Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Carnival of Fear

Dynamo Pad

@@Dynamo Pad

"I have the lyrics in my caravan, and as for tips for performing in front of a crowd of people, until you get used to being on stage, just close your eyes and pretend you are home or in the recording studio" he says, kissing her cheek and holding her close "Well it is a good tune, but when I want motivation, I listen to some english covers of Vocaloid songs" he says, as they arrive at their destination where a piano was sitting there.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew calmed down slightly as she felt Night kiss her on the cheek. "Thanks for the tip, Nightie. I'll be sure to remember that when I perform the song tonight." She says as they arrive at their destination. As she notices the piano, she goes over and sits on the bench, while placing her fingers on the keys. "This is a really nice piano. Do you play piano, or any other kind of instrument? I've also heard of some Vocaloid songs before. One that stood out to me was the song, Black Rock Shooter. If the song tonight I sing goes well, you think we can play that song as well?" She asks, while twirling her finger through her hair out of nervous habit. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

"Piano, violin, guitar, bass guitar and i do sometimes sing" He says and kisses her as he sits next to her and places the lyrics on the sheet music shelf before he closes his eyes and places his hand in position "Ready when you are Dew" he says softly before he begins to softly and almost expertly play the piano. He nods and smiles "As for playing the other song, of course"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew smiles and whistles in astonishment at Night. "T-That's very impressive, sweetie. That truly shows you have a talent for music and being able to sing is a plus." She watches as he sits down next to her and places the sheet music on the shelf. "Okay. I'm ready to sing, sweetie." She nods as she began to hear him start playing. She begins to start singing as she looks at the lyrics. The words began to become familiar to her, as she began to look around the room. She stutters in her singing, but shakes her head, as she remembered Night's advice for her stage fright. She slowly closes her eyes and imagines only Night standing in front of her. As the song ended, she slowly opens her eyes and looks to Night with a loving smile. "T-That was great, sweetie. I'm r-really sorry about the slip up at the middle, but I t-think I did pretty well." She walks over to him and hugs him tightly. "Thank you, Nightie and I can't wait to sing the other song, as well." She says as she nuzzles him lovingly. 

@@Dynamo Pad

Night didn't hear what she had said, nor that she had begun to hug and nuzzle him, he had his goggles on to hide the fact that he was crying. Little did either of them know, that the ethereal form of his mother's spirit was standing at the entrance and she had her hand over her heart. She walks over to them and sits on the top of the piano "Y-you r-remembered our song?" she asks at him.

At the sound of his mother's voice, Night looks up and sniffles "M-mother, i-is it r-really you?"

"Well, sort of, this is my ethereal form" she says with a soft smile then looks to Dew Drop "You have a lovely voice my dear, maybe we could...sing the song as a duet?"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew started to become concerned, as she didn't feel Night return the embrace. As she was about to see what was wrong, her ears perked, as she heard someone was talking to them. She looks to find the source of the voice, only to see a spirit sitting on the piano. Dew blushes slightly at how beautiful the pony spirit looked. Her eyes shrank as she repeatedly taps Night's shoulder. "N-Nightie? A-Am I seeing things, or is this r-really your mother?" She asks, as her jaw drops slightly in surprise. 

She blushes at the praise and nods in understanding. "T-Thank you, miss Nocturne. It's truly an honor to m-meet you, even if your an ethereal spirit. N-Night has told me a lot about you. I agree that you l-look very beautiful. I also w-would be honored to s-sing alongside you." She says with a soft smile. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Night looks up and nods "It is my mother" he says, hugging her "and of course I remember our song mother" he nuzzles her before wiping his tears away. "H-have you seen father yet? I bet he'd love to see you again"

Bella nods "I have indeed seen him, he's the one that told me you'd be here with your lovely marefriend" she says then hugs Dew closely and whispers with tears in her eyes "T-thank you sweetie, f-for breaking the barrier a-around his heart"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew nods in understanding at Night's remark. She smiles sweetly at the interaction between Night and his mother. She gasps as she is suddenly pulled into a hug by the ethereal spirit. "Y-You're welcome, Miss Nocturne. You truly are a sweet and kind mare. Just like Nightie had told me earlier today. I-if anything, I should be thanking you and Nightie." She snuggles into the embrace, as she felt a lone tear roll down her cheek. "T-Thank you for giving life to a sweet, kind and loving son, such as Night. He's m-made me feel so safe and so loved. I can't imagine another loving s-stallion in my life." She pulls back from the hug and looks up at the ethereal spirit. "If it's okay, d-do you mind if I sing with that song with you, but I sing one song by myself?" She asks, while giving Belladonna a pleading look.   

