Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you plan on getting married?

Member Berry

I would like to get married someday but I have no hurry on it either... to me that's not something that should be done just cause everyone thinks you should do it so in my case I would wait till I feel like its the right moment to do so... 

• Brohoof 1

To me marriage is only if I find the absolute Mr. Right. I have learned over the past 7 years or so of my life that naivety and distress over love interests is not a good thing for you. Fourth failed because I realized he wasn't right for me to date a man that has the sex drive of an r63 version of Ms. Krabappel, and what I felt to be an obsession with my body rather than the real me(LOTS DIFFERENT, TRUST ME). I had to unofficially marry the guy before I realized it wouldn't work. (Those who know me know his name, he treads these forums no more, though he used to).

So yeah, I'm only going to marry Mr. Right. The patience I have is only achievable due to my preference of isolation overcoming a need for a loving man to lean my head on and share my emotions with (I know it sounds like a oxymoron, but that's me for you! Some of my traits do contradict others I have!).

Firstly, I do still browse these forums on occasion, so you may want to stop the badmouthing because you think I can't hear you, it's bad form.

I could go on and on about how you're not telling whole truth, that I told you many times over that your physical appearance doesn't mean anything, and that I told you many times sex doesn't matter to me.

Or how you said I was "too ugly for you", and yet now go on to say I couldn't look past your appearance.

If you'd like to actually talk to me about this sort of thing instead of bringing it up in a public forum, I've sent you some PM's, read them. Or we can discuss all about how you said sex is too important to you to keep dating me and then went on the hypocritically slander me about this sort of thing, but I'm sure these fine people don't want to hear about it, and I'm sure you'd rather not have me continue to tear down this neat little fort of lies you've built yourself, so I'll leave this here for now.

And as for the question, yes, I do, though my BF and I have only been dating for 3 months or so, so certainly not anytime in the near future. Maybe a few years down the road.

i must say, yes i want to get married... but thats where this sentence ends.

never got lucky enough to find someone... dont know if i will... i do hope so...

but at the same time, i do see it as more of a personification of the metaphoric agreement of menogomy.

so i would not have to get married, but the concept of it is appealing to me.

My country has not legalized gay marriage yet. We only  have registered partnership.

But I also only would want the get "married" when I want a child, because only married couples or couples with registered partnerships can adopt children.

Not for the time being. Too unemployed and don't have enough funds on getting married. And even if I do get married, I'm likely to get divorced, which is a really bad thing.

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd

• 4 months later...

I dislike the very concept of marriage, I just don't see the reason to do all these useless rituals. Sure, living with someone you love could work fine but getting married and paying all that money for no reason doesn't make sense to me.

I guess I'm amazed at all the spiteful sentiment towards marriage. Marriage doesn't have o be a HUGE gala thing like a lot of people make it out to be, that's more a wedding show. If you really love someone, why not commit? You can keep it small or elope. Marriage is beneficial to couples and a pledge of love to one another. I am a Christian so I see it as the highest bond two people can have on this Earth. It's sad that modern society doesn't take marriage more seriously and more like they'll keep it until they throw it away. Children benefit from having two married parents.

I don't think it's outdated at all, but a beautiful thing when taken and considered seriously.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/8/2016 at 2:01 PM, Oleks said:

“I love you so much. Let’s get the government involved, so it will be harder for us to break up."

This cracked me up xD

If I meet the right person, I'm all in!

• Brohoof 1

Well.... I guess so.... I am off work tomorrow so we can fit it in around 3ish?

So, who is free to get married. C'mon, speak up, i don't have all day.

But in all seriousness... I dunno. Someday perhaps. I like the idea, but it requires me meeting the right person, and together deciding if that is the step we want to take. It is not something I feel people should take lightly, and should involve serious discussion and consideration of where you are at in your relationship and where you want to see it going. I don't like the idea of jumping around between marriages looking for the "one" to spend the rest of my life with like I were on some sort of crazy reality game show.

4 hours ago, GoldenGumdrop said:

I guess I'm amazed at all the spiteful sentiment towards marriage. Marriage doesn't have o be a HUGE gala thing like a lot of people make it out to be, that's more a wedding show. If you really love someone, why not commit? You can keep it small or elope. Marriage is beneficial to couples and a pledge of love to one another. I am a Christian so I see it as the highest bond two people can have on this Earth. It's sad that modern society doesn't take marriage more seriously and more like they'll keep it until they throw it away. Children benefit from having two married parents.

I don't think it's outdated at all, but a beautiful thing when taken and considered seriously.

Mine was almost not even a Church event. They didn't want to marry us since my wife was Wiccan with some Christian beliefs. The Catholic Church is all suspicious about those silly witches. But, as it turned out, the Bishop looked the other way after I lightened my bank account a little. Money is the perfect antidote for doctrine apparently. 

That little move is why we didn't raise our kids Catholic, and why I've had one foot outside the Church since my 20's. 

Also, we redid the ceremony out of State years later in a Celtic hand binding thing ... surrounded by weeping willow trees. More romantic than what we originally got. Also less expensive ... -_-

So it's been half a year since I posted here. No, I have no plans on ever getting married again. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but truthfully I don't even see myself dating anytime soon. 

• Brohoof 2

At this stage in my life i don't even know what i want. Currently i don't plan to get married for sometime. Heck i might not get married at all. Going to depend on alot of factors before i decide to pursue such a life changing commitment. 

Marriage won't prevent me or my hypothetical lover from inevitably embracing the endless void at the end of our short, fragile lives, so probably not.

Actually, after some research, there's a lot of benefits to marriage. So probably. Then again, I'm single. So probably not.

For me marriage itself isnt a necessity. Others have posted it and i've always been in agreement that the relationship is whats important. Marriage itself is more for the legal benefits that lets you sign your "spouse" on paperwork allowing financial and rights intensives. Otherwise its just an "official" file stating two people are living together permanently which I'd assume a committed couple would want to anyway.

As such while the marriage aspect isnt an ultimate goal the long term relationship is what I inevitably want. Tho finding someone that would be interested in me with how busted I am has already been more than a challenge. :pout: