Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unlikeable Pony

Wait a second, who was raising the sun and the moon in to where and back again if Celestia and luna were both captured? The last time that happened the Sun and the moon both went into a Wonky crazy stasis (Princess twilight sparkle).

Was chrysalis doing it or something? :/

Wait a second, who was raising the sun and the moon in to where and back again if Celestia and luna were both captured? The last time that happened the Sun and the moon both went into a Wonky crazy stasis (Princess twilight sparkle).

Was chrysalis doing it or something? :/

Celestia and Luna were still conscious so they could still raise the sun and moon. Thats how Luna contacted starlight though a nightmare, they were both conscious enough to perform these actions otherwise the pony population would know something was wrong.

If Chrysalis made them do it against there will is another matter.

Topic Solved

Edited by BloodDrops
  • Brohoof 3

Celestia and Luna were still conscious so they could still raise the sun and moon. Thats how Luna contacted starlight though a nightmare, they were both conscious enough to perform these actions otherwise the pony population would know something was wrong.

Topic Solved

The way celestia was twitching like a bug, I don't really think she was in any condition to be raising anything from within that cocoon.

Its possible she'd be broken out each night to raise the sun and then cocooned back up, but that seems awfully risky of a thing to do for keeping her prisoner, since they'd have to march or carry her out of the changeling's territory every time she'd be doing it since her magic (to raise the sun) explicitly wouldn't work within the boundaries of the throne.

1279811__safe_screencap_princess+luna_cu

It's been mentioned before in "Hearth's Warming Eve" that before Celestia and Luna rose the sun and moon, a team of Unicorns did so. It's not too far-fetched then I think that perhaps Chrysalis and a team of her most powerful Changeling's could be able to figure out how to do it.

• Brohoof 1

A group of unicorns would get together and raise and lower the sun and moon together using their combined strength.

If we think back to the hearth warming tale, the earth ponies raised the crops, the pegasi did the weather, and the unicorns did the sun and moon. Then they kinda lorded those things over each other. 

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 1

Not important. Pop culture references are. :orly:

If Chrysalis owns an anti magic stone, which of course doesn't block changeling magic, then she most certainly can raise the sun and the moon as well. Maybe she's able to make them do it, even though they are pretty much asleep in their cocoons. That was a missed opportunity to make Chrysalis even stronger and the others a bit more helpless. What were they thinking? :pout:

• Brohoof 1

Topic Solved

but chrysalis's throne nullified all their magic  :smug: shell to the face m88 kaboom!  :yay: 

giphy.gif

if she let them stay awake or not doesn't matter, there is no exception for who gets effected :P 

the sun and moon in equestria are every unstable (fault of the design team)

sometimes wont move, sometimes move, perhaps celly and luna jsut keep em uner wraps and they just kept moving normally on that day? :P

but chrysalis's throne nullified all their magic   shell to the face m88 kaboom!

Lets look at the facts shall we?

1. Chrysalis replaced all the important members of Equestria with Changelings. The Princesses, mane 6 etc. 

2. The goal was to harvest the love that went towards these members and return it to the hive, the best way to do this is day to day activity.

3. If the moon and sun suddenly stopped rising, every pony would panic and not much love would be generated would it? More hate then love and Changeling don't live off hate do they? they live off love. The best way to get that is everypony is happy and generating that love.

Chrysalis would have made a plan for that, so either have the fake Celestia and Luna raise the moon, have Celestia or Luna themselves raise the moon and stage it with the fake Changelings or somehow take the power or ability to raise the sun and moon or have loyal unicorns raise the sun and moon for some sort of reason.

Sun and Moon are strong independent celestial bodies who don’t need no horse. Celestia and Luna were just giving them tender magical massages to ensure those massive punks would remove their glowing ass mugs at the right time.

INB4 kid show. Then watch the same people vigorously discuss about inclusion of LGBTQ, psychiatric issues, and leftist justice system agendas into MLP. Slow clap in advance.

P.S: Because powerful unicorns would just casually wake up on the morning of the changeling invasion, band together under the horn of an experienced scholar unicorn like Plot Swirl, and say to each other: Hey, let’s raise the Sun today!

Lets look at the facts shall we?

1. Chrysalis replaced all the important members of Equestria with Changelings. The Princesses, mane 6 etc. 

2. The goal was to harvest the love that went towards these members and return it to the hive, the best way to do this is day to day activity.

3. If the moon and sun suddenly stopped rising, every pony would panic and not much love would be generated would it? More hate then love and Changeling don't live off hate do they? they live off love. The best way to get that is everypony is happy and generating that love.

Chrysalis would have made a plan for that, so either have the fake Celestia and Luna raise the moon, have Celestia or Luna themselves raise the moon and stage it with the fake Changelings or somehow take the power or ability to raise the sun and moon or have loyal unicorns raise the sun and moon for some sort of reason.

i agree 100% don't you worry :P just not sure how to work around the equine magic nullifying throne... i mean.. luna struggled to enter the dream because of it and if anything the princesses wanted to warn the others that they where messing :/

i agree 100% don't you worry :P just not sure how to work around the equine magic nullifying throne... i mean.. luna struggled to enter the dream because of it and if anything the princesses wanted to warn the others that they where messing :/

The long and the short of it: another plothole in how chrysalis's plan worked. :P

• Brohoof 1

No shut up, don't think about that. Instead love the fact that the Royal sisters, their Alicorn niece and family as well as the Mane 6 were all captured and made utterly helpless instead, because that's "A breath of fresh air" so that a Season 1 copy of Twilight with Fan Pandering, a Dues Ex Machina and Q can save the day. 

But yeah honestly, don't think about it because the writers sure as shit didn't. 

