Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Steampunk Adventure (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@@Dynamo Pad,

Cloudchaser nods and nods her head, "Same with us, but it was the best thing to happen to us, well apart from our engagement" she says with a smile and hugs Thunderlane close to her "Thunder, love, go keep a look out, maybe snoop about, some of those thieves may still be about outside" she says and nuzzles him "Take Dynamo with you" she says and sits next to Clockwork, "Oh Clockwork, dear one, please be alright" she says softly.

@,

Thunderlane nods while returning the hug. "I agree, Cloud. Being able to participate in the wonderbolts was like a dream come true. Proposing to you still takes the spot of the best thing in my life. Well, that and confessing my love to you." Thunder nods as he places a hand on Dynamo's shoulder. "Come on, Dynamo. Let's make sure that there were no extra thieves from that group are loitering around." Dynamo looks at Thunderlane with a frown of disappointment. "Do I have to go with you? No offense and all, but I want to stay with Clockwork. She is my marefriend after all."

Thunderlane sighs and shakes his head. "I understand how you feel, but Cloudchaser is right here. She may not look it to some, but she's a really good fighter. That training in the academy had some self defense classes. They can prepare you for any flight pattern and any fight situation. I need you to back me up so nothing will happen." He says as Dynamo reluctantly nods. "Yeah, I guess you're right. We might also run into Shade so we'll know more on what's going on." He looks over to Cloudchaser with a look of care and concern on his muzzle. "Please look after Clockwork, Cloudchaser. Make sure you two stay safe." He says before he and Thunderland exit Clockwork's house. They begin to search the parameter of the house to make sure there were no remaining thieves. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Clockwork stirred in her sleep but it was restless and Cloudchaser looks at her worriedly "Oh dear little sister, please not again" she says, holding her hand in her own, stroking her mane with her other hand "Please Clockwork, we're all very worried about you" she says softly with tears in her eyes.

Spitfire could sense something is wrong, shes tops mid flight "Soarin', I'm beginning to have second thoughts about Clockwork's assignment, it could be too much for her, we'll have her deliver the armor pieces yes, but take over for us? I think that might be better suited for Thunderlane and Cloudchaser, what do you think?" she asks with a worried tone in her voice and a worried look on her face.

@,

Dynamo and Thunderlane were scouting the area, but regrouped and came up with nothing. "I guess there wasn't that many thieves to begin with, Thunder. Maybe they ran away when they noticed Shade showing up. It's either that, or there wasn't that many thieves in the area. They didn't trash Clockwork's house that badly from the looks of it." He says while Thunderlane nods. "You're right, Dynamo. There was probably a small group to not gain attention. This way they could waltz in undetected and then make a quick exit. I guess we should head back inside and give the all clear to Cloud." The two began to head back inside to report their findings. 

Soarin notices Spitfire flying faster, as he tries to keep pace with her. He nods in understanding at Spitfire's remark. "After everything that happened tonight, I'm beginning to think that as well, Spitfire. I think it would be okay for Thunderlane and Cloudchaser to make the delivery. They were a part of the academy after all. Even though they aren't true Wonderbolts, I couldn't ask anypony else for the job." He says while placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. After a bit of flying, the two finally made it to Clockwork's house. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Cloudchaser then makes up her mind "That's it Clocky,I've made my mind up. You're staying here with Dynamo, I will take the delivery to Clarissa with Thunderlane. You're in no shape, physical or emotional to go that far, let alone out of here b yourself, or even with Dynamo." she says and puts a wet cloth on her forehead as she seemed to have started to sweat.

Spitfire nods "Indeed, I think it would be for the best for Clockwork to stay home with Dynamo, get to catch up on lost time. I could sense something wasn't right about her at the bar, when that brawler was hitting on her, normally she would have just thrown him out herself, but she seemed more..reserved, calm..I'm worried" she says softly

@,

Soarin nods as the make their descent towards Clockwork's house. "I think that would be for the best, sweetheart. They just reunited and are going out with each other. Putting them on a mission like this will be stressful for the both of them. We'll give them some time until they are deemed ready for a mission. Do you think we should reconsider having them watch HQ when we have our foals? I'm just thinking about the wellbeing for the two of them." He says and notices Dynamo and Thunderlane searching around the house. "Hey Dynamo Pad and Thunderlane! Everything okay over here? Why are you looking around Clocky's house?"

