Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in God?

Krakken

I guess I'm agnostic as I don't necessarily think the existence of god is impossible.   However, if there really is a god I don't think he's anything like the bible makes him out to be.  However, I lean towards him not existing more so than him existing.  

I'd really like there to be some nice afterlife of some kind though.  

I believe in spirit but I don't think there's any specific gods out there, kinda like the Founders from ST:DS9, The ocean becomes a drop and the drop becomes the ocean, sort of thing.  I don't prescribe to any one religion though, I think they're all valid in their own ways from the major ones to the obscure.  I think the existence of god or gods is a personal relationship, you could worship god or heck, even Bugs Bunny.  They exist to you because they give you hope and I think that's the important thing in faith.  Just as long as you're not treating your religion as the one true way, I say, do as you will.

As for afterlife, personally, I want to live the lives of all of my OCs.  Sometimes, I like to think of the afterlife as they showed it in Death Jr. where Death has a business where you can choose your own afterlife or if you were part of a religion, you'd go do whatever your religion stated happened in the afterlife.  Sounds crazy, I know, I just like the idea that I get to experience the lives of some of my OCs when I die.  

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fasu said:

For years I talked about myself as a christian which "I've been for most of my life" due the indoctrination of my family (which I don't see only as a bad thing). Retrospectively it might be I never was actually christian - halfly pretending for people around, halfly convincing for myself.  

I can relate. When I look back at my Christian childhood, I don't ever remember having a belief for myself. Of course, I wasn't completely consciously aware of this at the time, but I did feel weird as to why I wasn't experiencing or feeling what everyone else at church was claiming to. I just found church to be dreadfully boring, but I kept trying hard to believe. Or I convinced myself that I, too, believed, because I assume that my family and church had some reason to believe in God that I just wasn't getting for myself. Something that I'd someday understand when I got older. That never happened, no matter how hard I tried.

I think if God exists, it's definitely not a nice god. More indifferent, or mindless. The universe is very chaotic.

I think there are forces and powerful things out there that humans could call god but I don't think any large religion has it right. The closest I've seen that comes close to this is Lovecraftian mythology ie. Gods are actually aliens and extremely powerful entities, if they're out there

If anything, the goal to me is self diefication; the perfection, happiness and strength of the self ♡

• Brohoof 2

I do believe in God. I'm a Christian. I feel that when people accept Christ into their hearts, they immediately think that their lives are gonna get better in the blink of an eye. But being a Christian is all about growing and developing yourself to be the best that you can be and fulfill God's plan for your life. 

@Pastel Heart

I certainly see where you're coming from. It can be hard for some people who have been introduced to God during these times to truly believe that he is the God the Bible says that He is. 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I do believe in God. I'm a Christian. I feel that when people accept Christ into their hearts, they immediately think that their lives are gonna get better in the blink of an eye. But being a Christian is all about growing and developing yourself to be the best that you can be and fulfill God's plan for your life. 

Was gonna write my own post, but dang, Thunder did it for me.

• Brohoof 2

I was raised in a Mormon family and had their beliefs forced on me throughout my childhood and when I was about 13 or 14 I finally started thinking for myself and became atheist and quite bitter toward religion and God. My bitterness eased up a bit over the years but I still didn't believe in God till a few months ago. Having religion forced on me, naturally I resented the idea of God and having had no genuine spirituality in my life, I was unable to connect with God and saw no evidence of his existence, but recently when I started exploring the metaphysical world and got more in touch with my spirituality, I met God and now I know there's so much more to existence than this physical world and I came to a clear realization of what God really is. I'm still completely nonreligious but I value spirituality more than I ever did and it's changed my life drastically and I have a higher appreciation of everything.

• Brohoof 1

Not quite sure what I believe in. I think that's part of what life is all about, figuring out why we're here and what we are going to do with the gift we were given. I think that there's something out there, because I've seen too many things in the world for it all to have come from nothing. I mean when you think about it, scientifically what was before the big bang right? How could all of creation come from a void of nothing. There had to have been a catalyst of some kind. It's almost impossible to think that before all of creation there was just nothing and then from nothing came everything. One of the only ways something can be created from nothing in our world is by human creation. This gets so much deeper and harder to grasp but in short

I do think something is out there but what it is, may remain a mystery until the end of time.

• Brohoof 1

It's complicated. I say I do but I wonder if I genuinely believe that sometimes. I assume there is though. It'd feel like an eternal fall if I learned there wasn't, but I think my doubt clouds what's the truth, if there is a God or not.

No I don't.

I used to be somewhat open to the idea but like I never really got any hint of such a thing being actually there. Overtime the idea just seemed more and more unplausible.

What I think is people look outside themselves for something of importance.

But really what they need is within them. Man created god. 

The idea of a creator god particularly does not make sense if the world needs god to make it then who made god? And the thing is there are scientific explanations to the world which people chose to avoid, while incomplete they do provide a good understanding of a lot of things. 

I believe in god as a concept of the ultimate "goodness" and incomprehensible huge thing, like a metaphor, not as religion or person or any kind of conscious agent. Though, I prefer to call it other things than God. 

Still, wouldn't consider myself atheist, religious, or agnostic because is something that i don't have strong opinions or beliefs on anyways. If it is or isn't it doesn't really change anything for me because i have no say on it whatever the "truth" is. In that sense I think that god is then so big and is everything that "he" can be existing and not at the same time, and be a truth and a lie at the same time. It all depends on you if you make him real or not and that directly affects the outcome of him being a thing or not, and the answer would be correct no matter what you decide.

Edited by Ittoni

As if.

If there's a god, then it must be an omnipotent jerk, because it literally should be able to prevent and avoid any and all evil on the universe, yet, it doesn't. So, chances are, it gotta enjoy watching its creation suffer, or it plainly doesn't exist. Or a third case in which is not a sentient thing, and if it is not a sentient thing, is not a god, but merely energy. In any of those 3 cases, it's pointless for me to believe in such a thing given it either doesn't exist or it doesn't give a damn about anyone and thus it doesn't make anything different in the reality we endure.

On the other hoof, there's no actual proof for its existence or lack of, but since there's no way to prove it, I don't believe on it and most likely can say there's no such a thing unless proven tangibly through experimentations and measurements that it exists.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I’m leaning into “I believe God exist, but I don’t believe in the church, nor expect God to do all the work in my life). Would be nice if god, or goddess was a pastel horse tho :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I believe in God. Similarly I believe that water is wet, the sun is warm, and a million other obvious facts. I don't even have to believe, I simply observe

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

truth be told....god is a title.... a human can and have gain this title too. pharaohs are considered gods. some idiots think of themselves as gods....( I know a few who thinks this way...) 

Satan is a god. Baal is a god. a pagan one in bible terms.

I think you are actually asking is ...

IS THERE AN ALL MIGHTY GOD?

the all mighty god is a title that belongs to 1 being only. and is what we consider the creator of this world.... simply calling this being JUST god... is not accurate... may it be bible terms and what not.

heck the big bang is what the science consider a god..