Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What object have you owned the longest?

Member Berry

Woodbird, as I called it when I first found it as a little kid on a beach somewhere. Found a piece of wood on a beach that looked remarkably like a bird to my young eyes, so I took it home, named it Woodbird and got waaaaay too emotionally invested in the silly thing. :P

VmF0Nks.jpg

I have a blanket made of lots of knitted squares, each square was knitted by a different member of my family and they put them all together into a blanket which was given to me when I was born. I've still got it so it's been with me all 19 years of my life.

My doll...As a kid (3) i was scared of dolls with eyes...im not kidding blinking non blinking it didn't matter..So i got this "sleeping" lifelike doll at this big store and kept her ever since (Once when i was out with my mom (i was about 4) a lady started yelling at my mom that my doll "anna" (pronounced au-na don't ask i don't know why) wasn't being held correctly because she thought my doll was my little sister) id give a pic but i don't have one so... and she's turning green

Edit: my mom would murder me if she knew i forgot this...a lock of hair from my first haircut (she uses it as a book mark in her bible...i have no idea why

Edited by Lillim

Does my bed count? If so its my bed, almost as old as I am.

:lol: That's probably the same for me. I was supposed to get a new bedroom set a few years ago but I didn't have room so I passed on it until I moved out. I got a house this past summer, but the room that will ultimately be my main bedroom has painted over wallpaper. I still have my old bed (which is about 25 years old now :blink:.) until I get that crap redone.  Surprisingly it still looks brand new somehow. I always did flip it when I washed the sheets/blankets.

I do also remember that I have my baptism candle somewhere with all my stuff I haven't unpacked yet. I remember cracking it in half when I was like 4 or 5 because... I felt like it???? :muffins:  Seriously I don't know WHY I did that.

I had a Green frog from Build a Bear workshop for a Long time, His name is Toad Man (Don't ask me why, I was a Kid whose I thought Toad man would be a better name), I had him since either 2010 or 2011.

Edited by Zachary

Probably my red and white plush bunny that I called "Very red bunny" right when I learned to talk. I think I still have that plush somewhere! It looked like the bunny in the picture below. Mine lost its collar long ago though.

vinjpupu.gif

I have a set of coins from 1997 from when I was born so that would probably be the oldest except that it was locked up in storage for a long while so I never had it around when I was younger.  Apart from that I have my 3 main stuffed dogs that I probably had since I was 3 or 4.  The oldest one was squished flat because I hugged it so much.

The baby teeth that I accidentally yanked out many years ago.

Also my PS Vita. I haven't had any electronic device for anywhere near as long as I had my Vita.

Heck since I got my Vita I've had 3 different 3DS' and used 4 different phones.

Hmm... I have my baby blanket that's at least 24 years old (not sure if mom had it already when I was born or after my brother was born, but at least since my brother was an infant that's for sure)! It's gotten a new cover over the years but the insides are still the same! :rarity:

As for something that I was more conscious about I guess that would be a book about biology for kids I got from my grandma 20-22 years ago. I have it to this day on my shelf!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My old post 2000 Lionel train. I remember when I was only 5 years old. Me parents bought me that train set when we were in California. I lost everything except for the locomotive, tender and the caboose. But it still works like the day we bought it.

• 3 months later...