@@Dynamo Pad,

Bella smiles and kisses her cheek gently "Of course it is alright for you to sing a song by yourself deary, and I only helped bring him into the world, my..lover also brought him in, and had sent his protection to him" she says with a soft sigh and looks to her son who had gotten up and walked to a window of the tent. She walks over to him "I'm sorry you had to find out now and not when you were younger sweetie, but we were all worried how you would react as a young colt" she nuzzles him and hugs him from behind.

Nightmare nods solemnly and holds her hands in his "I understand mother, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it all" he says softly and feels a soft kiss on his lips, he blushes as he sees it was his mother "M-mother.." he says softly

Bella smiles "A little kiss is nothing sweetie, I am only a memory of your mother"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew blushes slightly, but smiles, as she felt Bella kiss her cheek. She giggles and nods at her remark. "Thank you, Miss Bella. I'm still a little nervous on singing tonight, but having you and Night with me doesn't feel so scary. I'm still so glad you brought Night into the world. Night and I have learned about Slendermane. It's still something I need to get used to myself, but I still love Night for who he is, no matter what." She says, as she sees Bella walk over to Night. Her jaw drops slightly, as she saw Bella kiss Night softly on the lips. She felt a pang of jealousy in her heart, but shook her head and decided to ignore it. Her ears perked slightly after hearing Bella's last statement. "W-Wait a minute. You s-said a m-memory of his mother. Aren't you Nightie's m-mother, Belladonna Nocturne? If not, then who are you, r-really?"

@@Dynamo Pad,

Bella smiles "Oh I am his mother, but the ethereal spirit, borne from his memories of me. But it is because you broke down his barriers that I was finally able to appear." she says with a soft smile and closes her eyes "Truth be told, I am slightly jealous of you dear Dew Drop, yes he is my son, but there is so..." she shakes her head and smiles "No, it is wrong for a mother to love her son like that" she says and goes over to the piano and starts to play a song of her own.

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew sighs in relief and nods. "That's a relief and it's good to know as well. For a moment, I thought you were a fake spirit who was pretending to be Night's mother. I-I'm glad I was able to break down the barriers. H-He's so s-sweet and charming. I cannot begin to describe how h-happy he makes me when I'm with him." She blushes as she places her hands upon her muzzle. She lowers her hands to her sides, as she looks to Bella in surprise. "Y-You're jealous of me, Miss Nocturne? I-I should be jealous of you. You're so beautiful, sweet and kind. I-I see no reason for you to be jealous." She says as she watches Bella make her way to the piano. Dew closes her eyes and places a hand over her heart, as she listened to the sweet and loving song Bella was playing.  

@@Dynamo Pad

Bella giggles and nuzzles her "I'm jealous because you can be with him whereas I cannot..if you get what I mean" she giggles and smiles as she finishes her song and sighs "I'm sorry, it's selfish of me to be jealous of you being with Night, but I mean, he's so...handsome and drop dead gorgeous" she then giggles as she hears her son complain "It's the truth sweetie and I'm sure that miss Dew here thinks you're sexy as hell as well"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew blushes as she returns the nuzzle. She nods in understanding at Bella's remark. "I-I think I understand what you mean, ma'am. I agree that he's very handsome, but it's not just his looks I love about him. I love how he's so caring and sweet. H-He accepted me when nopony else did. I'm glad that I met him and I'm glad that we're together." She couldn't help, but giggle at Night's complaining. She smiles, as an idea came to mind. "That was a really nice song you played, Miss Nocturne. I was wondering something. Can an ethereal spirit change appearances? Maybe you can be with Night, but in a different appearance. I'm not truly sure if that would work, but it's worth a try. However, I-I'm not sure if Night wants that, as I believe he misses his mother. I was also wondering s-something. W-What about your husband, or S-Slendermane?" 

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew blushes as she returns the nuzzle. She nods in understanding at Bella's remark. "I-I think I understand what you mean, ma'am. I agree that he's very handsome, but it's not just his looks I love about him. I love how he's so caring and sweet. H-He accepted me when nopony else did. I'm glad that I met him and I'm glad that we're together." She couldn't help, but giggle at Night's complaining. She smiles, as an idea came to mind. "That was a really nice song you played, Miss Nocturne. I was wondering something. Can an ethereal spirit change appearances? Maybe you can be with Night, but in a different appearance. I'm not truly sure if that would work, but it's worth a try. However, I-I'm not sure if Night wants that, as I believe he misses his mother. I was also wondering s-something. W-What about your husband, or S-Slendermane?"

