Princess Moony

What do you think of people who are jobless?

Do you look down on them since they are not working and can't even find a job that hire them yet? :awuh: I'm just wondering that's all :awuh:

Badges

Well some of em genuinely just can't find a job, and like do volunteering work while also on job seekers, some can't work, for various reasons, and some are just lazy cunts and smooch of the benefit system. There's also my section which is too young to get benefits which is good i'd say, if I got money for searching jobs and playing games i'd get lazy and not want to work, and that'd be bad.

I'm jobless due to medical reasons. I get looked down on and made fun of all the time because I'm not a productive member of society. It gets really old and can get depressing at times.

If it's a matter of just not finding a job yet I'm not sure why anyone would seriously put someone down for it. At least they're trying to find a job, right?

Badges

I'm not employed because of my history - I was homeschooled because of my history of not getting along with teachers at both private and public schools, and eventually gaining paranoia of them (which eventually would be linked to a number of mental and psychological disorders), and I honestly believe some people have a downthought of homeschooling, that they're not smart. Either they never did anything or they couldn't do regular school and are not smart because of that, which both of those stereotypes are wrong. Plus my last job wasn't 100% pleasant for the reason that I couldn't get along with people as well.

I've been turned down for so many jobs also (either they interview and never call back, or just don't call back at all without an interview), that it's discouraging by this point to try applying for more.

Edited by Cloggedone

I'm jobless due to medical reasons. I get looked down on and made fun of all the time because I'm not a productive member of society. It gets really old and can get depressing at times.

If it's a matter of just not finding a job yet I'm not sure why anyone would seriously put someone down for it. At least they're trying to find a job, right?

I'm limited myself (due to medical reasons // and I work only a set amount of hours) - never listen to the small-minded. Joblessness is a big problem, everywhere - and it's gonna get worse. You don't look down on people - because employment can be very competitive and such. 

What do I think of myself? Well, I suck, but that’s not because I can't get a job. That's just a coincidence.

I cannot work due to mental health reasons and trust me, I deal with internal conflicts all the time because of it. I feel worthless a lot, I feel like I am not worth anything to society. Self hatred is a huge issue with me. Then I realize that I am not a bad person. I try to be kind to others and also live within my means and enjoy life. I also respect peeple that do work, I try to never criticize anyone at their job regardless if they screw up. I know my place and I am quite lucky with what I have despite not being able to work. I suck at wording this stuff but I try. XD

And unless someone is just a jerk, people should never be looked down upon for being unemployed or for what job we have. We all are human beings, equals.

I really think its depends on the situation...

Like how disable you are and stuff. LIKE even if your feet hurt and you can't stand for a long time doesn't mean you can't get a job they have desk jobs you can do..

IF you are living off the government because you live in your mom basement and just want to play a video game then WHY NOT JUST GO GET A JOB as a game tester or something? LIKE you are just being a lazy ass for no reason and you are whats wrong with America. 

Like even special needs people can get jobs I think anyone can get a job if they really want to. 

Badges

Well some of em genuinely just can't find a job

That's pretty much me, the problem is, I'm the opposite of benefit bludgers. I'm jobless due to things like my disability and am on such benefit for a reason and I would absolutely love to have a job instead of just sitting on my butt all day but I can't get work no matter where I look, not even entry level places will take me.

I'm jobless due to medical reasons. I get looked down on and made fun of all the time because I'm not a productive member of society. It gets really old and can get depressing at times. If it's a matter of just not finding a job yet I'm not sure why anyone would seriously put someone down for it. At least they're trying to find a job, right?

I cannot work due to mental health reasons and trust me, I deal with internal conflicts all the time because of it.

