Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Cowboy Bebop RP

Jack Baker

(edited)

@Hazard Time

Raze suddenly felt himself feel a bit guilty now at what he did. He didn't mean to bring her to the verge of tears. But... he couldn't stop now. He needed to keep at it.

"Oh, what's this? Getting all riled up, are we?" he said to her, not backing down. "What're you gonna do about it, then, eh?" He looked towards the others. "Stay outside for a minute... oh, and here." He took each of their cards and brought out a small machine made for transferring money between them. Inserting his card into one slot, he put every other member's cards in the other slot-- save for Bronze-- and transferred a total of 1.5 million woolongs to Trinket and Skyhop. Since Clockwork's cut was deducted, he received only 950,000. He handed them their cards back.

"In case you want to go out and start spending... though this probably won't take long." He turned back to Bronze. "As for you... you want payback? Meet me in the hangar bay of the ship." He turned to head back inside and wait for her in the hangar, if she accepted.

Edited by Detective Adachi

@

That was it.

What was left of Bronze's faculties had left her, and she was now more than ready to carry this to the bitter end.  If she was going to have to assert herself violently to get some food, she was totally game for that.  Just like old times...

"Fine!  See you there, you pafetic ponce!"  With that, she marched back inside the ship, where she would find her way to the hangar bay and wait for him.  She tore off her leather jacket and tossed it off in a corner, cracking her neck and knuckles for what she expected to come soon.

@Hazard Time

Raze was leaning against the side of his fighter, and he sighed at the sight of Bronze preparing herself. He slowly approached her, holding out his card. There was a big circular space in the middle of the hangar that made for a decent impromptu ring. He stopped in the middle of the ring.

"Here's the deal. I'll make a wager with you," he said to her. "All you gotta do... is take this card out of my hands. That's it, plain and simple. Do whatever you need to. Do that, and I double your cut. But if I win... and overpower you before you can do so... the only thing you're getting from me is a very painful defeat. Oh, and a meal in your stomach. I'm not that cruel." He smirked. "Them's the rules and what's at stake." He took a deep breath. "Alright, whenever you're ready." He kept his arms at his side, barely moving an inch, waiting for her next move.

@

Bronze looked him up and down, circling him as she made her calculations. She could go straight for the ticket, but no, he would just pull it out of her reach. That had to be what he was going for. Raze wouldn't set all this up just to suddenly be chivalrous. No, she would have to incapacitate him, and then pry that ticket from his broken fingers.

After another moment, she made her move. If executed with no reaction, then she would send a kick behind his knee, knocking him off balance before she delivered a punch to his xiphoid, knocking the wind out of him.

(edited)

@@Hazard Time,

((Jazzy fight music! :D))

Raze casually dodged Bronze's assault by quickly stepping back, smiling to himself, and putting his hands in his pockets.

"Woo... almost got me," he teased, before stepping forward and delivering a roundhouse kick with his left leg, using his momentum and following up with a spinning back kick with the right. He retracted his right leg and kept it bent and dangling in front of him, waiting to see what would happen next.

@

Bronze ducked under his leg and charged, attempting to wrap her arms about Raze's midsection in a tackle.  If successful, she would end up staddling him, her arms winding back to deliver multiple punches to his face.  She didn't have the patience anymore, he was going down sooner rather than later.

@@Hazard Time,

Raze jumped back slightly, readying himself, putting his right foot in front of his left, and quickly stepped to his left side. He attempted to grab her arm and trip one of her legs, using her own momentum against her to flip her over and onto the ground with a hard slam.

@

In her altered state, Bronze couldn't react fast enough to dodge the sudden grapple.  Her world spun as she suddenly found herself on her back, pain coursing through her body.  Still, she refused to give up, and rolled over on to her stomach, making a mad grab for Raze's leg, attempting to pull him down to her level.

@@Hazard Time,

Raze sighed, and casually stepped out of the way again of Bronze's grab. He loomed over her.

