Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Steampunk Adventure (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC Here

@Dynamo Pad

Clockwork Gears sighs as she takes off her brass goggles and wipes her brow with the back of her hand "Finally finished with today's work load" she says as she rolls up the blue prints to a new set of armor plated automail legs and arms. She looks at her current work "I sure do hope the military appreciates these, this is the biggest load I've ever done" she says to herself once more before locking the blue prints away and oils up her eye and arm as she picks up her shoulder bag and keys.

After locking up her workshop and home, she starts making her way to the closest tavern, ignoring the looks and whistles she got from stallions on her way there. Upon reaching her destination and walking through the doors, she breathes in the aroma of alcoholic beverages, fresh cooked food and the various oils of armored ponies with automail. She recognized her recommended oil and smiles.

On her way to the bar, she notices a lone stallion at a table with a scroll of parchment in front of him. "Hmm I wonder what's up" she says as she makes her way over to look at what he was doing.

• Brohoof 1

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo Pad sighs as he lays down on the couch to his living room. He folds his hands and puts them behind his head as he looks up at the ceiling. He then grabs the letter that he read moments ago and looks at it again. "I didn't think Spitfire and the others needed materials so soon. I guess her new recruits aren't having the easiest of times." He sighs once more as he sits up from his seat and exits his house. He takes his keys and makes sure to lock the door behind him, before walking down the steps to a random destination. 

He sees a local tavern and deices to head in. He had to plug his nose at first from the alcoholic beverages, but did his best to get over it. He went over to stool and sat down. "Can I get a cola with ice, please?" He asks getting a nod from the bartender. He smiles in appreciation as he pulled the parchment mail. He was glad that he remembered to take that before leaving. He read through it once more before stopping at a particular line. "I'm supposed to meet somepony soon. They would show up at my house and then I would visit their workshop. The question though is when. Spitfire never really said when I was supposed to meet her." 

He was so caught up in his reading, that he could faintly hear someone walking up to him. He took a slight glance and saw a mare looking over his shoulder. "It's impolite to stare, you know." He chuckles as he turns around in his seat. He blushes slightly as he saw the mare in front of him, but shook his head to get rid of the blush. "Sorry about that. I was just kidding. You're welcome to join me, if you like." He chuckles while patting the stool seat next to him.   

@@Dynamo Pad,

The bartender nods and gives him his glass before tending to her other clients.

Clockwork smiles "Ah'm truly sorry, Ah was just curious as to what was up. Ah also couldn't help overhear you talking to yourself..you are meant to meet a pony to help you, correct? Turns out Ah have to meet some pony too" she says as she sits down and sighs a little "Thing is, my employer is always so vague when she sends me those letters, it's rather frustrating" she says then reaches out her non-automail hand and smiles "Name's Clockwork Gears by the way, nice to meet ya" she says in a somewhat southern accent. She sips on her whiskey and smiles as she looks around the tavern, "`Ah love this 'ere atmosphere" 

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo receives his drink and nods in appreciation as he hands him the bits.

Dynamo chuckles with a smile, as he shook her non-automail hand. "Like I said, it's no problem at all. It's nice to meet you Clockwork. My name's Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. That's also a really nice accent you have there." He chuckles as he runs a hand through his mane. "Yeah, you see. I have a bad habit of talking my thoughts out loud. It can sometimes come back to haunt you, if you're not careful." He raises and eyebrow at the mare sitting next to him. He nods in agreement as he slides the letter next to her. "It is rather frustrating after a while. The letter doesn't even have an address on it or anything. Just the recipient's name and the seal on the letter. I can always tell who it is, by the seal. The lightning bolt in the circle isn't easy to figure out." He takes a sip of his cola and sighs. He smiles at her as she looks around the tavern. "It's not really my place, but it's somewhere I can relax and think on things."   

@@Dynamo Pad

Clockwork smiles and nods "Thank ya kindly, ya can take the girl outta the country, but ya can't take the country outta the girl" she says with a chuckle then takes a look at the letter "Well Ah'll be, almost looks like we're meant to meet, Ah'm also employed by Spitfire, and Ah also got a letter like this one 'ere" she says as she takes out her own letter and shows it to him, "Guess we're meant ter work together then, that's fine be me" she says with a wide smile. 

