Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think the show would be different if one of the other 5 were

Unlikeable Pony

How do you think the show would be different if one of the other 5 were the central character? (Darn Title length limits >.<)

Like, if instead of having so much focus on twilight, the show centered around applejack or centered around Pinkie pie?

• Brohoof 1

If one of them had become the central character instead of Twilight, we would have seen how the world from their perspective operates including how they would solve problems using their own unique traits as opposed to Twilight's intellect. They would also become an Alicorn instead of her.

• Brohoof 1

Well, we'd have people complaining about the other character getting screen time (that started to happen with Starlight for awhile, and I guarantee it would happen with any character that is given a large amount of screen time).

Considering what we saw in Twilight the last few seasons especially S6, I don't think having one of the other 5 or 6 if you count Starlight would be not that bad of an idea. I doubt Rarity, Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie would be able to handle that responsibility so that just leaves AJ and Rainbow, I think people would be okay with seeing about her life but her self-centreness and her short memory since it seems like she forgets everything in every episode featuring her would be a big turnoff for fans and as for AJ, I think she would be a perfect pony for a backup central character if Twilight was unavailable.

If pinkie was the central character I think the show would probably shifted more towards Humor than it currently has, with a more sponge bob esque feel to things.
If it was Rainbow dash, I feel they'd probably have gone fare more shonen style, with a plotline kind of like Dragonball was with more focus on RD training and striving to be a better flyer with a few episodes around her attempts to train and master flight moves and the occasional adventure episode thrown in-- More episodes like Sonic rainboom basically.
The show would be pretty much the same with fluttershy as the central character except the villains would generally be defeated more often just by her talking them down like with discord than rainbow lasers.

If one of them had become the central character instead of Twilight, we would have seen how the world from their perspective operates including how they would solve problems using their own unique traits as opposed to Twilight's intellect. They would also become an Alicorn instead of her.

Honestly, there's ZERO reason for anyone to "HAVE" to have become an alicorn at any point in the show: its not like its really changed things significantly that they couldn't have fudged simply by having the characters related to the EOH. :P

lol its funny imagining applejack as an allicorn princess *chuckle*

Ironically, the ongoing "Alicorn princess applejack" thread serial at 4chan does a pretty good job of arguing that AJ is the ONLY one actually suited to the day to day busywork of actively managing a kingdom and not just Shooting Rainbow lasers at demons every few months as their responsibility.

large.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, there's ZERO reason for anyone to "HAVE" to have become an alicorn at any point in the show: its not like its really changed things significantly that they couldn't have fudged simply by having the characters related to the EOH. :P

You do make a good point but then can you imagine one of the other Mane Six as an Alicorn? Pinkie Pie in particular would be something like the Princess of Laughter or the Princess of Reality-Bending.

• Brohoof 1

You do make a good point but then can you imagine one of the other Mane Six as an Alicorn? Pinkie Pie in particular would be something like the Princess of Laughter or the Princess of Reality-Bending.

I was around from the start of the fandom, so yeah, I can imagine all that, given how common of a theory for how things would turn out the "mane six alicorns" thing was back then :P

large.png

• Brohoof 2

I was around from the start of the fandom, so yeah, I can imagine all that, given how common of a theory for how things would turn out the "mane six alicorns" thing was back then :P

Most wouldn't like to see the others become Alicorns given how the show already has five of them.

Most wouldn't like to see the others become Alicorns given how the show already has five of them.

I'm just saying I am well aware of most people's views of what they'd be like since Those threads/theories were frequent around in the past, not that they should.

Like I said, if one of the others was a central character instead there'd be NO REASON that would require them to be an alicorn too.

It is all about Fluttershy, the quiet alicorn princess, and her moochy moochy brother.

It actually would have been kind of hilarious to juxtapose Zephyr against That just for HOW MUCH of a failure he would have seemed next to her :P

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

I'm just saying I am well aware of most people's views of what they'd be like since Those threads/theories were frequent around in the past, not that they should.

Like I said, if one of the others was a central character instead there'd be NO REASON that would require them to be an alicorn too.

True as they were never brought under Celestia's wing like Twilight was.

Well it would get rid of one of my biggest problems with the show, having magic and the OP unicorn attached with it be the end all be all with how to be villains, where the other five just remain as Damsels or Cheerleaders depending on the story. Having a Non-magical lead would more than likely force the writers to come up with ways FRIENDSHIP can save the day and not Magic BS standing in for Love or Friendship.  And it would also be more likely that the writers would then want to rotate the cast in the lead role instead of skipping any notation that a  magical social inept unicorn could maybe not be the lead and then just adding their OC to the show. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

I think this question is essentially asking if any other pony could have taken Twilight's place? Twilight is the lead character (synonymous with "best pony" (my opinion)) for a reason. The others have friendship well understood. They don't have to study it or understand it as Twilight had to. There's no obstacle for them to overcome in that area, at least not enough that could sustain an episodic series dedicated to it. To ask what would the show be like would be to ask how could they be leaders at all? Twilight, in the show, was groomed to be leader someday and to lead her friends in the meantime to be the one to most firmly understand friendship and then to recite it as a moral lesson. The others couldn't be leaders. The show couldn't even be called "Friendship is Magic" without Twilight as the lead role. The show would just not be as fun and it would be lesser for it.