"Look at you..." he said to her. "So desperate to win... yet you haven't even landed a single hit yet, much less even try to take my card." He put his foot on her back. "And that's where your problem lies... your combat style: it's sloppy. It's all about you trying to brute force your way through like a bull rampaging through a city street. You use excessive force... and I can easily use that force against you. You tried grabbing my leg just now... and I just stepped to the side. Before that, you tried charging at me with all your strength, assuming I was vulnerable... and I threw you to the ground. You see what I'm getting at?" He pointed at his head. "You don't think. You don't watch. You only do. And if only do... you will die." He pressed his foot slightly harder on her back. 

@

Bronze was mad before.  She wasn't mad anymore.  She was absolutely livid.

"You fink you know me fightin' style, eh?" she scoffed.  "Well 'ere's anover quali'y of mine: I don't give up."  Suddenly, her hand swung out and grabbed on to Raze's ankle, yanking hard as she attempting once more to pull him down.

@@Hazard Time,

Raze felt himself go down hard as he brought down to the ground, but swung his leg hard in the other direction in order to quickly release the grip Bronze had on his leg. He rolled backwards away from her, but winced in pain. Some of the damage went to his injured arm. Nevertheless he sat up, observing her.

@

At least that worked.  Now she just needed to follow up.

Bronze swung her body around, attempting to utilize her hind legs like a hammer to smash against Raze's head.  With that, she could take advantage of her stunned state to further land more blows on him.

@@Hazard Time,

Raze prepared himself for the upcoming blow, and rolled to the left side, swinging his legs in the process, using them to deflect the blow that Bronze was trying to deliver to his head. After rolling, he managed to regain his footing and stand up again, running up to her and attempting to pin his foot onto her stomach. He didn't want to hurt her; merely incapacitate her.

@

There was no sign of any sort of submission in Bronze's eyes, only the fires of rage.  She was hungry, irrational, and the only thing her one-track mind could consider in this moment was painting the walls red with her captain's blood.

Even with the wind knocked out of her, the mare grabbed for his leg and attempted to remove him, her legs thrashing about in each direction as she grunted in strain.  That foot was seriously hampering her ability to take a deep breath, and the weakness in her motions demonstrated that.  In spite of this, she refused to show any sort of weakness.

Nice guys get stabbed, and cowards get shot.  You want to survive in these parts, babe, you learn to fight for everything.  Show no fear, show no weakness, and make them fear the screaming lunatic out for their blood.

@@Hazard Time,

Raze observed her silently as she struggled. Her anger was way out of line, and at this point he honestly wasn't sure what to do. He pressed his foot deeper despite her struggling around.

"What did I just go on telling you..." he said to her calmly. "You'll never beat me like that. You really don't see the point I'm trying to get across? Your anger and stubborn attitude ain't gonna help you here. You need to stop being so tense. Relax. Be like water... it flows effortlessly one moment and comes crashing down the next..."

He was hoping that would get through her head; if it didn't... then he had no need to hold back.

@

Bronze struggled for a little while longer, before she finally stopped.  The pegasus glared up at him, gasping for breath as tears rolled down the sides of her face.  Her cheeks burned, and she eventually averted her gaze, staring off to the side.

"Alright," she croaked.  "You won.  You got your 'umiliation.  I 'ope it was worth it..."  For the first time, she seemed...crushed, her ego completely demolished.

@Hazard Time

Raze was... confused for a second. Slowly removing his foot off of her chest, he looked at her with a raised brow.

"...What? That's it?" he said. "You're just gonna... give up like that?" He scratched the back of his head. Then sighed. "Greeeaaat... this was a big waste of time..." He sat down next to her on the floor and sighed. "I'm not even sure you learned anything, either, eh?" He then laid down on the floor with her, putting his hands behind his head. "Look... I'm not out to... humiliate you or whatever... I wanted to change something about you; make you better than what you are now. I'm pretty sure you already know what that is."

@

The mare shook her head, confused.

"I...I don't 'ave a clue what it was you were trying to change about me," she spoke softly, staring up at the ceiling.  "I just wanted to open up to you about my concerns, that I felt I was bringing the team down...and then you went out of your way to harass me because of it.  I fought I would never 'ave to deal wif someone as bru'al as you were after I left Earf."  She wiped her face with the back of her hand.  "I don't get it."