Dynamo and Thunderlane began to make their way back inside the house, but stopped as they heard a voice. They smile and wave as they saw Soarin and Spitfire approaching them. Once the pegasi couple touched the ground, Dynamo nods while walking up to them. "Cloudchaser sent Thunder and I to look around the area. After everything that has happened, there may have been more thieves around the perimeter of the house." Thunderlane nods while walking up to join in the conversation. "We searched, but came up with no results. I guess there weren't as many thieves as we thought. Do you know who was behind all of this? Also, what are you two doing here anyway? Is everything okay and nothing serious happened, right?" 

@@Dynamo Pad

Spitfire growls and sighs "Take two guesses..no wait, I'll tell you. Wind Rider and Lightning Dust" she says, spitting after mentioning those two names "Also, Dynamo, Soarin and I have talked it over, with everything that has happened, Clockwork is not fit for the mission, we both noticed how she was a lot more reserved and quiet when that brawler tried hitting on her. Once upon a time, she'd do worse to him than what I did" she says softly. "So, you're off the mission, sorry Dynamo but you need to stay here with Clockwork, make sure that she recovers, we're going to send Thunderlane and Cloudchaser instead"

@,

Thunderlane gasps at the mentioned names. He sighs and shakes his head disappointingly. "I remember Lightning Dust from the academy days. It was only after Rainbow Dash helped save everypony from a major situation, that Lightning Dust was expelled from the academy. I never thought I would hear that name ever again. Wind Rider is a bigger shock, in my opinion. He's a retired Wonderbolt, but tried to frame others. I'm not sure how or why, but all of this is just plain crazy. I honestly hope we don't run into them, but I just hope we can bring them into justice." His eyes widened slightly at the news of him going on the mission. "I can't believe Cloud and I are going on a mission together. It's been such a long time since we went on a mission in the academy. I don't mind and I'm sure Cloud won't mind either."

Dynamo was also surprised, but narrows his eyes and nods. "I've heard of them from some of the team. They were the worst of the worst in Wonderbolts history. I never would have thought they would show their faces again. I wonder why they would return and why they would want the automail parts. Hopefully in time, the answer will become clear." He sighs, but smiles and nods at Spitfire. "I understand, ma'am. While it would be nice to go on a mission together with Clcokwork. It would be better if I helped her in recovering. She's my marefriend and I promise to take care of her. We should head inside the house. Cloudchaser is taking care of Clocky and we need to fill them in on what's going on." He says, motioning the others to follow him as he walks into Clockwork's house. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Spitfire nods and sighs "I know Cloudchaser will agree with us, she's pretty much been Clockwork's best friend since they were newborn foals, same with Flitter, I for one know that Flitter would be devastated to hear that Clock's house and workshop had been broken into, not to mention the mane six would be very angry, Rainbow especially" she says as they walk in.

Cloudchaser sees them walk in "Spitfire I..."

Spitfire holds up a hand "I know what you are thinking and Soarin and I agree, Dynamo will be staying here with Clockwork to make sure she rests and recovers properly, and you and Thunderlane will do the delivery. As for when I have my foals, well, that will come later" she says.

Cloudchaser nods "I agree"

@,

Thunderlane nods as he and the others walked into Clockwork's house. "I wouldn't be surprised of the mane 6 or Rainbow being angry. You don't mess with a Wonderbolt or with a princess. I also wouldn't let Flitter know just yet. She's still on a date with my little brother. We don't want to ruin their first date by making them feel worried. We can fill them in on what's going on tomorrow. This way we can tell them that Cloud and I are going on the mission the very next day."

