Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The series relies too heavily on the tie to Equestria.

Slashy

They can do this by making the exploring the human world and making it interesting in its own way outside of the fantastical elements.

But the fantastical elements are why I watch. I don't want a generic teen drama. The magic and mystery is what makes it interesting.

But the fantastical elements are why I watch. I don't want a generic teen drama. The magic and mystery is what makes it interesting.

Oh wow did I really say that? I must have been tired. What I meant to say was "I believe the human world can be built on its own outside of its tie to Equestria for fantastical elements."

The human world doesn't need to be tied to Equestria to seem extraordinary, it can just basically do everything conceivable in our world that doesn't involve magic. Half the enemies Superman and Batman face don't involve magic or a complete butchering of the laws of reality.

• 1 month later...

I don't necessarily mean that the series needs to have boring high school drama as a focus nor do I mean that the tie to Equestria should be gone completely due to how important of a role magic plays in this series, but I do think the series should start introducing conflicts and villains from its own world. We know so little about the EQG world that we don't know much about it besides the fact that it resembles ours and doesn't have magic (or at least not Equestrian magic), so there is so much potential to explore what that world has to offer.

Robots, mutants, crazy lab experiments, aliens, and Pokémon-esque monsters could exist in their world. Relying on the tie to Equestria to provide any interesting conflict only serves to make the EQG world look so dull and prevents it from having more of its own identity.

Thankfully they seem to be making fun of that very fact in LoE. I had to laugh when I started hearing everyone immediately assuming Starswirl basically turned their world into a dumping ground for problems Equestria didn't want anymore.

There are far far more issues in the real world that can translate over into Equestria Girls, I do hope they address them soon and shy away from the fact Equestria Prime is just a jump away.