She then finishes her whiskey and orders another one, She then orders some hamburgers and seasoned fries "Wait just a darn tooting minute there, Dynamo Pad? Dyna...DYE! Oh my stars! Is it really? Ah barely recognized ya, c'mere you!" she says, pulling him into her signature headlock and ruffling his mane "How long's it been?"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo smiles and returns the nod with his own. "Your welcome and you've got that right." He says with a light chuckle. He raised an eyebrow as he listens to her remark. "This is interesting. I never knew Spitfire had others working for her. I usually guessed that each member of the Wonderbolts would have a pony working for them." He notices Clockwork pull out a letter as she passes it to him. He inspects the letter and looks up to smile at her. "Well, what do you know? I guess we are meant to work together. I'm okay with that as well and I hope we can work well together." He says as he gets a refill of his drink.

He then was pulled into a headlock by Clockwork as she ruffles his mane. "I-I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're...wait a minute. You said Dye? Nopony has ever said that name since high school. The only pony to call me that was...Clock!" He says as he pulls away from the headlock to get a good look at the mare next to him. After a minute of inspecting her, he smiles widely as he pulls her into a tight hug. "I knew it was you Clock! That accent did ring a bell. I can't believe it's you after all this time." He says as he pulls back from the hug and smiles at his old friend." 

@@Dynamo Pad

Clockwork smiles "Yeah, yeah, since high-school, Look at ya, all grown up an' handsome an' all" she says with a slight blush across her muzzle "Ah never would have thought that the cute little colt I knew since Ah was a filly would grow up to be so ruggedly handsome" she says and sighs,rubbing the back of her neck with her now auto-mail arm and her mechanical eye whirs a little, making some noise. "As to yer question before, yah, Spitfire hires me to do their armor and mechanical stuffs" she says and sips on her drink, thinking back on the days that she and Dynamo would spend together after school, the major crush she had on him since elementary school and the pain she felt when they eventually went their own ways.

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo blushes as he runs a hand through his mane. "Oh, stop that. I'm not that good looking. You on the other hoof have became even more beautiful as I remember." He places a hand over his mouth as he realized what he had said. He shook his head to rid the blush upon his muzzle. "A-Anyway, I got to admit that's pretty cool that we work under Spitfire. I always imagined some of the other wonderbolts, like Soarin and Fleetfoot, would have their own ponies to help them in their work." He takes a sip of his cola as he sneaked in a glance or two at Clock. He remembered having a crush on the mare sitting next to him when they were much younger. He even remembers the fun and silly times they shared together as well. "I just want to know something? What happened while we went our separate ways?" He frowns slightly as he remembers when they eventually had to leave each other.

@@Dynamo Pad,

Clockwork blushes "Oh shut up Dye, you know I don't like being complimented" she says, looking down at the floor, thinking it was more interesting at this time "Well I do major projects for the military you know, so I report directly to their leader" she says and looks up at him, "T-..I..." she sighs "I still hold onto that pain, I mean you...do you still remember that promise you made me on our graduation day?" she asks, shuffling her feet a little, "I do, a-and I'm waiting for it to be fulfilled"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo chuckles as he saw Clockwork acting all flustered. He shakes his head as he smiles at her. "You know you should take a compliment when you get one. You really are beautiful, both inside and out. You were popular with the colts back in high school, but I remember you would always turn them down left and right. I guess they weren't your type, or something like that." He rests his elbows on the bar table as he places his chin in his hands. He looks at Clockwork with wonder as she explained what her job was to him. "That's a pretty interesting job you have. It sounds very important and you seem like a capable mare in that field. I usually don't get called in by Spitfire. I sometimes do, but it's rare. It's mostly just by mail anyway. For me, I usually use an air ship to reach Wonderbolt's HQ. I also use the air ship to deliver shipments to other towns that need the Wonderbolt's deliveries."

He looks at the mare sitting next to him with a look of confusion. He desperately tried to remember what she meant, but couldn't find an answer. "I...I'm really sorry. I mean, I do remember we made a promise, but it's been such a long time. I'm not truly the best when it comes to remembering certain things. C-Can you tell me so I could remember, Clock?" He asks while giving her a pleading look. 

