy? None of this in any way exists in a world like this one, and I've told you that. Not only that, but this OC's backstory has nothing to do with wanting to be a bounty hunter in any way; also, you're not allowed to have your own ship/crew until the other crews had reached max capacity, which is five. I stated that's what the case was with this RP, and you're just going off on your own thing here.

And the villain is the same thing, having a fleet of robotic ponies only seems to make this character OP, which isn't going to be fun for anyone. Also, there is no nearby solar system or any planet like "HPD-864"; the range of planets in this world extend from Mercury to Neptune, and that's it. 

So, yeah. I'm sorry, but I'm still not going to accept this character, or the other one.

Edited by Detective Adachi

@,

So is there still any spots open for the starting crew ?  If so I would love to join, just want to know before I craft a character around this world.

And as a secondary question, would a backstory involving being a Methane farmer on Saturn's moon of Titan be acceptable for the RP ?

@,

I saw that on the wiki after posting. A barren wasteland probably isn't to profitable :P

I'll start whipping up a character ASAP :D Should be done later tonight.

Name:Skyhop

Occupation: Former Farmer, Former Bandit and Rogue trader, Currently Bounty Hunter

Personality: A young and adventurous soul, Skyhop is always looking for the next adventure. Though he tries to see himself as a good person, his actions in the past come in conflict with this. Somewhat secretive, he does not like being the center of attention at all and it unnerves him in big situations. He can also be cowardly, such as in heated arguments were he may back down if pushed on.

Backstory: Skyhop grew up on a farm in a large asteroid belt colony. He worked for many years with his pa tending to the farm. Thought not very book smart, Skyhop became physically fit and street smart running errands for the farm and the family. Eventually a gang war on the colony blew out of proportion and his farm became the site of a firefight that started a fire, burning the farm and house down. Skyhop escaped the blaze with a few possessions and his fathers rifle.  To this day he does not know the fate of his Pa. He spent the next few years running contraband and smuggling items for customers in the asteroid belt. During this he became adept at avoiding authorities and rivals alike, preferring stealth and evasion to outright fighting.

He would soon find a weapon that also suited these needs, a modified SG 552 Commando. It would become his signature weapon. Eventually abandoning the smuggling life, he would become a small time bounty hunter, taking down several minor bounties, but never anything too big. He strives for more and looked out to the stars wanting to see more of what the Solar System had to offer. It was at this time in his life fate would align him to find that wish.

(Sorry it is a bit rough. Still learning the Universe here there any alterations you would suggest to better fit the universe ? :D I also chose a weapon that seemed fitting to the show based on what I have seen)

• Brohoof 2

@@Commander Tangent,

Seems fine to me. Alright, your character's in! 

At first, I was gonna have you come in at a later time since we've already started, but since we actually haven't introduced the entire crew, you can start out on the Vega. Post whenever you're ready :)

• Brohoof 1