Dynamo entered the house and walked over to the couch. He sits near Clockwork and takes her hand in his. He nods at Cloudchaser's remark. "I understand and I'll keep watch over Clockwork. She's my marefriend and it's my responsibility to make sure that she's okay. Do I stay here at all times, or do I go back to my house from time to time?" He asks as Soarin shakes his head. "I would say no on that, Dynamo. We don't know the state Clockwork is in right now. She'll need you and the rest of us to help her recover. She just needs some time, but soon she'll be okay. One of us will bring your essentials tomorrow, so that you don't have to leave Clockwork's side." He turns to face Spitfire. "I agree that we should wait on our temporary leaders. We have plenty of time, so it's no rush to name any names at the moment." 

@@Dynamo Pad

Cloudchaser nods "You're right, let us wait until she is at least awake, she isn't going to like her job being taking over, but it is for the best" she says, still stroking Clcokwork's mane and sighs softly. "I want to give her the job, but I wonder" she says softly as she feels Clockwork's temperature, "It's risen" she says worriedly.

Spitfire sighs and nods and looks out the window "So no more of those bastards hanging about?"

@,

Dynamo nods at Cloud's remark. "It really can't be helped. With what Spitfire was telling us and what happened earlier, it would make sense for her to rest and be more prepared for another mission. Besides, it'll give me some time to catch up with my special somepony." He says while smiling lovingly at Clockwork. He smile soon fades as he hears Cloudchaser's last statement. "What do we do? Does she have any medicine to help take for her fever? Should we take her to the hospital? If so, who could fly her there quickly so we can help her?" He asks as he felt himself beginning to panic slightly.

Thunderlane nods at Spitfire's remark. "Yes ma'am. You are correct in your assumption. It must have been just a few thieves to not alert suspicion. It must have been Wind Rider and Lightning Dust who sent the thieves. Hopefully they've been captures so we can interrogate them." He says as Soarin nods. "You don't have to worry about a thing, Thunder. We were able to apprehend the thieves. It appears it was the Shadowbolts. If you put two and two together, then it means that Wind Rider and Lightning Dust are the ones in charge of the Shadowbolts. I'm not sure how or why, but we at least captured all of those who involved in this situation. There were only three Shadowbolts, one of them being Quick Bit. While he was taken care of, we still have the other two in custody. So hopefully, we'll be able to find out why they tried to steal Clockwork's automail parts."  

@@Dynamo Pad,

Cloudchaser sighs "I'm afraid not,  not at this stage right now" she says and shakes her head, holding her hand. "Oh sweetheart, please wake up" she says just as Clockwork bolts awake and shakes in a cold sweat.

"M-my armor! I-it's missing!" she exclaims and tries to run out of the house ,but both Cloudchaser and Spitfire hold her down.

"Your automail is fine, Shade made sure nothing was stolen, and one more thing, you're not delivering it anymore." Spitfire says "We all agree that you need to rest, this order was a big one, and you're quite clearly exhausted, plus there's something bothering us" she says sternly "Now spill, why didn't you just beat the living daylights out of that brawler like you normally would?"

Clockwork sighs and looks down to the ground "I c-can't..he..." she whimpers "H-he's th-the uncle o-of my f-foal"

@,

Dynamo sighs with worry, as he looks at Clockwork with care and concern written on his muzzle. "Please be okay, sweetheart. I don't want to lose you after just getting you back." His eyes shrank suddenly as he saw Clockwork sits up quickly and is wide awake. He watches in surprise as she tries to run out of her house, only to see Cloudchaser and Spitfire holding her down. He walks over and calmly places his hands on her shoulders. "Sweetheart, look at me. Everything is okay. You can trust Spitfire and I can vouch for her. Shade went to investigate and took care of the thieves. Nothing was stolen or ruined. I promise you that, my love."

Thunderlane joins the group and nods. "It's true, Clockwork. Everything is okay, but I think we have an idea on who it was. I would tell you, but Spitfire has more info on this. All Dynamo and I did was look around the area for any other thieves. Thankfully there wasn't anypony else, but we're still on guard. You shouldn't worry on you not going on the mission. Cloudchaser and I will take care of the delivery. Dynamo will stay and keep watch over you to make sure that you're okay."