@@Dynamo Pad

Clock looks at him "You promised that we would meet again, and that y-you'd take me somewhere special a-and..." she blushes as she holds out her left hand "P-put a ring on my finger" she says before finishing her drink "Y-you know, m-marry me" she says softly and blushes some more. It was very rare that the mechanic would blush like this, but remembering her fillyhood crush on Dynamo was bringing it along, and the promise he made to her made it even worse "Y-you do intend on keeping that p-promise right?"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo's jaw drops slightly as he finally remembers the promise he made to Clockwork. He blushes deeply as he runs a hand through his mane. "Clock, I...I do remember that promise now. After we got our diplomas, we went to our usual hangout at strategy club. We talked and the next thing I know I told you. I guess I forgot because I never thought we'd see each other again. I remember we wanted to stay together, but we knew it wasn't possible at the time. I remember that I told you that if we ever met up again that we would always be together. However, that wasn't all from the promise I told you." He looks to her and gives her a wink while smirking. "I said that we would go out on a date and build up the relationship, but if we had true feelings after said date, then we would get married to each other." He places his hand upon her non-metal one and squeezes her hand to comfort her. He sees her blush and smiles. He remembers that she rarely ever blushed. She would only blush a little while she was around him. He shook his head as he soon realized that he was the one to make her blush due to her liking him. "I'm sorry Clock and I hope I can make up for it now. Miss Clockwork Gears? Would you do me the honors of going out with me? I wish for us to see how things will go. After that I shall make my decision. What do you say?" He asks as he looks at her with love and care in his eyes.

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo's jaw drops slightly as he finally remembers the promise he made to Clockwork. He blushes deeply as he runs a hand through his mane. "Clock, I...I do remember that promise now. After we got our diplomas, we went to our usual hangout at strategy club. We talked and the next thing I know I told you. I guess I forgot because I never thought we'd see each other again. I remember we wanted to stay together, but we knew it wasn't possible at the time. I remember that I told you that if we ever met up again that we would always be together. However, that wasn't all from the promise I told you." He looks to her and gives her a wink while smirking. "I said that we would go out on a date and build up the relationship, but if we had true feelings after said date, then we would get married to each other." He places his hand upon her non-metal one and squeezes her hand to comfort her. He sees her blush and smiles. He remembers that she rarely ever blushed. She would only blush a little while she was around him. He shook his head as he soon realized that he was the one to make her blush due to her liking him. "I'm sorry Clock and I hope I can make up for it now. Miss Clockwork Gears? Would you do me the honors of going out with me? I wish for us to see how things will go. After that I shall make my decision. What do you say?" He asks as he looks at her with love and care in his eyes.

Clockwork smiles and nods "I was hoping you wouldn't remember that part." She says with a giggle and loks to him. As he squeezed her hand to reassure her and as she looked in his eyes, all she saw was the love and care he has for her. Closing her eyes, her mechanical one whirring and clicking, she smiles and nods "Yes , I will go on a date with you"

@@Orange Sparks,

As he heard Clock's remark, Dynamo jumped our of his seat and pumped a fist into the air. As he saw all the patrons in the bar laugh at him, he rubs the back of his neck with his hand as he blushed. As he sat back down in his seat, he took her hand in his as he smiled softly. "I'm sorry about that. I was waiting to ask you for a long time. After we went our separate ways, I just thought I would never get a chance to ask you out. I'm glad we met up again and now we can try being together." He places a hand under his chin as he closed his eyes in thought. "The question remains though. Where would you like to go on our date, Clock? It doesn't really matter to me. I'm just glad I get to spend my time with you. The letter says we don't have to report to Spitfire until tomorrow. So, we have all the free time we need for our date."

@@Dynamo Pad

"Well, how about the Andromeda Bar? Or better yet the Golden Sprocket?" she asks with a smile and looks at him, and as she is just about to kiss him, a stallion, obviously a brawler, comes up to them and leans on the table.

"well hey there utie, why don't you lose this loser and come join a real stallion?" he asks with a lick of his muzzle, his obviously hovering over her cleavage.

Clockwork sighs and looks him dead in the eye "You better go now, this stallion here.." she says, pulling Dynamo in close "just so happens to be my oldest friends since elementary school, but he is not just that, he is the only stallion to have my heart and body, and not just that, he also happens to work for the military, and don't believe me, then you can ask miss Spitfire yourself" she says with a smirk

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo smiles and nods at her offer. "I think the Golden Sprocket sounds like a great idea. It's a place for airship captains and technicians. It's perfect for the two of us. Plus, I'm a little well known there. So it won't be a problem the guards to let us in." he notices her leaning into him and blushes as he understands what's going on. He starts to lean in a well, but gets stopped when a stallion puts himself between the two fillyhood friends. He glares at the stallion before he is pulled closely towards Clockwork. He blushes deeply, as he smiles softly at her praise. He smirks at the stallion as he starts to see him tremble slightly. "What my friend here says is true. You hurt an member that works for the Wonderbolts, then they'll have it out for you. They won't stop until they catch you and make you regret hurting one of their own. Miss Spitfire will personally see to that. I'm also on pretty good terms with Soarin, so I would watch what you say if I were you." He chuckles as he sees the two mentioned ponies walking up to them.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Dynamo and Clock. How are the two of you? Is this stallion here giving you two any trouble?" Soarin, second in command to the Wonderbolts, had asked. He narrowed his eyes slightly at the stallion, who appeared to look as if he was frozen solid. "Don't you even think about lying. Spitfire and I saw the entire thing. Anything you say or do will be held against you. Now, tell me what you think you were trying to do to this lovely couple." He send the two a wink, which made Dynamo and Clock blush in embarrassment. 