Bella sighs "Slender is usually too busy in the void or looking out for potential proxies, as for Lunaris, he kept his promise to me and has moved on. Yes he still loves me, but he has found another love" she says softly then somewhat smiles "as for your other question, it is possible for me to shapeshift but I'd want him to love me for me, not what I am..besides, he has you" she smiles and hugs the young mare.

Night smiles "I honestly don't know what to think of it mother, I mean yes you gave birth to me so we share dna but I didn't really gwt to know you before you died"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew frowns as she listens to Bella's statement. She smiles softly while returning the hug. "I'm truly sorry to hear that, Miss Bella. I never knew that Lunaris and Slendermane couldn't be there for you. I-I hope things work out well for you." She gasps softly at Bella's last statemtn. She giggles while looking over at Night. "That's a-actually very impressive. I never knew ethereal spirits could have the ability to shape shift. I guess that means you could change into any kind of pony you want. I guess that mean y-you can't turn into a pony that exists, correct?" She returns the hug and walks over to Night. As soon as she reached him, she pulls her coltfriend into a hug. "I agree with what you said, Miss Bella. I'm glad that he has me and that I have him. I guess now would be a good time to get to know her more. Maybe after the show would be a better time. I-I think I s-see ponies starting to enter the tent for the show." She trembles slightly while looking out through the window of the tent. 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Both Night and Bella nod as they begin pushing the piano to the center of the ring and as a sound booms through a pair of loud speakers. 

Lunaris was holding the microphone "And now ladies, gentlemen, colts and fillies of all ages! We have a very rare treat for you!" he says through the microphone, amplified by magic "Tonight, we have not one but two lovely ladies singing a song each for us as my son, the one and only Nightmare Slender Spellsong!" he says "And now, without any further ado, I present to you, Belladonna Nocturne and Dew Drop performing the tale of a girl who was taken from her love, Calc." he says, stepping aside as Bella lays on the piano sensually, much to the delight and wolf whistles and drool of the stallions of the audience, even her own widowed husband. He walks up to her and kisses her "Beautiful as ever my dear" he says before patting his son on the head and smiling at Dew "Do your best"

Night and Bella both nod before waiting for the crowd to settle down before they begin performing:

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew looks over to see Night and Bella pushing the piano into position. As she walked over to the group, she could hear Lunaris announcing the start of the show. She gulps audibly as she felt butterflies in her stomach. She took calming breaths to steady her nerves. As the spotlight hit them, she could see Derek ready to go at the piano. Dew places a hand over her heart, as she saw Bella laying on top of the piano. She clenches her hand into a fist over her heart, in hopes that she would do well. She closes her eyes, but her ears perked, as she heard someone address her. She opens her eyes once more to see that it was Lunaris. She smiles softly and nods, before replying, "T-Thanks you, sir. We'll do our best." She then took the microphone into her hands and got into position. Once the crowd quieted down, she closes her eyes and begins to sing.

She still felt completely nervous, but she remembered Night's advice to her. She began to calm down, but smiled sadly towards the song. She missed a lyric or two, but she decided to have fun with singing. Once the song was completed, she sighs softly while feeling accomplished. She looks over towards the duo while giving them a smile. She then took notice of the crowd's applause and almost felt completely overwhelmed. She blushes, but bows and giggles. She stands up and walks over to Night. She sat down next to him and leans into his ear. "You and Miss Bella did an amazing job. Should we make an announcement on the next song? I'm ready to give it a go."

@@Dynamo Pad

While there certainly were loud cheering for Bella, the loudest cheering was actually for Dew Drop. Night smiles up at her "That was wonderful darling, you sung as beautifully as the day I saw you at the studio" he says before nodding and signalling to his father.

Lunaris smiles and nods "Aaand now ladies and gentlecolts, colts and fillies of all ages, we have another lovely surprise for you!" he shouts through the microphone "seeing as so many of you loved our dear Dew Drop's singing, she is going to sing another song by herself, just for you!" he says, going back to the side, he pets her on the head "Give it your all sweetheart"

Night smiles at the display then closes his eyes as he plays the song on the piano, waiting for Dew to start singing.