Soarin raised his eyebrows in surprise and confusion. "Wait a minute, Clocky. W-What do you mean he's the uncle to your foal.? As far as I-I've known, you haven't had a coltfriend, have you?"

@@Dynamo Pad,

Clockwork sighs and shakes her head "I-I'm sorry everyone, I lied w-when I said I had saved myself for Dynamo" she says softly, "I had actually given up on ever finding Dynamo again, thinking he had found a wife of his own." she says then looks to the others "Do you remember that long time that I was away?" she asks

Cloudchaser and Spitfire nods "We remember, we were honestly rather worried about you, it was like you had dropped off the face off of Equestria" Cloudchaser remarks.

Clockwork sighs "In a sense, I had. I had went all the way to the other side of Equestria, I had found a really kind, caring and loving stallion there. We got married after a year, and then had two foals, but..my husband went away to the war and was killed in action. I was so distraught, I took my foals and returned home, but my foals live with Luna and Celestia.." she says, looking down.

Both Cloudchaser and Spitfire look to their respective partners and their eyes widen a little "Y-you mean those two little darlings are...yours?" Spitfire asks "Oh my, if only I had known! I mean, I had my thoughts, they do look a lot like you, but.. I.." she looks around "Oh no, no, no, this will not do! I will have to have a talk with the Princesses, a mother and her foals should never be separated, I'll see about you two moving to the palace!..." she says then squints at Dynamo "that is...if Dynamo here still wants to be with you"

Clockwork sighs as she begins to cry

@,

Dynamo frowns at the information that was revealed, but he nods in understanding. Soarin nods at the memory. "I remember Spitfire wanted me to go search for you. I even had to take Thunderlane and a few other Wonderbolts to help increase our chances." He says as Thunderlane nods sadly. "I remember we gave up after nearly half a year of searching. We truly thought you disappeared, Clockwork. We're just glad you returned after all this time. I just wonder how long ago did this all happen?"

As the others continued listening to her past, the others were shocked at what happened. Dynamo frowned and looks at his marefriend with sadness and concern. His ears perked as Spitfire addresses him. He almost winced at her intimidating gaze, but shakes it off and walks over to Clockwork. He could hear her crying, but sighs softly and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Clockwork, please listen to me. I'm not mad that you found somepony else. I don't blame you after I was gone for so long. I can tell you I did date other mares, but it never worked out. I always remembered the time we shared and hoped that we would meet again. I'm sorry you lost your husband and I remember the war. I believe it was the battle of the Crystal Empire." He shivers slightly at the memories. "I'll never forget hearing about it in the news. That's besides the point, though. I guess what I'm saying...is that I'm afraid. I know I may not be like your husband, but I hope you'll still accept me. I also hope you're children will also take a liking to me. That's when and if we meet them. D-Do you still want somepony like me?" Tears were building up in his eyes in fear of what her answer would be.  

@,

Dynamo frowns at the information that was revealed, but he nods in understanding. Soarin nods at the memory. "I remember Spitfire wanted me to go search for you. I even had to take Thunderlane and a few other Wonderbolts to help increase our chances." He says as Thunderlane nods sadly. "I remember we gave up after nearly half a year of searching. We truly thought you disappeared, Clockwork. We're just glad you returned after all this time. I just wonder how long ago did this all happen?"

As the others continued listening to her past, the others were shocked at what happened. Dynamo frowned and looks at his marefriend with sadness and concern. His ears perked as Spitfire addresses him. He almost winced at her intimidating gaze, but shakes it off and walks over to Clockwork. He could hear her crying, but sighs softly and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Clockwork, please listen to me. I'm not mad that you found somepony else. I don't blame you after I was gone for so long. I can tell you I did date other mares, but it never worked out. I always remembered the time we shared and hoped that we would meet again. I'm sorry you lost your husband and I remember the war. I believe it was the battle of the Crystal Empire." He shivers slightly at the memories. "I'll never forget hearing about it in the news. That's besides the point, though. I guess what I'm saying...is that I'm afraid. I know I may not be like your husband, but I hope you'll still accept me. I also hope you're children will also take a liking to me. That's when and if we meet them. D-Do you still want somepony like me?" Tears were building up in his eyes in fear of what her answer would be.

