Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What object have you owned the longest?

Member Berry

Both my N64 and my Dreamcast I both bought them when I was very little and I still have them till this day.

A Bible my best friend gave to me in 2005 when I was in 7th Grade as well.

probably two 

when i was born my grandfather bought me 200 Microsoft shares which i'm keeping for a rainy day and the second is more of an heirloom a 1st generation Colt SAA which ive got in a safe that one wont ever be sold though no matter how high it goes i mean its been in the family since the 1870s my nans dads family were all Drovers (Australian Cowboys)  

Edited by idunnomaybe

The first thing that comes to my mind here is my baby blanket. It was given to me before I turned 1 year of age and I ended up carrying that thing with me everywhere until I was 9 or 10 years old. And while I no longer carry it around or use it, I know that it's still in our house somewhere. It might be in a memory box or something.

Im pretty sure i own my own Body the longest.

It was always mine, as long as i remember.  :lol:

That's just what the government wants you to think. 

My Social Security card.  :lol:

That's a clever one :fluttershy:

The Item I've owned the longest is my birst certifricate! :fluttershy:

At first I was going tp say my copy of Setimus heap. 

Then I realised  owned my typewriter longer than that.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere stowed away there is a stuffed Paddington Bear I used to absolutely love when I was little.

He had no boots, a blue rain jacket and a yellow hat. Google search seems to pull up most with red hats.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere stowed away there is a stuffed Paddington Bear I used to absolutely love when I was little.

He had no boots, a blue rain jacket and a yellow hat. Google search seems to pull up most with red hats.

my sister has one of those it was my mums according to our grandmother it's from the 50s 

Nintendo 64. I don't know how it's even lasted this long.. I've had it since.. I'd say around 2000/2001. All I know is that I was really young when I got it.. :D

my sister has one of those it was my mums according to our grandmother it's from the 50s 

Paddington is from the 1950s, but my stuffed one was not. My grandmother bought him for me somewhere. 

If we go with my plushies the oldest is the one my grandma got for me after I was born. For video games it would be my Gameboy Color and Pokemon Red. I wasn't given my social security card and birth certificate until I was 19 so I can't go with that.

I have several plushies that have been with me as far back as I have memory. I still have all my old toys and I cherish them more than anything else I own. They're my family!  :twi:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, can't remember much at all from my childhood, so I'm at a lack of nostalgia there. My memory never has been stellar. Hmm, do remember having a keepsake christmas box of my baby teeth but those cracked in half from age eventually. Don't recall what happened to that first lock of hair we kept either...

Most of my books are at least a decade over despite constant revision & having to whittle through them every time I moved. No, what I remember the most, is this dingy, old half blue, half black coat. It's a simple affair, likely gotten from Goodwill. Outer layer of very thin windbreaker, water-resistant material & an semi-thick layer closer to me. Most wear its had is from me blowing the bottom of the pockets out and sewing them back together myself or removing that bottom drawstring that bugged me.

I've had that coat pretty much ever day I can remember. Don't think its ever been more then a quick grab away from me at any point in my life. I remember wearing that coat to & from the first high school I attended. I remember huddling in that shoddy blue parka even in the dead middle of a California summer. I remember using that coat as a blanket on days I've been sick & when I twisted my ankle that one time when even my backpack betrayed me.

I've lived in this coat, painted in & on it, tossed my cookies on it, fallen in the mud with it...

It's my shell against the world. While I've grown more to where I can't suck my legs into it anymore; its still big enough to consume my hands & cinch tight the hood enough to the point where all you can see is my nose.

Linus mighta had his security blanket, but can he zip it up around him? Hah!    My coat...

Yeah, I got up & put it on halfway though typing this. What about it?

Sure, maybe I'm greedy, a horder. Those black loafers of mine that I've almost worn a hole into are a good example of that. But I don't like to give up on those things that have stayed with me.