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew blushes, but smiles and nuzzles her beloved. "T-Thank you, Nightie. That's v-very sweet of you to say." She turned to face Lunaris, who was making an announcement for her next song. She smiles softly and nods at her remark. "Thank you once again, Mr. Lunaris. I'll give it my best try." With microhpone in hand, she walks to the center of the stage and looks up to the patient audience members. "T-Thank you everypony for coming out her tonight. This next song, goes to somepony very special. H-He has helped me to realize that I shouldn't be afraid to m-make friends. This song seems to fit well for both him and I. This is for you, my Nightie. I hope you all enjoy." She looks over to Night and nods, signalling him to begin.

She closes her eyes as she could hear a clock ticking. As soon as the song began to play, she opens her eyes and looks to the crowd. She soon lost her anxiety and fear while looking towards the audience. Instead, all she felt was adrenaline and enthusiasm. Every chance she could get, she would look back at Night and smile at him as she sung. As the song was nearing it's conclusion, she could feel the lights beginning to dim, until there was a single spotlight upon her. As the song began to pick back up, the light's suddenly reappeared like a flash of lightning. As the song finished, she looked up to the crowd as the smile would not disappear from her muzzle. "Thank you so much everypony." She hands the mic over to Lunaris before walking over to Night and embracing him  

@@Dynamo Pad,

He plays the song on the piano, he blushes at the dedication but closes his eyes and feels as if his mother's ethereal hands were touching his and guiding him to help him play the song better. At the end of the song, he heard a soft whisper "Go on sweetheart, make me proud, she will say yes, I've always been proud of how you've grown up, I will always love you" he hears his mother say before she presses a small box into his hands then disappears.

"T-thank you mummy" he says softly before he finishes the song and waits before Dew Drop finishes singing and goes backstage. He gets up and goes to take his bow before taking up the microphone "Thank you everyone for your kind support of my lovely marefriend Dew Drop, it means a lot to me, but there is still something that needs to be done, Dew Drop, could you please return to the centre of the ring?" he asks softly.

@@Orange Sparks,

As Dew Drop enters the backstage, she jumps for joy for singing and not feeling afraid. She could feel her heartbeat start to slow down to it's normal rhythm. Her ears perked as she heard Night address him. She looks at him nervously, while twirling a finger through her hair. 'I wonder why he's calling me back out. I-I hope everything is okay.' She slowly steps out from backstage and walks onto the ring. She slowly stops at the center of the ring and looks up at her coltfriend. "Y-Yes, sweetheart? You n-needed to see me?" 

@@Dynamo Pad,

Night smiles and nods as the cheering of the crowd calms down, he smiles at her and holds her hand in his "I'm not as eloquent with words but here goes..." he says with a gulp "Dew Drop, I know we've only known each other for a day, but I feel that we are meant for each other, that we are..soul mates.." he smiles at her "what I'm trying to say is.." he drops to one knee and opens the ring box "will you marry me?"

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew smiles softly as she felt Night take her hand into his own. She listens intently as he spoke to her. She could feel her heartbeat start to quicken once more, while a blush appeared upon her muzzle. 'N-No way...i-is he g-going to...' Her train of thought was cut short as he got down on one knee and presented a ring to her. As she listened to his remark, she felt tears of joy running down her face. She placed a hand over her mouth as she chokes back a sob. After a moment, she nods and pulls him into a tight embrace. "I-I feel the same, s-sweetie. I feel as though we are truly meant to be soul mates. So my answer...is yes. Yes, I will marry you, Nightmare Spellsong."  

@@Orange Sparks,

Dew smiles softly as she felt Night take her hand into his own. She listens intently as he spoke to her. She could feel her heartbeat start to quicken once more, while a blush appeared upon her muzzle. 'N-No way...i-is he g-going to...' Her train of thought was cut short as he got down on one knee and presented a ring to her. As she listened to his remark, she felt tears of joy running down her face. She placed a hand over her mouth as she chokes back a sob. After a moment, she nods and pulls him into a tight embrace. "I-I feel the same, s-sweetie. I feel as though we are truly meant to be soul mates. So my answer...is yes. Yes, I will marry you, Nightmare Spellsong."

Night smiles as he hugs her tightly but not too tightly. "I love you Dew Drop. There's nothing in this world or any other that can take me away from you" he says lovingly as the crowd cheers.

Lunaris smiles as he leans against the piano "Well ain't that something folks, you don't often see a proposal at a carnival. Well that's the show for tonight, but please feel free to enjoy the rest that we have to offer you"