Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Lost Fables (OOC)

P-Jay

here's a brief explanation:

SetDef is composed of off-world insurgents who seek to control the solar system. They see themselves as the true inheritors of the solar system, and believe their way of life to be "stronger, more pure," than the people of Earth.

In SetDef's mind, living off-world has made them more worthy of ruling the solar system, while those who reside on Earth are weak "fat cats," living off the bounty of the off-world colonies.

They value functionality over style, an attitude reflected in everything from their ships to their weapons and armor, which is modular, with everything designed to protect them from the harshness of space. They have re-purposed service robots into military roles, adding to their legions of troops. For SetDef, a true victory would mean the utter cessation of all planetary resources reaching Earth. They are willing to kill civilians, soldiers, and anyone who gets in their way.

here's a brief explanation:

SetDef is composed of off-world insurgents who seek to control the solar system. They see themselves as the true inheritors of the solar system, and believe their way of life to be "stronger, more pure," than the people of Earth.

In SetDef's mind, living off-world has made them more worthy of ruling the solar system, while those who reside on Earth are weak "fat cats," living off the bounty of the off-world colonies.

They value functionality over style, an attitude reflected in everything from their ships to their weapons and armor, which is modular, with everything designed to protect them from the harshness of space. They have re-purposed service robots into military roles, adding to their legions of troops. For SetDef, a true victory would mean the utter cessation of all planetary resources reaching Earth. They are willing to kill civilians, soldiers, and anyone who gets in their way.

I...don't think these soldiers of yours will gel well with the setting, namely because they have a clear sci-fi influence and this thread is, well, high fantasy  :awuh:

Even if you were able to adapt them to this setting, I'd feel more comfortable with a single OC with some sort of personality than a large group of flat, two-dimensional goons.

• Brohoof 1

I...don't think these soldiers of yours will gel well with the setting, namely because they have a clear sci-fi influence and this thread is, well, high fantasy  :awuh:

Even if you were able to adapt them to this setting, I'd feel more comfortable with a single OC with some sort of personality than a large group of flat, two-dimensional goons.

Well they are actually three-dimensional and from a game.

Well they are actually three-dimensional and from a game.

You're not exactly helping yourself by being vague  :confused:

Which game are they from, what are the names of the specific characters you plan to play, and what are their individual personalities like?

They all are pretty much alike in personality, and their names are actually classified except from their leader whose name is Admiral Salen Kotch.

Game is Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

More info about them: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Settlement_Defense_Front

While @@P-Jay has the final say on the matter, I really don't feel comfortable with what you've proposed.  Not only is the SDF anachronistic to this setting, but the unoriginality of copying and pasting an entire faction from a game into a RP thread where they have no business being is not something that I can approve of.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 1

@@Auditormadness9

Don't worry, bud! I guess those characters are just designed somewhat specifically for only certain types of RP, like crossovers, war or post-apocalyptic scenarios. Those specific genres do pop up from time to time here around the RP section, but not too often, in my view. They aren't necessarily something that would fit within the MLP canon universe itself.

But now I'm getting kinda off-topic here... Good luck out there, though~