Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 7 Waiting Thread (Spoilers)

FlareGun45

On 8/21/2017 at 1:59 PM, cmarston1 said:

Perfect Pear (One of my favs for the season and series)

Parental Glidence (One of my favs for the season and series)

A Royal Problem (One of my favs for the season and series)

Fame and Misfortune

A Flurry of Emotions

Celestial Advice

Discordant Harmony

Triple Threat

Rock Solid Friendship

All Bottled Up

Not Asking for Trouble

Fluttershy Leans in

Hard to Say Anything

Honest Apple (Only one I didn't like)

You skipped Forever Filly

On 25/08/2017 at 11:10 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

Maybe? I don't understand why people had a problem in the first place, but I guess it could give these people the Changeling villains they want so badly. 

What buged (huhuhu) a lot of people with the new Changelings was the fact what the transformation was really rushed and the Changellings just... kinda accepted to change what they were since they were born with one little speech and in one minute because the episode was ending. It was too easy and too forced what an entire population just magically agreed with Thorax without any real effort. The fact that at least one of them is still unwilling to transform after that and that the characters will need to explain properly why he should change will not fix the rushed ending and transformation of all the others but at least will give something more that the mess we had.

On 21-8-2017 at 10:32 PM, VG_Addict said:

How would you rank the episodes of this season so far, from best to worst?

1. The Perfect Pair
  2. Fame and Misfortune
  3. Discordant Harmony
  4. Celestia Advice
  5. Campfire Tales
  6. Fluttershy Leans in
  7. All Bottled Up
  8. A Royal Problem
  9. Parental Glideance
  10. A Flurry Of Emotions
  11. Hard to Say Anything
  12. Rock Solid Friendship
  13. Triple Threat
  14. Not Asking for Trouble
  15. Forever Fillie
  16. Honest Apple
On 25-8-2017 at 10:17 PM, VG_Addict said:

Do you think To Change a Changeling will get people to accept the new changelings?

For the ones who didn't, some of them will.

Edited by Hierok

4 hours ago, Zel said:

What buged (huhuhu) a lot of people with the new Changelings was the fact what the transformation was really rushed and the Changellings just... kinda accepted to change what they were since they were born with one little speech and in one minute because the episode was ending. It was too easy and too forced what an entire population just magically agreed with Thorax without any real effort. The fact that at least one of them is still unwilling to transform after that and that the characters will need to explain properly why he should change will not fix the rushed ending and transformation of all the others but at least will give something more that the mess we had.

We know that Changelings were always hungry beforehand, so I really struggle to see why it's so unbelievable that they'd immediately try something else which might have allowed them to not starve. 

On 8/29/2017 at 1:24 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

We know that Changelings were always hungry beforehand, so I really struggle to see why it's so unbelievable that they'd immediately try something else which might have allowed them to not starve. 

I think a good portion of the distaste comes from just how poorly handled Starlight's reformation was in the season 5 finale being the final straw for a lot of people, making them inherently against villain reformations in the show.

That as well as the transformation was only really foreshadowed for Thorax, while the rest of the changelings just really really quickly accepted things.

Also the idea of an entire species reforming is something that not a lot of people would be too keen on.

That and like the majority of reformations in the show, it was rushed due to the time restraints the show has to deal with.

And I am saying this as someone who was okay with it to be honest and is actually looking forward to today's episode.

However if Queen Chrysalis ends up getting reformed as well, I will be pretty angry, given how she has shown literally zero redeemable qualities, and at this point villain reformations feel like a really lazy and unimaginative way for the writers to resolve their conflicts.

28 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I wonder if they are in the lands south of Equestria as that's the only real desert near Equestria.

Eh, I suppose it could be the San Palamino Desert.

I also could be a desert more to the west. It hasn't been in the map I believe. :ooh:

Just now, Hierok said:

I also could be a desert more to the west. It hasn't been in the map I believe. :ooh:

When I see the badlands, I think of a more charred wasteland than a desert desert. Which seems to be what is in the episode.

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

When I see the badlands, I think of a more charred wasteland than a desert desert. Which seems to be what is in the episode.

You should never go there Simba. It is beyond our borders. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hope he's a good one, his credits don't really give much of an impression since I haven't even heard of any of these, but at least he's been around

On 10/2/2017 at 8:48 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Pardon for the bump, but Zeppelin will debut a brand-new writer!

I hope he gets some more work in S8. He had a really good feel with all the characters' personalities in OUaZ.

6 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Zeppelin debuted a new writer, but it's not Demers. It's Brittany Jo Flores.

Heh, I imagine Big Jim must have gotten production order mixed up with air order or something. I'm traveling for the next few weeks so I had to watch a stream and missed the writer. Well, then Ms Flores deserves the credit - here's hoping we see more of her!

5 minutes ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

And so the remains of S7 had been leaked.

Oy. Not sure how I'm going to be able to comment on all these episodes from a mobile device. I find these virtual keys difficult to operate and prefer to wait until I can get to a desktop computer...

5 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Zeppelin debuted a new writer, but it's not Demers. It's Brittany Jo Flores.

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

Heh, I imagine Big Jim must have gotten production order mixed up with air order or something. I'm traveling for the next few weeks so I had to watch a stream and missed the writer. Well, then Ms Flores deserves the credit - here's hoping we see more of her!

Charlie Demers was Night Light, Twilight's father's, voice actor. He wasn't a writer. No mistake was made.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was unpinned