Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are some more excited for EQG specials as opposed to season 7 or the film?

Tilgoreth

How does it realte to you differntley?

If it wasn't for the first Equestria Girls movie, I wouldn't even be in the fandom right now. Despite how terrible it is compared to the sequels, I still hold it in a special place in my heart because of how it opened me up to what I've spent the last three years doing.

• Brohoof 1

I think the people who are excited about the specials are excited because they think it is(and probably actually is) a field-test to see how Equestria Girls hold sup in an episodic series format. Equestria Girls would be better served as a series, as they can explore more things and not always have to worry about making sure there is room for the "plot" of the movie.

For example, we still don't know how Sunset Shimmer lives and what she did when she first entered the Humanoid world. What about the other characters? Do any of them work? We saw Rarity in a fashion boutique so is that where she works? If she does, does she own it at her age? We've seen how Pinkie Pie and Applejack live, but what about the others? Does Trixie live with her parents unlike her Pony counterpart? Does this mean we might see Trixie's parents? Can Lemon Zest have some lines please? Can Sunny Flare have some characterization? What about Diamond Tiara? Without Cutie Marks to rip on does she still have a rivalry with the Cutie Human Crusaders? Is she a spoiled brat? There is so much they could do but can't because it'd interrupt the flow of the movie...

Edited by Evil_Emperor
  • Brohoof 2

I hate the 4th EQG, it is the worst EQG, but still i am waiting for EQG shorts, it should be interesting. The reasons i am exciting for them are because i am still love EQG, one bad apple cant hurt my interests... that bad, i just take them away.

About season 7, the answers are simple, people dont like the ss6 finale or the season itself, they consider the staff shows sign of lacking direction or there are direction, but people dont like it at all. Many people hate Starlight and they feel like she wont go away anytime soon. The LOE end credit is what hook people for the next EQG even they dont like the movie that much but for people who are tiring of season 6, it is a relief that there is still aomething promising.

For me, season 7 and movie are my top priority. I am less invested to EQG franchise after LOE, i wanted to watch LOE so badly in the past and that what happen to me. I'm saving my fuel for my ss7 hype train, any of its infomations will accelerate my train, just a little animatic will help.

I have to ask why didn't you like LoE? Also personally I'm on the opposite side to those fans who didn't like season six. Personally I love Starlight and thought season six was one of the best so far.

I am looking forward to season 7, and apparently the movie. But dude, looking forward to EG and SAYING IT is like blasphemy in this fandom. I'm sorry.

Wait why though? Why would it be bad?

If it wasn't for the first Equestria Girls movie, I wouldn't even be in the fandom right now. Despite how terrible it is compared to the sequels, I still hold it in a special place in my heart because of how it opened me up to what I've spent the last three years doing.

Ok alright. Is it because they where human and not ponies?

Maybe it's another reason people like background ponies more than the main cast. Special shorts might glean more towards showing their background ponies.

Yeah I've been in the fandom for like a month so I still don't care much about background ponies.

I think the people who are excited about the specials are excited because they think it is(and probably actually is) a field-test to see how Equestria Girls hold sup in an episodic series format. Equestria Girls would be better served as a series, as they can explore more things and not always have to worry about making sure there is room for the "plot" of the movie.

For example, we still don't know how Sunset Shimmer lives and what she did when she first entered the Humanoid world. What about the other characters? Do any of them work? We saw Rarity in a fashion boutique so is that where she works? If she does, does she own it at her age? We've seen how Pinkie Pie and Applejack live, but what about the others? Does Trixie live with her parents unlike her Pony counterpart? Does this mean we might see Trixie's parents? Can Lemon Zest have some lines please? Can Sunny Flare have some characterization? What about Diamond Tiara? Without Cutie Marks to rip on does she still have a rivalry with the Cutie Human Crusaders? Is she a spoiled brat? There is so much they could do but can't because it'd interrupt the flow of the movie...

