Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony merch addiction? Are you a victim?

ManaMinori

I was totally addicted to getting G3 merch when I was a kid. I still have the "A Very Minty Christmas" and "Princess Promenade" DVD's, a Pinkie Pie plush, and quite a few pony figures from back then. :P

The only recent pony merch I've purchased is the Minty plush from Build-A-Bear. I couldn't say no to her cute little face! XD

24108x.jpg

Currently, I don't have an interest in purchasing more pony-related stuff. 

...But that could change. :x

• Brohoof 1

I used to be deep in pony merch. I bought so many of the brushables and fashion style ponies starting 2011, all the Funkos, random toys, some plush. But I realized I was just collecting a lot for the sake of collecting. And it wasn't as fun. I got burned out of the Hasbro toys because of the huge dip in quality and the fact that they were all just the main six over and over, and I hated feeling obligated to buy all the new Funkos just because I had all the others.

I went on a several year hiatus, and since I stepped back I realized I don't care about or need all the stuff I have. A few I still like, but I would be fine with severely culling the herd. When collecting becomes more about owning something rather than enjoying it, it's no longer fun. Or it wasn't for me.

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 1

I'm always looking forward to pony books, so that may count as an addiction :huh:. Also, the closest thing I got to toy addiction is the Power Ponies Funko Minis. I've wanted the one of Pinks like she's about to leap, and bough 4 of those figures, but none of them had her. two weeks later, I was so salty that I've bough even more (partly due to a clearance sale), and since I've got her (it was my last unopened box  :D ), I'm not looking forward to more toys now