Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plot Points/Potential Storylines that haven't yet been followed up upon

BrawnyCharger

FIM is still a work in progress. and more often than not, some plot points established earlier on in the series have plenty of potential for further character development and would make for fantastic story arcs. 

The problem is that sometimes, the creative staff tend to focus on other storylines and ignore others. I think this past year, the writers were focusing WAY too much on the Starlight Glimmer stuff, but that's just my feelings on it.

One storyline I'd like to see capitalized upon that was established back in Season 5 is Big Macintosh's desires to be a hero like Applejack.

Are there any plot points and/or potential storylines that have been established at any point earlier in the series that the writers haven't yet followed up upon that you would like to see developed?

• Brohoof 2

In late season 5 and early season 4 it was starting to seem to me like Twilight places way too much pressure on herself as a princess, so I'd like to see that addressed, but that could just be my headcanon.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we haven't seen much into the Manehattan CMC arc. I'm really hoping for it!

For those that say Babs' VA doesn't want to voice in the show anymore, it's not true. Saw on Brynna's Twitter that she seemed to agree on Babs coming back. The only ones stopping her are the crew for lacking ideas. :P

Scootaloo's parents, 6 seasons and nothing is ridiculous. Also a lot of potential for a story of how they perceive Rainbow Dash as a role model, or even a story about neglect with them never being around for her(Them not being anywhere when she got her CM comes to mind)

The origin of Spike's egg needs to be touched on. How did they get their hooves on it? There has to be a good story there.

Yeah I agree with this. Seems like such a huge plot point to just up and drop going no where in S2

Edited by Reinbow Dash
  • Brohoof 2

It would be awsome if they did something with Silver Spoon. Since Diamond Tiara got some character development, it's time they did the same with her best friend.

Also, I wanna see more of the Everfree Forest, it hasn't been explored since Princess Twilight.

The origins of Celestia and Luna. The renovations of the Castle of the Two Sisters. A complete CMC get together and adventure (with Babs and Gabby). The Pony of Shadows. Rainbow Dash as a Wonderbolt on an actual mission with them as a team. The return of Lightning Dust. Zephyr getting eaten by a hydra. Zecora's homeland/origin. The return of the Power Ponies... OK just the Masked Matterhorn manely.

• Brohoof 2

I'm curious to know what Twilight went through when it came to looking after Spike after he was hatched. I know the comics have already done this earlier this year, but it'd be nice to see if the show could come up with something similar. My other idea probably wouldn't happen given it does involve Sunset, yet we know next to nothing about her childhood aside from one or two things mentioned across different MLP media. Why not give her some more backstory?

-Why Twilight is an alicorn but not her friends or some kind of repercussions as to why only Twilight ascended. Seriously waiting nearly four years and it's just "Oh she's an alicorn and a princess, nothing else changed at all."

-HAVING ANY ONE OF THE REMANE 5 STAR IN A TWO-PARTER!  FFS it's been six year, none of them have had one to themselves and then they give Starlight four over any of them. Complete bullshit there.

-Celestia episode. Six years, constantly keeps getting worfed, needs to stop. 

-Deep Past episode. Show something before the Mane 6 hit the scene, like from 1000 years ago or something in that time space. You have 1000 years to work with, SOMETHING must have happened in between then. 

Not that I think any of these will actually happen.