Yeah I've heard a lot of people say that. If it does turn in to a tv show I feel like it might eventually replace the main show. Which would be personally disappointing as I like EQG but prefer the main show.

I have to ask why didn't you like LoE? Also personally I'm on the opposite side to those fans who didn't like season six. Personally I love Starlight and thought season six was one of the best so far.

Wait why though? Why would it be bad?

Yeah I've been in the fandom for like a month so I still don't care much about background ponies.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people say that. If it does turn in to a tv show I feel like it might eventually replace the main show. Which would be personally disappointing as I like EQG but prefer the main show.

Neither do I care about background ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I thought Legend Of Everfree was the best one. Why didn't you like it?

Put simply, what interests me about this series seemed to have nothing to do with what the movie was doing, and I didn't find the movie very funny or compelling either. I felt that Twilight's character arc was severely underdeveloped despite taking up a good chunk of the runtime - is Midnight Sparkle an actual thing or not? Does she have a good reason to be afraid or not? - and I feel the film tended towards boring characterization. The mane six are one-note, Sunset seems to have stopped having problems or flaws, and Twilight barely shows a personality beyond her vague anxiety. Furthermore, I really don't care for the "superhero" direction these are taking, because the most interesting things about these movies to me has always been 1. seeing familiar faces in new roles, and 2. seeing Sunset Shimmer find her place between the two worlds. Mostly, though, I just didn't find the movie fun at all.

• Brohoof 2

Put simply, what interests me about this series seemed to have nothing to do with what the movie was doing, and I didn't find the movie very funny or compelling either. I felt that Twilight's character arc was severely underdeveloped despite taking up a good chunk of the runtime - is Midnight Sparkle an actual thing or not? Does she have a good reason to be afraid or not? - and I feel the film tended towards boring characterization. The mane six are one-note, Sunset seems to have stopped having problems or flaws, and Twilight barely shows a personality beyond her vague anxiety. Furthermore, I really don't care for the "superhero" direction these are taking, because the most interesting things about these movies to me has always been 1. seeing familiar faces in new roles, and 2. seeing Sunset Shimmer find her place between the two worlds. Mostly, though, I just didn't find the movie fun at all.

Yeah I can understand that. But out of all the movies it definitely has the most cohesive plot. Gloriosa' s motivations are understandable and realistic. It had better pacing with both the action and songs. I don't know I the first and third one aren't great for me. They where basically the same movie. New character who is misunderstood and not really evil redeems by the end for no reason.

Actually, yes, although it's because when I was first exposed to the movie, I only saw snippets of it. Those snippets took place in the human world as opposed to Equestria, so I didn't get to see the ponies until a few days later when I watched the entire movie on YouTube.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I can understand that. But out of all the movies it definitely has the most cohesive plot. Gloriosa' s motivations are understandable and realistic. It had better pacing with both the action and songs. I don't know I the first and third one aren't great for me. They where basically the same movie. New character who is misunderstood and not really evil redeems by the end for no reason.

Given that I was bored through the whole thing and found the whole rather unfocused and underdeveloped, I dunno if I can echo your praise for the pacing. I honestly think the third doesn't deserve its bad rap; it's got issues, but there's details there I like and it's so over-the-top that I find it a blast to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Also personally I'm on the opposite side to those fans who didn't like season six. Personally I love Starlight and thought season six was one of the best so far.

I like season 6, not the best, but in 3th in my top seasons, and Starlight is one of its reasons  :P.  

