Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Scene(s) you would take out of movies you like

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Most media is not perfect. Most media has a flaw or two even if the rest of it is a masterpiece. Even media that we love can have a problem or two in certain spots. Specifically movies. Sometimes, a movie can be so good but there is at least one scene that we may wish never was in the film, a crack in the movie's armor.

So let's go into that topic. Are there any movies that you love that you would like to see a scene removed?

For me, the first one I thought of was from Fight Club. This is a film that I absolutely love and have watched it countless times. It has some awesome messages about society and how messed up it is at times, and overall it is a fantastic film.

However, there is one particular scene that bothers me and I will put it in a spoiler to explain it. If you have seen the movie or you don't care about spoilers, check it out below:

It is the scene where Tyler grabs Raymond out of the convenience store and holds him at gunpoint. He gets his info and finds out that Raymond was once training to be a Vet. He stopped though and this is what Tyler is trying to make him go back to doing, threatening to kill him right there if he doesn't comply, which he does comply and runs off, with Tyler showing that the gun was not loaded.

While this scene may have a different point than what I see, this is why it bothers me. The whole scene essentially centers around job elitism in a way. That classic thing is society where people will constantly go on about how their job is awesome and the lower tier jobs are shit and blah blah. In this case, it clearly is saying that Raymond should go and be a Vet rather than some convenience store clerk. I mean, would he make more money? Yes, but the issue I have is that, well, somebody has to do it! Whether or not it is a store clerk job, that is still a job that someone is doing. They should not be looked down upon just because of it. This is the vibe I get from this scene that it is looking down on someone that is working at a store like that and not at some 'better' job. The line that irks me the most is "Would you rather be dead? Shot in the head in the back of some convenience store?" That line really makes me think the scene is heavily implying that working at that convenience store is a job that nobody should want or have, and that is irritating.

That also goes against what the film has been telling us this whole time, which is 'You are not your job, or the money you make. You are not what you buy.' Yet this scene seems to imply that you apparently are tied to the job you have and you should strive for 'the best you can get'. It seems hypocritical to me. Maybe that is just me viewing it wrong or something, but I still think the scene would be better out of the film.

• Brohoof 1

I would get rid of the kiss between Sharon and Steve in Captain America Civil War, as I really don't care about their romance. I also wouldn't lose much sleep if Natasha and Bruce's relationship in Age of Ultron never happened.

• Brohoof 3

In the Lion King, Hakuna Matata is the worst. (just, the whole thing...)
In such a perfect musical, Hakuna Matata had to become the most famous songs of them all. It's annoying, almost unecessary to the plot.

Well, it's still an amazing movie with or without that scene/song...

• Brohoof 1

I would say not removing it but resharpen it.

Batman vs Superman (the part where batman wouldn't even stop to listen to superman to warn him (3x) that his mother is in danger. You would thought at least batman would give superman time to explain himself before beating him to a pump.

Can  this count too?

remove Fnaf: Sister location overall.  

Can  this count too?

remove Fnaf: Sister location overall.  

Why though? :( I thought the game was actually really good overall.

(you're free to have an opinion, I don't mean to change it, just want to know your opinion / don't mean to offend)

• Brohoof 1

Why though? :( I thought the game was actually really good overall.

(you're free to have an opinion, I don't mean to change it, just want to know your opinion / don't mean to offend)

My view on Fnaf is crushed because  of Sl.

Well, as quibble pants says; "I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm saying I don't acknowledge them." 

It is now my motto for Sl. The game is yes good and well enjoyable. The story itself, the whole set up was poorly made, non-original, and completely made it lost it touch to the overall FnaF story-line. Custom night just made it worse. Some say its a spinoff, some says it not. I crossed my finger that its a spinoff. How did Scott turned something simple, realistic,  old-fashioned, special, and heartbreaking (poor kids)'s plot into something more absurdity. An A.I automatics?  Survived after 99% of your organs got ruin? An Human experience just because one man's daughter was kill? Sorry, mad scientist in  a scifi horror  theme just kills it all. I was looking more forward to something simple and yet have this psychological setback; like  PG's (Will) motive in the spin off the sliver eyes. Where he kinda mentioned in a delusional way he want to find them a home.

Now that should have been a canon. Because to me, that ties better with Fnaf1-Fnaf4 than SL.

yeh I have more to say but really, I think I get to the point where my thought on this doesn't even matter anyways. Most people are is just too happily  blind-sided thinking SL answer all their questions and theories (when it it doesn't)  to even come to notice that the genre of this horror game has made a terrible turn and losing it originality.. 

good bye Fnaf old fashioned horror story...hello Sl.

Edited by Satrox
  • Brohoof 1

Take out the Trolls scene that appeared in the middle of Frozen. Breaks the flow of the movie by bringing everything to a screeching halt, and that Troll song sucks balls

Remove the Trolls song from Frozen.

Remove the live action scene from Lego Movie. The films great but the first time i saw that bit my reaction was pretty much the John Travolta meme, the film kinda stops. 

Also the awkward scene from Fury where the squad join Brad Pitt and the kid in the apartment and just ruin the peace with their bad manners its just plain awkward and uncomfortable, i understand if it was intended to be that but i hate watching that part

• Brohoof 2

While this scene may have a different point than what I see, this is why it bothers me. The whole scene essentially centers around job elitism in a way.

I see your point, but I still don't think this particular scene is about job elitism. :) Tyler tries to push Raymond to follow his dream, that's all. Here's how I read this scene: Raymond is a sensitive guy who loves animals and has always wanted to work with them and help them. At some point he decided to become a vet to pursue his dream of saving animals... but then dropped out of a vet school for whatever reason. Tyler steps in and, as he learns about Raymond's abandoned dream, he pushes Raymond to try again and make the dream come true. The message of this scene is not Get a better job!, but Do what makes you happy! ^^

But you're right, it can easily get interpreted in a different way. If Tyler did this to a wealthy banker who dreamed of becoming an artist, the message would be more obvious!

In the Lion King, Hakuna Matata is the worst. (just, the whole thing...)

I came to this thread to write the exact same thing! :D I would get rid of Timon and Pumbaa altogether... Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 1

Take out the Trolls scene that appeared in the middle of Frozen. Breaks the flow of the movie by bringing everything to a screeching halt, and that Troll song sucks balls

. I would have rather gotten rid of Olaf's annoying In Summer song instead. At least the Trolls song sounds more pleasant to listen to. Or both songs could have been removed, to make room for better songs to be put in the latter parts of the movie, which was lacking musical numbers.
  • Brohoof 1

I completely agree with removing the trolls from Frozen.

Another scene I'd like to remove is the opening and ending of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Grindelwald should not have been in that movie in any way, shape, or form. The guy he was masquerading as could have been a supporter of his, but the man himself had no place in that movie and it really ruined the whole thing for me.