"O-of course, I still want to be with you Dynamo. I know you're not my husband, but you're just as good as he was, and I-I'm sure my little ones will adore you, just..don't be shocked by what you see, my husband was a wolf" she says then nods "He was a scout for is"

Spitfire nods but then her ears fold down "not dead, assumed but never confirmed, only MIA" she mutters

@,

Dynamo smiles as the tears he held back had finally fallen down his muzzle. He hugs her tightly and nuzzles Clockwork. "I'm glad you still love me, sweetheart. When you told me how you felt, I was so happy and worried." He smiles as he cups one of Clockwork's cheeks in his hand. "I understand and I won't be shocked. Surprised maybe, but definitely not scared. I think it's pretty cool that your husband was a wolf. I also think it's cute that have wolf pups, as well. I just hope I can be a good father to them."

Soarin ears perked as he heard Spitfire mumbling to herself. He leans closely towards her ear. "So you think her husband is still alive out there? Do you think he would show up again after all this time? What if he is found and wants Clockwork back? Is their marriage null and void, or are there technicalities, dear? I'm sorry, but I'm trying to look out for my brother and sister. I don't want their love to be ruined after all this time." His ears folded down as he looks to the ground bitterly. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

She nods and smiles as she nuzzles him but then she looks to Spifire and shakes her head before she uses her magic to levitate a framed photo of her husband, herself and their children who were half fox and half pony, down the stairs to where the motley group of ponies were, she looks at the photo as tears begin to fall from her eyes.

(her husband looked like this:

4d4498acf09b7f0e53e7d00432a18bb4.jpg

)

Spitfire nuzzles Soarin "I served with him, he's a good man and would want the best for her, even if it means sharing her with Dynamo" she says before looking to Dynamo "And if that is the way it has to be, Dynamo, so be it" she says softly before kissing Soarin's cheek "I just wonder where he is now though"

Of which, he had finally escaped from the dungeons of the Crystal Castle and was wondering the halls, "Wow, e-everything has changed" he says, flicking his ears as he thought he heard a familiar voice, he goes over to the door from where the voice was coming from. He smiles widely as he sees his Captain, and walks in with a salute "Scout Captain Elisedd reporting for duty, Captain Armor"

@,

Dynamo returns the nuzzle as he watches her levitate a picture down the steps to the group. He looks at the picture of her husband and places a hand under his chin. "I don't know why, but he seems familiar to me. I just can't put my finger on it though. He seems like a kind and caring husband for Clocky." He walks over and uses his fingers to wipe the tears out of her eyes. He turns back and looks to Spitfire and nods. "I understand, Spitfire. If he ever shows up again, we can talk this out. I don't want to give up Clockwork, but I don't want to deny her happiness."

Soarin nods while returning the nuzzle. "I think I remember you telling me once before, sweetheart. You once said he was one of the many great soldiers you had the honor of working with."

Meanwhile at the Crystal Empire, Shining Armor was busy spending time with his wife, Cadence, and his daughter, Flurry Heart. Along with them was Sunburst, who was helping in watching over the young alicorn. Shining's ears perked as he heard a familiar voice address him. He turns to the voice and gasps at the familiar face. "Elisedd!? At ease, soldier. Where have you been? I thought we lost you in battle years ago. Wonderbolt Spitfire confirmed this. We even did a double check and were saddened by the loss." He says while walking over to the missing scout captain.

@@Dynamo Pad

Clockwork hugs the photo close to her as she begins to cry more but when she hears Spitfire's muttering, she looks up "Y-you mean my E-Eli c-could still be a-alive?" she asks with a soft whimper but then looks to Dynamo "W-what do you mean? D-do you mean y-you'd share me?" she asks and nuzzles more into his chest.

