Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching (OOC) Battle of Pony Gods

DwhitetheGamer

Hi, all.

I'm working on a head-canon story... sort of based off of Dragon Ball Super.  There's a bit of a similarity, but the story is vastly different.  To start, there are a group of alicorn ponies, lead by a goddess, visiting Equestria for what our classes would consider a field-trip.  The goddess rules over the Equestrian Solar System, but only Celestia and Luna know about her.  The younger alicorns with her are training under her to be potential co-rulers, or to move on to train under regional areas of the galaxy.

Here, you get to meet with the ponies, interact or fight them, and if you're extremely lucky, you can train under the goddess for a short time.

This RP will contain fights at certain points, and I have plans for a tournament when we get deep into the RP.  There are also occasions when you'll be asked or forced to fight.  I can and will bring transformations into this, but it will depend on the person.  Meaning if you don't want your character to transform, that's fine by me.  But their strength will multiply by at least a hundred-fold if the goddess decided to bring you to be trained.

All fights have to be run through by me first before you can get your hooves dirty, meaning there has to be a middle ground on what is allowed or not.  Weapons are enabled, only if you're bringing said weapon to battle, and if the pony you're fighting allows it.  Also, various locations of Equestria will be used, but if you want to bring a non-canon city, run it through me.

Standard rules of RPing apply here, also meaning no god-modding, no fights to the death, and no foul-play.

• 3 weeks later...

So here's the link and I've re-done his character for the RP: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/techno-universal-r9672

The link is mainly for appearance and psychical information as I haven't been able to update his characteristics since I first joined the forms. So in the RP he is actually only 5 years old and is still developing his program and logic. So in the beginning a unicorn private scientist was working on a project to digitise magic making robotics possible. The goddess then saw this as the potential for the development of a new type of Alicorn leader. So she then contacted the scientist and requested for The technology to never be released until she thinks that pony civilisation is reddy for it and to have a experimental Alicorn leader to be created using the new technology. When Techno was completed he was introduced into the classes with all the other runner up Alicorn leaders. The scientist didn't have much time to work on his program so he installed a preserved and still functional brain into Techno. Surprisingly the brain came from a past ruler of Equestria as they only found out when they completed Techno. Of course he had to relearn everything and he only had a handful of pre-programmed functions in his CMD system but he would naturally develop more functions to his system as he learned how to operate himself. Currently in the RP he is still training to potentially create the new cyber age civilisation of the future.

Now in battle his main weakness is that certain spells or types of magic will interfere with his system that is very likely to disable sheld systems making it possible to deal psychical damage or he will freeze because his system was interrupted way too much and has crashed.

So if there are any problems with his character or if you want anything changed please let me know!!! :)

PS: I seriously do not mean to have him too OP.

Edited by Techno Universal

@@Bomb Sheep

Um, thanks for your interest, but I would have to politely decline your OC.

Reasons being that the magic your unicorn makes him a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character.  Bringing ponies from the dead back to life is unnatural even for a goddess, mostly because he's a unicorn.  And why would your OC dehydrate himself?  Furthermore, having a blindfold on your pony makes other ponies think your OC's blind.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.  What I can suggest to you is to re-work your character so that he could fit in this and other RPs.  If you do, there's a good chance you can join in.

@@Techno Universal,

Yeah, the link itself has your OC being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu written all over it.  And I can't really accept the story because the Goddess wouldn't come to Equestria at that time.  Like I said with the above person, re-work or even create a new character, then I'll see about letting you in.

• Brohoof 1

@@Bomb Sheep,

Reasons being that the magic your unicorn makes him a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character. Bringing ponies from the dead back to life is unnatural even for a goddess, mostly because he's a unicorn. And why would your OC dehydrate himself? Furthermore, having a blindfold on your pony makes other ponies think your OC's blind.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. What I can suggest to you is to re-work your character so that he could fit in this and other RPs. If you do, there's a good chance you can join in.

@@Techno Universal,

Yeah, the link itself has your OC being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu written all over it. And I can't really accept the story because the Goddess wouldn't come to Equestria at that time. Like I said with the above person, re-work or even create a new character, then I'll see about letting you in.

Uhh I think I've already re-worked his character in the same post as the link. :)

@@DwhitetheGamer

Sure, this sounds fun enough. I'm sort of a closet DBZ fan even though I have yet to catch up with the most recent stuff. I'm also not very experienced with battle-oriented RP's, but I sure hope that isn't much of an issue... I'll gladly give it a shot if I can. c:

How about Lory? https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lorianne-lory-vox-r1540

EDIT

Oh, also, is there some sort of form application I need to give? Like, my character's abilities, objectives, weapons, etc.?