It's virtually impossible for me to get any sort of work and yet people constantly look down on me.. It isn't my fault I have Aspergers, depression, high stress levels, get sick easily and am transgender.. it's employers for thinking I'd be a liability and shit 

I can't exactly judge jobless people when I'm one myself, can I? A lot of others have better reasons for it than me too. Some of them are physically or mentally ill, others are trying their best but just can't get hired. I'm just jobless because I won't even bother trying. I'm the kind of person that probably makes it hard for others to be unsympathetic, because they think of people like me when it comes to those without jobs...That said, I don't even fully blame those people, life is hard, and it sucks, and it's miserable.

Meh, not like I have any skills or value as a person anyway. I'll probably end up on the streets homeless and then I can just rot.

I don't have a job and I'm thankful for that.

I've learned not to look down on anyone anymore. We are all going through things in our life and trying to live life the best we can. It is very hard to find a job but if you have nothing preventing you from working you should look around and see if you can find something.

Working will make you feel better and productive and hey you're making money. But as I said if you have medical reasons that prevent you from working I totally understand.

I'm also unemployed. and no and don't look down on people who don't have a job. some people can't get a job because they have some issues that prevent them from working

Among all the reasons I see here, I didn't see mine... so here I am.

I've worked before; hell, I had a security job that routinely got 10 - 12 hours a day on my feet, walking patrols.  I had a job as a bar-back at a biker bar where I replaced kegs, ice, beers and other random jobs - usually two or three at a time, even.  I was a janitor at a Toys 'R' Us toy store, and did one of the NASTIEST jobs I ever had there.

But when we had our first child, issues sprang up.

My wife is AMAZING with how she handles life and its foibles, but she's only so badass - when I came home one day from work to find her in tears because our daughter cried all night, I knew something had to be done to save her sanity.  So, when my job cut me due to too much overtime, I decided then and there that I would be a Stay-At-Home Father.

My decision ended up having two sides to it.

On the one side, I've been called lazy, no account, a mooch, a bum AND a degenerate because I am a moderately healthy white male who doesn't have a job.  I've been seen as lazy, shiftless and worthless, and I tend to get judged rather quickly when folks find out I haven't worked in a decade.  They call me selfish because "you make your wife do all the work", and I've been put-down as "the reason this country's family values are in the toilet".

But on the other side, my kids are happy, healthy, and they love us both very much.

Hmmmmmmmm... let's see; what matters MORE to me?  The opinions of a bunch of blowhards, or my childrens' smiles?

Heh... no contest.

Let people say WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT TO - in the end, it won't make a lick of difference.  My kids have benefited from my presence in their lives, and my wife has some peace of mind for it.

Besides - don't let anyone tell you differently: NO job is harder than a parent's... but the pay you get in your family's happiness is worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox.

Depends.

If they're leeching vermin that only burden your household then you may get angry with them, but honestly it's the fault of whoever's not hard enough on them.

Nobody has to work themselves to death to support people who are well enough to work but just don't, though.

Badges

The quality of "humanity" is unconditional to any attribute of the individual.

Whether you're king or beggar, on my eyes you're an equal.

Badges

wtf id never look down on them. My partner is currently job hunting, Im the one bringing in money right now, but we're pretty intolerant to anyone out of work but misuses the benefit system and gets fecking loads to afford houses and technology. Theyre quite usually the most ugly families you see over here imo. Very ugly personalities, but i think they break the system with child benefits and disability claims. I may sound pretty shallow, but if you google UK council estate families, theyre usually the gross thug type people. The Mums of those families are the worst. I hated dealing with them at my last jobs. still do when they run their mouth in the street or the pubs. 

I just now realise my Middle class is showing towards the working class..... i still stand by it until people's general attitude and community spirit changes for the good.

There are so many reasons that people might be jobless. These reasons are all too often out of the individual's control. So I find it best not to judge.

Well, most of the time it's not their fault.

Judging others for being unlucky in life would be not fair and not nice in general. It's a pretty serious issue in our world, so all I feel is being sorry for them and if something - being supportive.

Unless by jobless you mean somepony like

"Can you buy me something pls? I don't have money and I think, that job is for lame ponies" - then dependable on individuals, you can have a kinda bad opinion about them.