@@Dynamo Pad

Clockwork chuckles "Brawlers" she says with a sarcastic "pfft" "they think they are so tough but mention the military and they become a quivering mess" she says and chuckles as she sees the other two lovers come over, Spitfire was actually in a dress for once, so it must have been a special occasion.

"I..I was..I..." the stallion stutters 

"You where what? You were bothering the best airship captain and the best technician and mechanic that this world has ever seen!" She growls at him and grabs him by the scruff of the neck, dragging him to the door "You are not welcome in any military bar, I will make sure you are blacklisted from every bar and tavern in the whole of Equestria!" she throws him to the ground and stands over him "It's stallions like you that make me want to go psycho on you, you know...as leader of the military I could easily just kill you and get away with it"

"I..I won't b-bother a-anyone e-ever a-again I promise, j-just don't k-kill me" he pleads and gets up

"You have to the count of three before I pull the trigger" she says as she pulls out her pistol and aims it at him "One..Two.."

the stallions runs "Three" she pulls the trigger and fires a warning shot at him, hitting his foot She sighs and goes back inside "Sorry about that, I hate pigs like that, so, I sure do hope you two weren't planning on going on a date without us and I sure hope you weren't planning on claiming that was your 'meeting'" she says with a chuckle before kissing Soarin.

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo nods his head at Clock's remark. "You've right about that, Clock. All brawlers are the same. It's just too pathetic." He shrugged his shoulder and shook his head in disappointment. His ears perked as he heard Soarin with Spitfire walking towards them. He was surprised to see Spitfire in a dress, but he guessed it must be because she and Soarin were on a date. He always heard rumors from the cadets that those two were an item together. "Huh. I guess the rumors of Soarin and Spitfire being together was true after all." He says as he wraps an arm around Clock's shoulder and enjoys the show.

Soarin wanted to step in, but new better since his girlfriend was very capable of handling the situation. He chuckles as he watches his girlfriend breaks the poor brawler's spirit.Dynamo's and Soarin's eyes widen as they see Spitfire pull a pistol out on the brawler. They sigh in relief as she gives him a warning shot before watching the brawler stallion run away in fear. The other patrons in the bar clap and cheer that the situation was handled very well. Soarin walks over and wraps an arm around his girlfriend. "You didn't have to go and do that, sweetheart, but it was very effective." He says as they walk over to Dynamo and Clockwork. He chuckles as he kisses Spitfire back. "We were hoping to find you guys here. We were going out on a date and thought you two would like to join us." He winks as he notices Dynamo's arm wrapped around Clock's shoulder. "Maybe while we are on our double date, we can go over the meeting for your job assignment."

Dynamo realizes what Soarin meant and blushes, but he doesn't take his hand off of her shoulder. "Clock and I were thinking of going to the Golden Sprocket for our date. You can join us if you want to. If that's okay with Clock, that is." He says as he looks over to Clock with a curious look on his muzzle. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Clock smiles but as soon as she sees Spitfire in a dress she whistles loudly "Geeze louise Spitz,I always thought you were quite good looking but seeing you in that dress..if we weren't with our partners, I'd be all over you" she says with a giggle and a wink

Spitfire giggles and blushes somewhat "Now now miss Gears, as much as I'd love that, I'm sure our partners would get jealous" she says, gently nudging Soarin with an elbow "but yeah, the Golden Gear sounds great" she says, hugging Soarin close and nuzzling him

Clock chuckles at the display and shakes her head "Then off we go, and yeah, there are a few things I need to be reassured about with my shipment, as I've used different materials this time" she says as she stands up and they leave to go to the Golden Gear.

Spitfire giggles "Say Soarin, what if Clocky and I wanted to get up to a little fun together? would you really be opposed to that?"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo chuckles as he hears Clock whistling at Spitfire. He couldn't help but nod at her remark. "I have to agree. If given the opportunity, I probably would have asked you out, Spitfire. No offense, but you're not really my type. Besides, I think Soarin is a better match with you."

