Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your top fandom(s) that you have stayed the longest and still a fan?

TBD

Godzilla and Star Wars were this ever since i watched their movies and i can proudly say i'm still part of their respective communities. Other fandoms i've been in for quite some time are Metroid, GTA, Silent Hill, Dragon Ball, Digimon and of course, FiM.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

My favourite would be the creepypasta community I've been apart of it since I was 12 although I dislike the unrealistic drawings of the killers being friendly and in love with some stupid OC apart from that I'm a fully dedicated fan.. although the mlp fandom comes at a close second

Edited by Crow2

The longest one has probably been The Lion King for me, though I am still a fan of pretty much every other animated universe I had become a fan of, including HTTYD, Balto, TLBT, TFATH, and now MLP: FiM.

• Brohoof 2

I've always been a massive fan of the Godzilla franchise. While the movies might not have the best track record, my love for kaiju related media has been with me ever since I was 7, and hasn't let up since! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I have stayed in the following fandoms for years...

• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Pokemon
  • Furry
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

(edited)

Star Wars (the original 6) 

Disney movies, cartoons, theme parks and history. 

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure I always will be. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Happy to not even be joking when I say the MLP fandom. P O N I E S A R E L I F E B)

Among other things that have always stuck with me are Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. I sometimes can't believe that I'm still a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! after more than a decade, going on fifteen years now. :nom:

• 3 weeks later...

I always enjoyed Dragon Ball Z and after 18 years it came back!! 

As far as MLP goes I have only been a fan for under a year but throughout the ages that will continue :)

Honestly the overall fandom from MLP has been the most positive I have ever seen and since I am a Star Trek fan that's saying something :P

• Brohoof 1

I’m in the firearms fandom if that counts! But really Mlp was my first major fandom I was ever apart of because it sounded fun okther than that I very rarely do fandoms persay.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not really in any other "fandom" per say besides this one, but I've only been a Brony for a little over a year now, so that's not really too long. I have however, just been a casual fan of the Sim's games for a number of years now, especially the Sim City games, I love those :wub:

I have been a fan of the Civilization games for a while now as well, and I do have to say that I like Civilization V a lot better than Civilization VI :dash: 

I'll just go with anime as a fandom,   from the age of like 8 I would say.

Pokemon:   Been playing the games a long time off and on.

Fanasty:   I might not say its a fandom,  but its one of those things I can and will always get into!

The franchise I've been a fan of for the longest time is probably Pokemon, though I haven't always considered myself a part of the fandom just because I like it.

It really depends on what constitutes being a member of a fandom. I'm not really active in any other fandom at the moment so I'll just mention things I enjoy. :yay:

I started watching F1 in 2010 (though I had seen some races years earlier) and still do. My interest has faded a little over the years: I have no problem waiting for the next race anymore and my days of posting on F1 forums are also basically over. 2010 to 2012 were probably the days I enjoyed it the most – and I feel Bianchi's fatal crash in 2014 in particular took a lot of the luster away. :( But even then, I could never imagine skipping a race – F1 is still something I like, even if my interest has already peaked.

There are also some cartoons (especially the Looney Tunes) that I have liked since my childhood, but I haven't watched those so much in the last few years that I could consider myself an active fan at the moment...

• Brohoof 3

I guess from order to most years to least it would be:

DC
Dragonball Z
FLCL
idk if this counts but they have their own community: automotives
Friday the 13th
Doctor Who
MLP
Rick and Morty

• 5 months later...