Edited by Driz

@@Bomb Sheep

Reasons being that the magic your unicorn makes him a Mary Sue/Gary Stu character.  Bringing ponies from the dead back to life is unnatural even for a goddess, mostly because he's a unicorn.  And why would your OC dehydrate himself?  Furthermore, having a blindfold on your pony makes other ponies think your OC's blind.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.  What I can suggest to you is to re-work your character so that he could fit in this and other RPs.  If you do, there's a good chance you can join in.

@@Techno Universal,

Yeah, the link itself has your OC being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu written all over it.  And I can't really accept the story because the Goddess wouldn't come to Equestria at that time.  Like I said with the above person, re-work or even create a new character, then I'll see about letting you in.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll improve my OC.

@@DwhitetheGamer

Ehh... To be honest, those are harder to come up with than I thought. :v

I'll try to think of some fighting abilities for her and I'll be updating her character profile with them, alright? Anyhow, thank you for accepting me in~

@@DwhitetheGamer,

Uhh mate!? Are you going to ever start the RP?! :)

And I have already reworked Techno's character (not in the link but written down separately in the application post) Plus I've now come up with his attack abilities: Very similar to Starlight Glimmer except his magic is same texture and colour as his mane and tail. Currently he is nowhere near his full potential in his magic as he is still a work in progress in the RP as a mostly robotic machine. His weakness is mentioned in the application post. :)

I would like to join. I even made a new initial profile from scratch...

Name: Cordon “Red” Rouge

Appearance:

Cordon is a fragile thing as he is very much under the average size of a regular adolescent pony. What he lacks in size he shows in an extravagant appearance: his coat seems to be a pure white color while his hide is freckled with lightly faded red diamond shapes pointing in sporadic directions. Not only is that the unique feature, but his mane seems to run from top of his head his tail as it lays finely on his body to the point it’s not obvious one where starts and the other ends, but it becomes apparent when he ties it off a feminine fashion to indulge in his art: cooking. This mane color makes him exceptionally popular, especially around the males that mistake him for a female since he has a gentle and fragile demeanor. Cordon also seems to have a unique pattern that makes him popular, that being his mane’s primary color is a fine color that mixes with a single blue color that runs center of his mane, both head and tail. His hind hooves are dark, thick, and sullied black (which are horse shoes he wears to protect them) and his fragile true hooves are unusually clean, spotless, and seem tough around the edges (due to being seared from continuous exposure to heat and hot conditions).

Cordon’s main choices of garb that set him aside are his goggles, his thick horse shoes that give him lift, and not to mention his muzzle that has a freckled red just like that near his hind.

Cutie Mark

Cordon’s Cutie Mark is a large black kettle pot that is black at its base and red going mid-way to the rim with stems of steam rising from the top. The Cute Mark seems to have a design where a glistening-like pattern seems to be around its form. This represents Cordon’s incredible ability to cook and present food that not only is appetizing in taste, but is alluring in presentation. This unique dedication to food may seem trivial upon initial though, but due to Cordon’s History, his dedication to his trade, and the traits to resist incredible amounts of heat; he is an idea cook that can apply this to self-defense when he improvises.

Personality

Cordon is not a fighter…at all. To sum up his personality, he is very wishy-washy, hesitant, and only tries to focus on being of a service to others, and does not really have self-value or worth. Cordon is a very reliable person when it comes to difficult situations, especially in trying to help someone, but he doesn’t seem to respond when it comes to being asked to do something beyond his usual skill set. This makes him so much of an idea for support, but not really for fighting. However, Cordon’s path he takes will push him to learn that there is virtue of being a supporter, and not to mention is an alternate path to be a leader.

Cordon’s initial personality when it comes to his skills may be a key to his confidence. He is very calm, happy, and joyous when he is cooking! This is where his skill lies as he doesn’t even seem to show concern over things. When it comes to spilled milk, he literally does not cry over it, but smiles and thinks of something else to substitute it with! This is where his innovation comes in as Cordon switches from his hesitant and partial personality to completely dedicated and reliable. If Cordon is to feed a hundred people, he will hesitate, but when he sets his mind to his goal with some encouragement, he is unstoppable.

Where Cordon is weak at seems to be exploring beyond what he knows! Cordon may be adventurous with a recipe, but he is not so much when it comes to trying other trades…or making friends…or even talking in general. In doing so, Cordon shows a lot of lack of skill when it comes to having insight on just how much he can do with his skill. Cordon even shows a lot of potential when it comes to playing his honor and principles that will help him grow beyond a simple, tiny soup kitchen in Manehatten, but it doesn’t flourish due to him being so reserved and kept!

Cordon’s skills with people seem to lack to a great ordeal! As said before, he is not good with talking, but this is due to him not having a very good relationship with his family. Cordon takes value in the little interactions no matter who they may be with, and he keeps his relationships to a minimum. This is out of modesty and uncertainty; but, like himself, there is great potential in his relationships as he can show that he can be an asset to others inside and outside of a battle.

