Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overpowered characters you think should be depowered down?

cider float

depowered down

Just saying this because the vocabulary used kind of annoys me, but this seems like a double negative. Someone can be powered down or depowered, but if they're depowered down doesn't that just mean the depowering is lessened possibly to the point where it's no longer happening?

Edited by Marimo

Just saying this because the vocabulary used kind of annoys me, but this seems like a double negative. Someone can be powered down or depowered, but if they're depowered down doesn't that just mean the depowering is lessened possibly to the point where it's no longer happening?

"I can speak english, me"

=w=

Came at me, bro.

You're missing the point.   I'm saying that if life-dedication to magic-study is the reason for Starlight's unusual power, then Sunburst should logically be even more powerful.   So now we're right back at just "because potential," a.k.a. "born lucky."

Am I? Yes, to some extent Starlight "Would have just gotten lucky" in terms of her magical power, and then dedicating her life to magic and studying it would have increased that talent obviously, meanwhile if she hadn't done so it wouldn't have improved as much. I just don't see what the problem is? Why does there need to be more of a reason?

Rainbow Dash could perform a legendary Sonic Rainboom when she was a filly, for instance. A trick so rare it was thought of as myth, I've never seen anyone complain about that. She must have "Gotten lucky" too, to some extent.

Am I? Yes, to some extent Starlight "Would have just gotten lucky" in terms of her magical power, and then dedicating her life to magic and studying it would have increased that talent obviously, meanwhile if she hadn't done so it wouldn't have improved as much. I just don't see what the problem is? Why does there need to be more of a reason?

Rainbow Dash could perform a legendary Sonic Rainboom when she was a filly, for instance. A trick so rare it was thought of as myth, I've never seen anyone complain about that. She must have "Gotten lucky" too, to some extent.

Except Filly!RD had some plausible justification, being the future Element Of Loyalty and all.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm of the belief that no character currently in MLP needs to be powered down at this rate. I'm honestly fine with where characters like Discord and Starlight are at, and just feel it would be unneeded. I can see why some people feel differently; though.

The thing is: there is no OP character in MLP . Nope, none. I'm sorry , but Discord was not only beaten by Tirek, even with his "omnipotent" power, and oh look, he's so OP he can't make a changeling magical barrier disappear oh I don't know, from outside the barrier? What kind of "Op" character is that ?

Oh, and Celestia and Luna, neither of them are OP, I mean damn, they barely could handle clouds. Storm clouds? Yes. But that's what they are: clouds. Talk about Op.

Oh, and Twilight: not really OP, she's just an alicorn that is pretty skilled at magic, yes, but pretty much everything she does is done with the help of someone else.

Starlight? Ok, she could be considered OP ... actually, hell no she's not. Who is she? A unicorn who learned magic all her life after feeling abadoned. Of course she won't try to learn pretty magic like transforming frogs to apples, but useful magic to get revenge: of course she'll learn how to fly, who said it was impossible to learn with magic? No one; actually it's pretty normal I think, it's frinkin' magic for god's sake. People considering her OP don't get it: OP is when a character is too strong by nature, never showing any flow  at any moment, and an OP character's power is not justified. Here, we have two princesses, not OP (God, in a comic they were restrained by plants; plants), a new Alicorn princess who isn't THAT great, she just has knowledge, and needs others, a being of chaos beaten by a dude with normal power, his chaos power not saving him, and a unicorn who kinda deserves her power, even if not OP because she showed flows.

I really don't like it when people try to make characters in MLP Op just like that. There is no OP characters.