@Hazard Time

Raze looked at her. "It has nothing to do with that. It's your temper, your attitude. The fact that almost anything is enough to irritate you, or that you seem to just act without thinking. It's gonna get you killed. The way you stormed off of the bridge after I told you how to fix your problems, the way you reacted after I told everyone what your secret..." he paused for a short time. "...I shouldn't have said that either. It wasn't necessary, and... I'm sorry. But you see what I'm trying to get at? And going back on what you told me... if you had stopped for a minute and observed that the gun you brought with you wasn't your personal pick, or how much ammo you brought with you, or whatever... you wouldn't need to tell me you think you brought them team because it probably wouldn't have happened. It even affects the way you fight too. You're not gonna live much longer in this profession if that's way you act... we might be third-rate bounty hunters... but we still have to play it smart."

Trinket had been running her own little errands once Raze and Bronze jolted angirly back inside the ship. A few minutes after that, she also made her return to the Vega, carrying a small cardboard package containing about half a dozen of fried dumplings inside. Her eyes danced from left to right and her ears were perked up in an attempt to locate the two brawler's location. After an unsuccessful search, she made her way towards the ship's bottom floor.

Upon arriving at the hangar bay, the blue mare stopped by the entrance and quietly stood in place, before grabbing one fried dumpling from the package. Akin to a baseball pitcher, she measured the distance in her head (which wasn't very long), the wind velocity (which was none), carefully aimed, reeled back up-- "THINK FAST!!" --and lobbed the dumpling towards Bronze; Raze would be the potential next victim.

"Have the kids settled their differences yet?" She asked out loud, lightly tossing another dumpling upward and catching it on its way down, repeatedly. Her face was serious, although her tone of voice remained somewhat lively. "If so, I've got a present for you... It's delicious, and still warm."

@

Strangely enough, the more they talked, the more her anger melted away.  While Bronze was far from forgiving him just yet, she could see a few places where she went wrong.  Then again, if she could see where she went wrong.  What happened to her?  Why was acting this way?

@@Driz

Just then, she was reminded of why she was in such a foul mood.  The smell of hot, fried food filled her nostrils, and her mouth began to water again.  Not even giving a care for how hot it was, Bronze sat up and stuffed the dumpling in her mouth, barely getting any time to taste it as she was simply all too happy to have something fill her belly.

"Please te'w me you've got more, Trink," she inquired, standing up and walking over towards her new best friend.  She could care less that Raze still existed, she was hungry.

@Driz

Raze sat up and looked at the dumplings that Trinket had with her, slowly taking one from the package and eating it. He took a deep breath and exhaled in relief as he tasted the food. To him, it was like a five-star meal.

"Thanks," he said to her with a smile. "And to answer your question... mostly."

@@Hazard Time, @ 

"Sin away, love!" Said the mare as she presented the food package opened in front of the party, letting everyone have their share - she, as well, took claim of one of the dumplings before it were too late. "This is just an appetizer, though; just something to keep us alive for the next couple of hours... I figured you guys needed it." Trinket smiled, before lowering her head back down. "Listen... Today has been hard on all of us. The grumpiness meter is off the charts right now! But how about we try and calm ourselves with the help of a proper meal, deserving of the galaxy's best Cowboy crew, huh? Come on, I can show you guys around town-- I mean... Heheh... As long as we stay as far away from the west district as possible." Trinket laughed awkwardly, hoping no one would question the reason why - she didn't prepare an answer in advance.

@ @@Driz

For the next minute or two, Bronze would be completely unable (and unwilling) to continue conversation as she wolfed down several more of the dumplings.  Food, glorious food!  Oh, how she missed it so!  A few moans may have escaped her lips as she continued eating, finally stopping after her third one.  She could have easily finished the whole box, but around that time was when she was strong enough to regain her faculties and stop herself.

"Excellent bloody choice," she said, licking her fingers.  "As for your proposa'w, I'm down."

(edited)

@@Hazard Time,@@Driz,

Raze looked at Trinket suspiciously. Her laugh told him she might be hiding something... but he shrugged it off.

"Sure, I'm curious to see what place you had in mind," he said to her. "I mean, I really don't care, as long as I get to put something in my stomach." He slowly stood up.