Soarin chuckles as Spitfire nudges him. "I'm good with the Golden Sprocket. I've heard that place makes the best apple pie." He says while licking his lips at the thought of enjoying a piece of pie. He felt Spitfire hug him and nuzzle him. He smiles and returns the gesture. As the four walk out of the tavern, his ears perked at his marefriend's question. "Hmm...define what you mean by little fun together. I mean it depends. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I'd still would rather have you to myself. No offense, sweetheart." he says as he kisses her cheek.

Dynamo nods in agreement. "Yeah. I wanted to be sure on where this shipment would go and how far Clocky and I would be traveling." He says and smirks at Clock's nickname Spitfire gave her. He takes Clock's hand in his own as they walk out of the tavern together with Soarin and Spitfire. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Dynamo Pad,

Clockwork smiles "Don't worry darlings, Dynamo here is the only one for me" she says and giggles as she helps Dynamo up and then sighs a little "Honestly, I'd be more than happy to get out of this town, I think the fumes from the factories are starting to harm my lungs, worse than the smoking" she says with a slight cough

Spitfire smiles and kisses Soarin "By a little bit of fun, I mean a little bit of girl on girl fun" she says with a wink then looks at Clockwork worriedly "Clockwork, you really ought to quit that, I mean I know it isn't as bad the factory fumes, but when you two hear of our plan, I want you to quit smoking, alright?"

Clockwork sighs "I'll do my best boss" she says as they leave the dive bar and go to the Golden Gear

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo's ears perked as he blushes from her rejmark. He smiles as she helps him to stand up from this seat. "I have to agree with you on that Clock. The air around town always felt stuffy and uncomfortable to breathe."

Soarin laughs at Spitfire's explanation and nods. "Now I understand what you mean, sweetheart, but I prefer to just have you." He says as his eyes widen from Clock's bad habit. "I have to side with Spitz on this one. It wouldn't be good if you visit another part of the country of Equestria. Plus, it's a bad habit that's should be taken care of, in my opinion"

Dynamo nods at at Spitfire's request. "I understand and you don't have to worry about anything, Miss Spitfire. I'll make sure to help stop her from smoking. She's my marefriend now and I want to help in any way I can. I mean, if you want to be my marefriend, that is." He blushes and rubs the back of his neck with his hand, as they continued making their way to the Golden Sprocket. 

@@Dynamo Pad

Spitfire's worried look brightens up a little "I know you will Dynamo, why do you think I entrusted the two of you for this job?" she asks as they start walking to the military bar. She sighs and holds Soarin close "Clockwork, I'm really worried about your smoking, I know they're not as bad as the factory smoke, but please, for the sake of me, Soarin, the rest of the military and of course Dynamo, quit that filthy habit" she pleads

Clockwork sighs "I'll try Spitz, but it won't be easy, when I lost Dynamo after graduation...I had to find something to get the pain out of my system" she says softly then looks to Dynamo "Of course I want to be your marefriend sweetie"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dynamo smiles and blushes from her praise."Thank you, Spitfire. I guess you think highly of us to pull off this job." He chuckles at his little pun before becoming serious. "I'm just glad Clocky and I can help out. We'll make sure the mission is a success."

Soarin nuzzles Spitfire as she holds him close to her. "Don't worry, sweetheart. I know that if anypony can help out Clock, it's Dynamo. Quitting a bad habit is difficult, but not impossible. I know she'll be just fin and in capable hands. She's a very competent and a hard worker. She won't let something like smoking to get her down."

Dynamo frowns as he heard the reason on why she started her bad habit. "I-I'm sorry, Clocky. I didn't think I was the reason for that to happen. I guess I didn't realize how much I meant to you when we went our separate ways. I just want you to know that I won't ever leave you again." He says as he wraps an arm around her shoulder as they walked. "When we met up again, it was as if nothing had changed. I know we can work together so that you can kick that bad habit once and for all."

He then smiles brightly as he heard Clock's response. "That's perfect! I know we'll be not only a great team, but a great couple as well." He says as he leans over and kisses Clock on the cheek.  

@@Dynamo Pad

Spitfire smiles "Well you two are the best I have on roster, clockwork with being the best mechanic and armorsmith I know of, and you with being the best trader ship pilot I know of." she says as she looks to the two of them,. She smiles and kisses Soarin "I know darling, I'm just worried how the others would react if she died from lung cancer, we both now Surprise and Blaze are quite fond of her" she states

Clockwork sighs and nuzzles Dynamo "Shh, it's okay sweetie, we've got each other again now, lets focus on rebuilding things"