God I hate the finale. 
Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 2

God I hate the finale. 

what butterfly Changelings?

yeah who wants that? Also you got rid of all the baddies now, only Chrysalis without her army which won't be doing anything.

You need a new baddie really, or have Chrysalis go and free Tirek.  

Before Luna and Celestia it was a group of unicorns who did it, so a group of Changelings combined with Chrysalis, who is already very powerful, would definitely be able to raise the sun and the moon. It's very simple actually.

Sounds like a lot of people are questioning how Chrysalis pulled off keeping the day/night cycle going after kidnapping the Royal Sisters without raising any concerns as to how she was doing it with Celestia and Luna cocooned and their magic blocked by her throne's anti-magic field.

So many plot holes and questions in this finale, I don't blame some Bronies for not liking it because of that.

No shut up, don't think about that. Instead love the fact that the Royal sisters, their Alicorn niece and family as well as the Mane 6 were all captured and made utterly helpless instead, because that's "A breath of fresh air" so that a Season 1 copy of Twilight with Fan Pandering, a Dues Ex Machina and Q can save the day. 

But yeah honestly, don't think about it because the writers sure as shit didn't. 

God I hate the finale. 

I don't blame you for hating it because of so many plot holes and unanswered questions.

I don't blame you for hating it because of so many plot holes and unanswered questions.

No the reason I hate the finale was because it treats the Mane 6, characters I love, enjoy and sympathize with, horribly and with no respect all so Josh Haber's Pet can save the day, a character who I greatly dislike, along with Fan Pandering (Who I was neutral on before but now dislike) Bug Plot Device (Same as Fan Pandering) and Discord (Who I admittedly did like) . The Plot hole and Changeling Ex Machina are the vegetables and sides of crap in this awful meal. Nevermind this ends a season where the writers decided to give the middle finger to the Mane 6 half of the time. 

You'd think after 6 years, 6 seasons, and 140 episodes that they'd learn from the mistakes that the previous finales made.

Nope.

They even created new mistakes and problems with the season 6 finale.

No the reason I hate the finale was because it treats the Mane 6, characters I love, enjoy and sympathize with, horribly and with no respect all so Josh Haber's Pet can save the day, a character who I greatly dislike, along with Fan Pandering (Who I was neutral on before but now dislike) Bug Plot Device (Same as Fan Pandering) and Discord (Who I admittedly did like) . The Plot hole and Changeling Ex Machina are the vegetables and sides of crap in this awful meal. Nevermind this ends a season where the writers decided to give the middle finger to the Mane 6 half of the time. 

Starlight Glimmer must be Josh Haber's OC. Her backstory is pretty bad though. Probably not as bad as other OC backstories and those are still pretty bad.

I have to agree with you on how the Mane Six, and the Royal Family, who I love the most, were given the shaft here so Starlight, Discord, Trixie, and Thorax could be the ones to save the day, bring about the Deus Ex Machina that frees everyone in a matter of seconds, and leaves so many questions and plot holes behind in the process. It is ridiculous!

Not to mention having Celestia barely get any dialogue after being absent for most of the finale until the end, seeing her stuck in a cocoon again, and not even seeing her and everyone else get freed from the cocoons when the throne blew sky high from an overload of love energy, then when everything is set and done and Chrysalis escapes vowing revenge, Celestia is all like, "Even if Chrysalis refuses to repent and reform, Equestria is safe, we have a new ally in a former enemy, and life is back to normal for all of us."

I really hope the Season 7 premiere shows the Royal Family and Mane Six having psychological issues over having nearly lost Equestria to Chrysalis twice now before a miracle and Deus Ex Machina bailed their sorry flanks out of the fire on both occasions so things could return to as normal as things get when the country is not threatened by a big, bad villain.

I really hope the Season 7 premiere shows the Royal Family and Mane Six having psychological issues over having nearly lost Equestria to Chrysalis twice now before a miracle and Deus Ex Machina bailed their sorry flanks out of the fire on both occasions so things could return to as normal as things get when the country is not threatened by a big, bad villain.

Part of me wants this and another doesn't. The part of me that does is because it would show the event mattered that the Mane 6 took getting captured seriously and that it would be a wake up call for them and a whole bunch of other potential stories, like one of them falling to the Dark Side ala Darth Vader in order to become stronger to protect everyone.

The other part of me doesn't because I know the show won't be able to deliver and it would be at worse another excuse for Haber to write his pet above the Mane 6, treating their PTSD like a common cold that Starlight just needs to hug out of them. Another part also just wants to put the finale as far behind as we can. 

I suspect Jim Miller.    :awuh:  Haber just forces Rarity into the show   :lol:

Haber's the story editor and the one who writes most of the episodes involving Starlight. He's as much a part of it as anyone else. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

Princess Celestia was beaten in public during "A Canterlot Wedding". From the looks of things, no one truly gives a crap. In "Twilight's Kingdom", all of Equestria was threatened with Twilight being the only pony that actually made an effort do do something about Tirek. I mean, no pony outside of the alicorns or the Mane 6 even knows about what happened with Discord. And if the other alicorns were useless against Tirek, I guess that means Equestria has a bunch of reliable rulers on top of things. So yeah, I doubt whatever happened at the end of season 6 will be acknowledged in a meaningful manner.

Part of me wants this and another doesn't. The part of me that does is because it would show the event mattered that the Mane 6 took getting captured sThe other part of me doesn't because I know the show won't be able to deliver and it would be at worse another excuse for Haber to write his pet above the Mane 6, treating their PTSD like a common cold that Starlight just needs to hug out of them. Another part also just wants to put the finale as far behind as we can.

That reminds me of the Luna episode in season 5. She was beating herself up mentally and emotionally, and all that was needed was Twilight to say, "It's not your fault."

Edited by Number62