I have to ask why didn't you like LoE

In this case, i am afraid we are not on the same page (not everyone will be on the same page... forever  :orly: ), You know i usually rewatch episodes and EQG movies at least 10 time before i stop? It doesnt happen to Legend of Everfree, it is hard for me to sit through the whole movie and i decide to not watch it ever again. The pacing is slow and boring, the payoff is poor, songs are bland and forgettable excluding Legend You were mean to me, there are two songs have similar tune with Apple to the core and Luna's future, the stupid school romance keep coming back, and that new clothes design... Sunset carries the whole franchise in her shoulder from now on, because every other characters are just not interesting enough to make a show on their own, unlike FIM. Frienship Games has many great idea but poor screentime management, Legend of Everfree, wasted over 40 minutes screentime to do nothing interesting, and then we got an Villain-that -we-all-know-she-is-the-villain-right-away, the payoff doesnt worth the whole sitting through the over half the movie with boringness. Boringness is one of the biggest sins when come to watching a movie to me.

Hah, nevermind, that my negativity of this movie, dont mind me, i dont force anyone hate it anyway  :orly: Any postives i have to say about Legend of Everfree? Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry, and Legend We were meant to be.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, yes, although it's because when I was first exposed to the movie, I only saw snippets of it. Those snippets took place in the human world as opposed to Equestria, so I didn't get to see the ponies until a few days later when I watched the entire movie on YouTube.

Yeah I don't really feel the same way. Personally part of the reason I do find the show interesting is that the characters are ponies.

Given that I was bored through the whole thing and found the whole rather unfocused and underdeveloped, I dunno if I can echo your praise for the pacing. I honestly think the third doesn't deserve its bad rap; it's got issues, but there's details there I like and it's so over-the-top that I find it a blast to watch.

Well the reason you said you liked the third one is why I hated it. It just doesn't make sense and is all set up just to get Twilgiht out of the franchise and replace her with Sci-Twi.

I like season 6, not the best, but in 3th in my top seasons, and Starlight is one of its reasons  :P.  

In this case, i am afraid we are not on the same page (not everyone will be on the same page... forever  :orly: ), You know i usually rewatch episodes and EQG movies at least 10 time before i stop? It doesnt happen to Legend of Everfree, it is hard for me to sit through the whole movie and i decide to not watch it ever again. The pacing is slow and boring, the payoff is poor, songs are bland and forgettable excluding Legend You were mean to me, there are two songs have similar tune with Apple to the core and Luna's future, the stupid school romance keep coming back, and that new clothes design... Sunset carries the whole franchise in her shoulder from now on, because every other characters are just not interesting enough to make a show on their own, unlike FIM. Frienship Games has many great idea but poor screentime management, Legend of Everfree, wasted over 40 minutes screentime to do nothing interesting, and then we got an Villain-that -we-all-know-she-is-the-villain-right-away, the payoff doesnt worth the whole sitting through the over half the movie with boringness. Boringness is one of the biggest sins when come to watching a movie to me.

Hah, nevermind, that my negativity of this movie, dont mind me, i dont force anyone hate it anyway  :orly: Any postives i have to say about Legend of Everfree? Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry, and Legend We were meant to be.

Yeah that's how I feel about the other ones. Slow pacing doesn't necessarily equate boring. And at least the songs where actually paced out and not crammed every five minutes like in Rainbow Rocks. I think you said something about the clothes? Well if you mean the camp outfits st least they finally wear pants. Seriously they all wore skirts. Even Rainbow Dash when she was playing soccer. Also about the outfits at the end yeah personally I didn't think they where that great. The only one that really looked good was Sunsets. And Twilight looked like she just stepped out of a cyberpunk anime. I just thought it was the most enjoyable one So far.

Yeah I don't really feel the same way. Personally part of the reason I do find the show interesting is that the characters are ponies.

Them being ponies is just an added bonus to me. I see the characters as tackling situations that often reflect what people in real life can experience every day in their lives, but with a stronger emphasis towards fantasy given the setting.

• Brohoof 2

Them being ponies is just an added bonus to me. I see the characters as tackling situations that often reflect what people in real life can experience every day in their lives, but with a stronger emphasis towards fantasy given the setting.

