Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Own any movies/TV shows from digital services?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

With the advent of the almighty internet, digital services have also become a norm. No longer do we simply have a choice of a physical copy of media, we now can have digital copies as well. While people do have genuine concerns about owning digital copies, I have grown more interested in buying digital movies and TV shows.

So do any of you own any movies or TV shows on digital services? Could be any service. Xbox, Playstation, or any other service that allows this very thing.

I actually don't own any, yet. Soon I am planning on going on a buying spree on Xbox One for movies and TV shows that I really like. The huge bonus to this is that while I cannot download the content to my Xbox One system, apparently I can download them to my laptop and my Windows Phone. Pretty cool. :3 The first few purchases I think I will make are for Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and at least the first season of Spongebob. I want to get a collection going.

• Brohoof 1

I dont own any yet, but i would really like it, if the big Companys like Dc Comics and Marvel, would just take all the Stuff, they dont want to release and havent yet and just release them digitally.

They dont have to waste that much Money and i can finally own the rest of media Stuff, that is not available yet.

Like the 1992 Series of Human Target or the Nightman Series.

Or the american old Spiderman Series.

Or freaking " Tolle Sachen " episodes from " Bernd das Brot ".

Its sad, that there is still some Stuff, that is not available anywhere, even though we have this kind of Option now...

And i still have to find some suspicious Sides for some Media...its sad.

• Brohoof 1

Not much really. I use Spotify for my music because I don't pay for my membership, as my brother has a Spotify Family membership, and I pay for DirecTV Now, an cable IPTV service that allows me to get my cable channels over the Internet (100 channels for $35 a month). But yeah, I don't own any digital media other than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon -

Transformers(1982) season one

South Park - Make Love Not Warcraft

King of the Hill- Witches of East Arlen

Futurama - Where No Fan Has Gone Before

Die Hard

Problem Child

Recess School's Out

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

The World's End

Paul

Super Tengenn Toppa Gurren Lagann Lagann-Hen

Beavis and Butthead Do America

iTunes:

episodes from

The simpsons

Rugrats

My Little Pony

Motorcity

Gurren Lagann

Legend of Korra

King of the Hill

Beavis and Butthead

And the entire Megas XLR series

PSN:

DBZ Battle of the Gods

Resurrection F

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Small update to this: Since I made this post, I have acquired the first season of Spongebob, both seasons of Attack On Titan and Final Fantasy Advent Children on Microsoft Movies & TV. Not sure why I bought Advent children honestly, looking back it is not a good movie by any means, but I guess I have tons of nostalgia for it. Nostalgia be stealing my money. :P 

I generally just do subscription services for TV series. Occasionally if I want to watch something new, I'll rent it on Amazon. But if it's something I know I'll watch multiple times, I'd rather buy the disc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I recently bought Tangled on FandangoNow so I could watch it in 3D on my Oculus. But the copy I got was so washed-out and blurry I could barely tell what movie I was watching. I had to demand a refund. I no longer have an account with them. If one of my streaming services has a movie I like, I just keep it in my playlists and watch it as desired. If I want to own a copy I prefer to buy a dvd.

Holy balls. Hard to believe I only owned those two things on that service by this point. On Microsoft Movies & TV, my collection is now rather gargantuan. I own nearly 200 movies at least and likely around 40-50 shows. They have a surprsingly great collection with really good deals each week. I will try to list all that I have in detail at some point, it simply won't be an easy task. It's just funny looking back at this thread, how I owned nothing on the service at the time, to now having such a huge collection. :P 

No, you just rent them on digital services. Even if they claim you own them.

Not if you have a DRM remover. I bought episodes of Kate & Mim-Mim and The Twisted Whiskers Show from iTunes and removed their protection.

Edited by Sasoriman

On 2021-04-25 at 3:31 PM, Sasoriman said:

Not if you have a DRM remover. I bought episodes of Kate & Mim-Mim and The Twisted Whiskers Show from iTunes and removed their protection.

So you actually download the files? That's good and what you should be able to do to begin with. I still prefer physical media though.

15 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

So you actually download the files? That's good and what you should be able to do to begin with. I still prefer physical media though.

Yep. You can buy/download whole seasons or episodes, and if you have a remover (I use TunesKit), it's yours forever. I have them saved to my desktop and a backup copy for a flash drive in case my computer dies. 

I still have physical copies of all the Harry Potter movies, and am looking into buying some old PS2 games.