Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your top fandom(s) that you have stayed the longest and still a fan?

TBD

These are only a few of my fandoms:

1. Medieval fantasy in general. I've been obsessed with it for years and years

2. Star Trek

3. Star Wars

4. Animation--particularly CGI. Like the above user, I love Pixar!

5. The Sims

6. Alvin and the Chipmunks (the 1980s cartoon, not the new live action/CGI films)

7. I'm not sure MLP counts; I'm a huge fan, obviously, but I've only been a member of the fandom for about four/five years

8. Horror, particularly Lovecraftian works

9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

10. Anything having to do with the supernatural

• Brohoof 1

I'm a MLP fan, been one for a year. Warriorcats fan for six years. Rn I'm a WSD fan but the fandom isn't exactly like, super active like some of the bigger fandoms are.

I was never a big fandom person, but when I got into Xena: Warrior Princess a few months ago (around March) I found out there was a huge community of fans for that and I love it.

I can't see ever not being a fan of Xena. I'm actually considering writing fanfiction for the first time. Whether I do or not, I can definitely say that's a first for me to even think about. The show is just so inspiring and so are its fans!

Been in the Adventure Time fandom since premiere episode, anime fandom, Gorillaz (if that counts as a fandom, it's pretty small), Porter Robinson's fanbase. And more recently the Overwatch fandom.

If it exists, i probably stayed the longest in the Eurodance Fandom.  :lol:

Other Top Fandoms for me are : Worms,Dc, Marvel, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Mario...and various other Plattforming Games, Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

That should be the ones, i stayed in the longest.

Worms is probably the first Place, Silent Hill the second Place, Eurodance the third one actually...followed by Final Fantasy i guess and the rest.

Oh yeah...now that i think about it, im also part of the Furry Fandom now for a very long time, even though i dont do much with the Fandom. I just like some Images.

And i started with the Mlp Fandom in 2012 i think.

• Brohoof 1

I've been a fan of Mario videogames and Harry Potter pretty much all my life, but I haven't been very active in the fandoms. With Harry Potter I still plan on re-reading the books and creating a Pottermore account again, but I've little to no interest in the new movie or the new book, to me the story was already completed years ago. With Mario I still haven't been able to beat the first games  :-P I suck at videogames, I always got my cousin to beat them for me.

I used to be a hardcore fan of Total Drama from 2009 to like 2012, but I've lost all my interest ever since.

Nowadays I'm mostly interested in MLP (since 2013) and Hunter X Hunter (since last year). I'm kind of still interested in Gravity Falls (since 2012) but not too much since it ended.

I'm not sure if this counts but I used to be a railfan (as in I like trains lol) for almost as long as I can remember and still am to an extent.  The only issue is that almost everybody else who likes trains is 40+ years old or under the age of 12 so there was really nobody for me to hang out with who had the same interests.

TF2 and Star Trek were big ones as well but the only fandom I ever really got involved with was MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Assassins Creed, Pokemon and Legend of Zelda. 

Newest one would be Game of Thrones, though sounding like a really abd fan, I still need to read the rest of the books.

Oldest one Would be The Simpsons, but classic Simpsons and Pokemon. Ive been a die hard fan since 1997.

Apart from the two obvious ones, I'd go with Harry Potter, especially since Fantastic Beasts came out! I'm even reading one of them; Half Blood Prince :D

Also some anime stuff that I liked as a child, like Pokemon, Digimon and some studio Ghibli, but that stuff never gets old, amIright?

Mine would be Marvel (38 years and counting) and the furry fandom would most likely be second having been apart of that fandom since 1997.

I've been active in the furry fandom since about 2007. 

Furry culture is that old? Wowowow how interesting!

From what I gather, the furry fandom popped up pretty much alongside the internet. It was more or less a thing already, but there really wasn't much of a way to communicate it en masse before then. I do have furry friends who remember the earliest days from usenet groups of the mid 90s, though. 

• Brohoof 1

Furry culture actually dates back pre-internet. I have found history going back to the mid eighties when I was doing research a few years ago. I have seen vids of cons as far back as 1986 and tons of comics existed from furry artists.

Edited by Alecks T. Quagga
  • Brohoof 2