I don't know if I would enjoy the show if they where default human. Apart of the reason I like it is because it is small sort of whimsical.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know if I would enjoy the show if they where default human. Apart of the reason I like it is because it is small sort of whimsical.

Magical school girls? Like Winx club or animes? Human Citizen in fantasy setting? Like lord of the rings? Nice but not even unique, this show is special because Ponies, EQG is doom in the beginning if it is not a Ponies spin off series. I watched too many japanese magical girls even their twisted version a.k.a Madoka, i will say in term of slice of life magical girls genre, EQG isnt that impressive, i love to see "if our Ponies become humans, in schools settings?", not "a western kid friendly version technical color magical gỉrl". :D
  • Brohoof 1

Remember that humans have been a part of MLP since generation one, so in that sense, Equestria Girls is paying homage to that but on a much bigger scale since in generation one, there were only a few humans as opposed to an entire world of them.

• Brohoof 1

Magical school girls? Like Winx club or animes? Human Citizen in fantasy setting? Like lord of the rings? Nice but not even unique, this show is special because Ponies, EQG is doom in the beginning if it is not a Ponies spin off series. I watched too many japanese magical girls even their twisted version a.k.a Madoka, i will say in term of slice of life magical girls genre, EQG isnt that impressive, i love to see "if our Ponies become humans, in schools settings?", not "a western kid friendly version technical color magical gỉrl". :D

Yes this is exactly how I feel. I think it might be sort of boring without that.

Remember that humans have been a part of MLP since generation one, so in that sense, Equestria Girls is paying homage to that but on a much bigger scale since in generation one, there were only a few humans as opposed to an entire world of them.

Not really. The EQG human world operats indpendentley of Eqstria. Also there human world has no natural magic. It all comes from Equstria.

Not really. The EQG human world operats indpendentley of Eqstria. Also there human world has no natural magic. It all comes from Equstria.

Hence why I said it was a homage. Equestria Girls brought back the concept of humans being part of the My Little Pony universe, but in the case of EQG, they don't have the humans traipsing about a land filled with ponies as was the case with generation one. I see it as a nice reference much like how the writers brought back Lord Tirek and the Smooze and updated them for the current generation. Despite how much has changed, it's good to see generation one influencing generation four to an extent.

• Brohoof 1

Hence why I said it was a homage. Equestria Girls brought back the concept of humans being part of the My Little Pony universe, but in the case of EQG, they don't have the humans traipsing about a land filled with ponies as was the case with generation one. I see it as a nice reference much like how the writers brought back Lord Tirek and the Smooze and updated them for the current generation. Despite how much has changed, it's good to see generation one influencing generation four to an extent.

I guess I see what you mean now. Also I think earlier you said you got in to MLP because of the first EQG movie. Thinking about it now if I had seen the movie first I probapy still would have gotten in to mlp. Mostly because I have already watched the Tinker Bell movies. And those are really girly. Excrutiatingly girly.
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I see what you mean now. Also I think earlier you said you got in to MLP because of the first EQG movie. Thinking about it now if I had seen the movie first I probapy still would have gotten in to mlp. Mostly because I have already watched the Tinker Bell movies. And those are really girly. Excrutiatingly girly.

Completely by accident of course. If I hadn't turned on the television that Sunday morning, I wouldn't have seen Equestria Girls in those snippets I mentioned, and I wouldn't be part of the fandom right now.

• Brohoof 1

Completely by accident of course. If I hadn't turned on the television that Sunday morning, I wouldn't have seen Equestria Girls in those snippets I mentioned, and I wouldn't be part of the fandom right now.

Well if it wasn't for the fact that I had watched some animie and those Tinker Bell movies before I wouldn't have given the show a shot. Because animie is weird and Tinker Bell was super girly.

Well if it wasn't for the fact that I had watched some animie and those Tinker Bell movies before I wouldn't have given the show a shot. Because animie is weird and Tinker Bell was super girly.

Everyone got into the fandom in their own unique way.

• Brohoof 1