Spitfire nods "We only assumed he was killed in action as we couldn't find him anywhere, but officially, he is still MIA" she says and sighs

Eli relaxes a little and sighs "Thank you Shining, I got captured and held in the dungeons for..I don't even know for how long, I only just escaped" he says then looks to the filly "But judging by the fact you and your wife are here and even have a filly of your own, it must be some time after the war, which I am also assuming we won" he says then slumps a little "C-Clockwork must hate me, and I don't blame her. I promised I would return, and much like me failing my mission, I failed her as well"

@,

Thunderlane shrugs his shoulders and nods. "It wouldn't surprise me if he was alive. We find out that old Wonderbolts and those that failed are Shadowbolts. He might show up here before you know it and everypony will be happy." He looks confused as everyone glared at him. "What!? I'm just saying from experience here. After everything that happened tonight, I'm not really that surprised anymore."

Dynamo glares at Thunderlane, but nods in understanding. He turns back to Clockwork while smiling softly. "If you still love your husband and myself, then yes I would be willing to share you. It all depends on how you feel, Clocky. Your feelings are important in this as well, you know?" He chuckles lightly while resting his chin on top of her head.

Shining smiles and nods. "You're right about that Eli. It's been some time and we won. It truly wasn't easy. Sombra truly wanted to take back the Crystal Empire. Even now while things are somewhat peaceful, we are still at war against other organizations." He smiles while looking back at his family. "There were a few bumps here and there, but I was able to marry the love of my life, Cadence. We even had a baby as well and her name is Flurry Heart. The pony with us is named Sunburst. He's the crystaller after a little incident involving the Crystal Heart." He chuckles at the memory before getting back on topic. He walks up to Elisedd and places a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Now I don't want to hear that from you, Eli. You were and still are the best scout captain. You never failed Clockwork or the mission. You never know what may happen on a mission. Just go to Clockwork and I know things will be okay. I just know it, my friend. You can still return to her and make things right in the end."

@@Dynamo Pad

Spitfire nods "Oh I know what you mean Sorain love" she looks to both Dynamo and Clockwork "I honestly do believe he is still alive, he was..is our best scout captain" she then looks around "I think we should go Soarin, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, leave the two lovers alone, plus.." she winces a little as she feels her foals kick. "Plus we've got two foals to see before speaking with Luna and Tia" she spreads her wings and flies off towards the castle.

Cloudchaser nods in agreement before spreading her wings "We ought to get home anyway, it'd be a treat to see my baby sister snuggled up to your baby brother" she laughs and flies off with Thunderlane.

Eli nods "I-I know you're right Captain, I just..." he looks around at the castle "Where is she exactly? D-did she go back to Canterlot?" he sighs "and my little ones, little Stelaris and Swift Wing?"

@,

Soarin nods. "We'll make sure to talk to the princesses and see what's going on. We'll let you know if Celestia and Luna say anything to us." He says before spreading his wings and flying off alongside Spitfire. "Let's just hope the princesses will be able to help us in our time of need. We need all the help we can get." He says while flying off toward the Canterlot castle. 

Thunderlane chuckles and nods. "Let's hope you have a camera lying around. If they are snuggled up, then I want to tease them with proof. I also want to hear how their date went as well. You two take care of each other now. We'll see you again real soon." He says before spreading his wings and flies off with Cloudchaser.

Dynamo nods and waves at the four leaving the house. He turns back toward his marefriend. "Are you going to be okay, sweetheart? What do you wish to do now?" He asks while pulling Clockwork into a comforting hug.

Shining nods. "Last I heard, she's living in Canterlot. Your children I think are with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I think they wanted to take care of the children when Clockwork thought she lost you. I can't blame here though and it must have been a difficult time."

@@Dynamo Pad,

Spitfire nods "Hopefully, I have a feeling they may or may not want to give up the little ones, but they will have to, parents should have the right to be with their children" she says as she winces mid-flight. "Nng, they're strong dear"

Cloudchaser giggles "Oh I sure do, and you know it" she says as they soon arrive at Thunderlane's house

"Rest" she says softly, closing her eyes, but suddenly, a stallion arrives and knocks on the door

"Miss Gears?" he asks "Hello, is anybody home?"

Eli rubs his temples gently "Ugh, well is there a way I can get to her? I m...I miss her"