Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Thoughts On Snow?

Kaneki

I have a mixed view of snow. We don't get a lot of it here in Texas, but when we do I don't really like it. It's slippery and wet and gets everywhere.

Sure, it's fun to play in for a while, but if you're used to blazing temperatures like me, you're gonna be frostbitten before you have any fun... v.v

• Brohoof 1

I love snow, but only if I have nowhere I need to be. Snow's a lot of fun to play around in, but when the roads are frozen solid and everyone drives like a deceased parrot I loathe it with every cell in my body.

I love it when I don't have to drive in it. Thankfully, the last time my area had anything resembling a good snow event, I didn't have a driver's license.

Of course, as a bit of a weather nerd, it kind of sucks to live in an area just far enough north to spend the winter pulling my hair out model-watching, but just far enough south that snow doesn't come every year.

• Brohoof 1

I rarely get snow where I live, mostly once a decade. But of course when that snow falls, I particularly enjoy it. You Yanks are lucky with all of the snow you got, in fact a Winters load of snow is equal to all of the snow that I got since the Roman Empire collapsed.

Do I like snow. That's a bit of a complicated question with two different answers.

No. It's called, it's wet, when it freezes over(mutiple times) it has caused me to be late for work and even thrown me in to the hospital once or twice.  I've been snow balled by a rock before, a small one, but enough to feel that snow did not soften the blow.

Yes, it's beautiful to look at a fresh blanket of snow, untouched by man/pony gently sparkeling in the sunlight/moonlight. Sitting inside as the fire place is lit and roaring and you sit there by the window sipping your cocoa, watching it fall slowly (re)covering the streets and the world outside.

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty but it's going to get to the point where I'm going to be tired and I'm going to wish for the opportunity to go down south for a while to get away from it.

Someone, get me down to New Orleans.

It's okay every pnce in a while, but we don't get much or amy sometimes where I live. Also, due to my being in the southern U.S., it kind of causes society to cease just because it is cold xD

I enjoy it, but personally don't want it more than once or twice a year.

• Brohoof 1

There's been snow several times in my life. It snows almost every year in my birth state of Washington.

I don't really like snow the same way I don't like high humidity in the Texas summer, except it feels really cold instead of really hot. Being that I've had some degree of frostbite a few times, and the feeling I'm about to faint from a heat stroke a few times as well, I can say I don't like either because they are both miserable :( . If only I could live somewhere where the temperatures would never get below 50 and never get above 90. That would be nice.

I like snow! What would a swede be if he didn't like snow? Anyway, it's cold which I like, you can make stuff with it, it's beautiful to look at the snow covered landscape and it feels cozy to walk outside when it's snowing... So quiet.

Of course I don't like all the accidents that come with it nor the water that gets all over your floor when the snow on your shoes is taken indoors.. But that's okay

• Brohoof 1

I HATE SNOW!  Whew, I feel better  ^_^ 

Which is probably kinda strange as I was born in November.  In fact, I hate Winter in general;  It's cold, wet, dreary, icy, it just plain sucks.  The fact that I travel by bike, bus or feet doesn't make it any better.

• 1 year later...

I love snow. My area will get some about every other year. Making a snowman and throwing snowballs at my little sister brings out the kid in me. :laugh:

My state pretty much shuts down when there's accumulating snow. It's a good thing too. Not many people in the southeast know how to drive in the snow. 

• Brohoof 1