To be honest I wish I could be jobless.. or not needing to have one, I should said.

My current job is the main source of stress and negative energy. If you know me, then you'll know, that this is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to experience in life. I don't want much - just freedom and peaceful life.

If I'd get paid for browsing forums and developing games, then finally I could be happy and say, that I've had a successful life.  :P

That being said, I don't like my job and I wish I didn't have one, unless it really would be something what I like.

Well.. to be honest I'm kinda like that pony from example above, but at least I'm forcing myself to have a job, even if that requires some positive energy to be consumed.  :-P

Generally I don't judge ponies by what they have, but by how they behave. I'll like both, super rich and super poor ponies, as long as they will be nice and stay 'true'.  :proud:

I'm jobless because I literally can't find anyone to hire me that's a decent distance from my house. All the new seniors took most of the positions because of our school's work program and how popular it is (40 new high school seniors joining the workforce in a small town is quite a bit of a change). I even tried outside of town and I got rejected once by HEB (chain store that has almost all of its locations in Texas) and the other time by my source of transportation (my dad, it was a night shift job at a Taco Bell half-an-hour away, so he wasn't really going to take me there). I guess my autism (maybe, would have to go to get an official diagnosis) would be a hindrance. I mean I'm really clumsy, absurdly awkward, and even have some anti-social behaviors.

So I would personally know that it's usually not their fault that they have no job in most cases, though in my case it probably is my fault I'm not in college instead. I was too late last year submitting my app... :(

Plus, I don't judge people. If I did, I would have to judge myself four or five times over first.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

The responses here make me happy :) I expected a lot of mindless "get off your arse and get a job!!!!11" comments.

I have a medical condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (type 2, classical) and experience chronic pain and chronic fatigue due to it. I've also recently learned that anxiety is incredibly common with the disorder too as we over-produce adrenaline. I also have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and it's almost certainly related.

Because of all this crap, I find it pretty much impossible to hold down a job. I have tried to attend college full-time too which ended badly. My life just revolved around pain, sleeping and college. I was also very stressed. That's no way to live life.

So, right now I'm claiming disability. I may start looking for part-time doable work, though.

I like to mind my own business, if somebody can't work for whatever reason then that's their business, not mine.

Edited by Member Berry

Depends entirely on the exact circumstances.  I know one person that is severely disabled to the extent that he cannot work at all, he can't speak, can't walk and only has the use of one arm.  Clearly this person needs the safety net of welfare to ensure that he can retain some quality of life, and I don't think less of him for that.

On the other hand, I also know people that have barely worked a day in their lives and view life on benefits as an alternative lifestyle.  What's infuriating is that the country I live in actually makes that kind of parasitic lifestyle viable.  Seriously, screw those guys.

If you have a person that is genuinely looking for work, but struggling to find anything, then that's fine, unless they are turning down work that they consider to be beneath them, that's not so fine.

I have no 'one size fits all' view on the matter, it depends on a great number of factors, and any given case needs to be assessed (and judged) on its own merits.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

Badges

there are three different kinds of people in my point of view,

you have people who can't find a job even though they try to get one but jobs are hard to get and they are forced to live off welfare and help from parents.

then you have the people that DO get a job and then put zero effort in working, show up late or calling off and complaining CONTANTLY about everything all day long and they drag there feet and whine and crybaby the whole day everyday and make life horrible for the other workers until they get fired and then they complain that they don't have money

and finally you have the people that refuse to work even though they are able and could get a job but they sit on there butt all day and draw a check and live off the government on welfare and even when they do get forced by the government to get a job they do everything they can to get fired so they can keep sitting around living off the people who do work for a living. because there is a big difference between really needing government help and just milking the government because you are lazy and want other people to work to feed you

They're unlucky enough to have the corrupt government forcing them to stay dependent vote-slaves and mind-slaves.