Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Disney fairies make better Spin-offs than Equestria Girls?

ManaMinori

The Disney Fairy franchise was a spin-off to Peter Pan, that focused on Tinkerbell and her Pixie Hollow friends, other fairies. Each movie focused on each of her friends and their talents and adventures, and unlike Equestrian Girls' spin-off movies, explained the magic of their world and how it worked and why. (Blue pixie dust, golden pixie dust, the pixie dust tree, alchemy, sparkling wings, etc)

So my question is this- did Disney do this spin-off franchise better, in terms of storytelling, world building, characterization, and magical elements, better than Hasbro is treating their Equestria Girls spin-off?

Would you want Hasbro)DHX to pass the torch of EqG to Disney, for them to try and better it?

Could you see EqG being better in the animation style of the Disney Fairies franchise?

What do you think Disney would do with Sunset Shimmer, if she was in their corporate family?

• 2 months later...

The Disney Fairy movies are well made, well funded, and seem to sell well. But the Equestria Girl movies have great songs and great singers, which makes them much more memorable than the Disney Fairy movies.

One issue with the fairies is that each is pretty much born into their roles in life and their stories will revolve around that basic structure. The equestria girls are more open in where the stories can go and that makes it more interesting.

And I find the Equestria Girls merchandising much more interesting. Maybe the fairy stuff is geared toward an even younger audience?

Edited by badbob001

I have seen it.

And well I mean its perfectly fine from the perspective of a show.

But it does not have the pull to the non-traditional viewers like EQ & MLP does.

The only thing Disney Has done as of late that does is fines and ferb and gravity falls.

but they are not spinn-offs.

EQ wins with the adult crowd hands down.

-

I should ask the three girls i'm raising (Younger sister and Niece's) which they like more.

Edited by blackstarraven