Skills/Evolutions

Special Defense: Burn Tolerant à Fireproof à Flambe Eater

Cordon’s ability to tolerate heat seem trivial at first, but they are very beneficial! As most energy, based techniques seem to be effective on others, for him, they seem to be comparable to a stove burn…and Cordon has endured those to a great extent! Overtime, Cordon not only can learn to completely resist burns and energy-based techniques that are exerted towards him, but he can also be energized by him as his body works on the reflex of making him feel as if he is in front of a stove, near an open flame of a kitchen, or in front of an oven! He will still take damage overtime, but yet, not as much as anyone else who would true to withstand energy-based attacks.

Special Attack: Horse Shoes à Steel Hooves à Stainless Heels

Cordon keeps his hooves clean! Because of this, he always wears horse shoes! Due to trotting in them, he has surprisingly strong hooves when he legs deliver a mighty bucking kick! Overtime, he can strengthen himself by going through a series of hooves to strengthen their power and rather not just to protect his delicate little hooves that are used solely for cooking, and were not meant for fighting.

Special Form: Fiery Buck à Steaming Stead à Apollon’s Colt

The unique feature of Cordon, but yet his biggest weakness! Cordon does not specialize in using any energy-based attacks as he is an Earth-pony. However, he does have a special skill where his horse shoes, made of metal, can also absorb heat using a lot of friction. This makes it so that he has powerful impacting hits that not only cause contusions and bruises, but also causes searing burns that are energy-based in nature (since heat is a type of energy). In this regard, searing hot impacts from this pony are the exceptional case of energy-based physical attack combinations which are rare and a part of his creativity! This only occurs for his back hooves which he usually stays on mostly as he does not dedicate his front hooves (used to cook) as a means to fight (which can change overtime). Harnessing his skills to their peak, he can even activate a fiery-mode called “Apollon Colt” as his mane and coat become so hot and entrapped with heat that he steams all over his body (making it seem like he is burning up)! In truth, this causes damage to him, unless, he learns how to evolve his trademark skill (Burn tolerance).

This skill is the pinnacle of his abilities as his fiery traits will cause him to learn how to use propulsion for speed, put up a defense, and even attack in powerful close-range bursts…but still…his combine skills will be the death of him as he has no long-ranged based attack capabilities whatsoever!

Background

Born from a more foreign land (French-based) of Equestria, but established in Canterlot’s royal food court, Cordon Blue was a very popular filly who well versed in her meal preparation. As her name implied, her cooking was exceptional and worthy of royalty! Not only that, but the presentation was prideful and exquisite. Even her attitude was nothing short of confident and sassy when it came to her exquisite meal preparation! She had married a fine colt known as Obsidian who was not only known for his taste in rare food wear and utensils, but was very resistant to the atmosphere of a kitchen due to him being naturally tough. His nature for resisting heat had made it that he assisted his wife in the kitchen and on her job as she would insisted that she would go nowhere without her fateful husband to lay out the utensils and bring out the meals she cooked!

Their relationship made it so that they were popular, well-known, and even respected to be called “Knightly” as Cordon Blue’s philosophy on serving food to the masses with dignity and taste was of utmost importance!

So it was no surprise that their son, Cordon “Red” Rouge was a complete disappointment! Red’s philosophy was different. Not only did Red not care for the need to be royal or think of simply the prestige of the family, but it was to think of anyone who needed food! In this regard, since he was little, Red wanted to be in an environment where sporadic and diverse people were in attendance so that they may try his palettes. Although this was noble, Blue did not accept it. She insisted that serving the royalty of Canterlot was important because they needed the skills of the Cordon Family, and their food’s unique properties to strengthen them to protect Equestria’s citizens, and that without those royals, the people could not do anything for themselves!

Red understood this, but he just did not feel that the ideas justified keeping the skills of the Cordon Family to just the royals! Red felt that the people were strong enough to decide things for themselves, especially to fight! In that regard, Red hated fighting! He did not like the idea of food simply being used as fuel for a militia, and thus when came of age after having this philosophy drilled into him, left from Canterlot insisting that he wanted to learn different palettes in order to help the royalty of Canterlot fight and for the sake of the family.

This was partially true…

Cordon “Red” Rouge had settled into his life studying foods and feeding families of homeless and less fortunate in Manehatten, attempting to give commoners a taste of food that they would never have! Rumors of the little shelter in Manehatten with incredible cooking surface, but did not carry due to ponies feeling that the idea of free food being so exquisite was impossible, but some rumors attract certain individuals: especially certain Royal Alicorns who not just see an exceptional cook who inherited masterful cooking skills, but abilities that went well beyond a small kitchen in a large city!

Edited by Divine_Heart

• 3 weeks later...