Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone spending most of their day in front of the computer?

zerox

So I spend most of my day in front of my computer. I don't have much to do as I'm unemployed, I'm disappointed that my father passed away in Oct of this year, I don't have much friends (I could use some more internet friends).

Well does anyone else spend most of their days in front of the PC?

sorry for your loss, dude. Decades of smoking will take my father from me soon, probably within the next few years. He knows it, we all know it. It's become a sad. heartbreaking reality no one really can talk about. 

I get paid about 20.50/hr to sit in front of a computer and wait for a fire alarm to go off. It requires zero skills, other than to be able to stay awake. It's too bad I probably couldn't get you in here.

• Brohoof 1

sorry for your loss, dude. Decades of smoking will take my father from me soon, probably within the next few years. He knows it, we all know it. It's become a sad. heartbreaking reality no one really can talk about. 

I get paid about 20.50/hr to sit in front of a computer and wait for a fire alarm to go off. It requires zero skills, other than to be able to stay awake. It's too bad I probably couldn't get you in here.

what did you mean by that?

I don't spend all day but I spend about 20 hours a week playing video games on the computer.  Probably quite a few on Youtube and the forums as well so I would say I spend 3 hours a day on average on the computer as a low estimate.  Some weekends though it's closer to 10 hours and I'm sure I've hit 12+ at some point.

When I'm drawing I can spend anywhere from 6 to 12 hours on the computer just doing that. Before my computer died and I started sharing a computer the longest I sat on a computer drawing was 18 hours. When I'm not drawing I'm usually not on the computer all that much. I usually pop on to check messages and collect reference.

Yes I spend alot of my time here as well. Youtube, forums, tumblr, games, fimfiction.

I do, got vertigo so bad I can't work but for some screwball reason playing driving games calms it down.

Would rather be just about anywhere else most of the day but ehh, here I am.

Vertigo sounds like an inner ear problem, possibly being indoors with poor air circulation too much, or too much pollution in your region. Lack of exercise can contribute to it, or dehydration or poor sleep. If the house is full of clutter it causes worse air quality, which is why ideas about spirits or feng shui tend to be related to air quality. Always rotten places are haunted houses (decomposing wood may produce gasses and fungus spores and alot of stacking dust) and feng shui is related because its secretly about air circulation with open neat rooms lacking clutter (which would block air flow and cause dust to stack faster and mold to grow more easily) and one idea to combat spirits is always sprinkling salts about, which kills fungus and the humidity which produces fungus, from what I gather. It could also be a brain problem rather than inner ear.

​You just assume my gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am basically on the Computer every single day and have been for so many years, I love my computer and funny enough it's got to the point where I'm so paranoid that anything will happen to my computer that I go into a panic if it takes 5 seconds longer to startup. 

And it's not like my course work for college and going to college gets me away from the computer either, I'm doing a computing and programming course ;) 

I'm on my laptop most of the time, if not just browsing I'm writing scripts and editing videos, listening to music, skyping, viewing visual media and a myriad of other things.

My laptop is basically my life, and I guard it like my life depends on it. Someone at a production studio once was surprised that considering how much time I spend on the computer (as many people who edit do) that I hadn't had to wear glasses yet due to the damage it would cause. One day that will come.

Ha! I wish. Sitting my butt gaining weight while stuffing my face full of food while watching vids and playing video games is what I'd love to do. Unfortunately I'm preoccupied with finally finishing my studies and with my day job.

I'm a YouTuber... well basic YouTuber with expensive equipment, I need to spend at least 3 hours in front of my computer daily. And that's just for YouTube stuff, I game on my computer, and my Xbox all the time (My Xbox is set up using the same screen as my PC). So unless I'm working, or doing something else I'm sitting in my chair working on a YouTube video, drawing something, or just gaming in general. Its fun until I realize how lazy I feel.

Yep; I tend to stay on the computer for most of the day; as long as I am not gaming, doing housework, or at my day job. Really, when you live in a rural area and are not around people who share your same interests and lack things that larger towns and cities do, it's about all I can do.

So yeah; YouTube, MLPForums, all that stuff.

• 7 months later...

Me. I don't have anything better to do on my holidays. Even when I do have school, I just get my homework and stuff done and come back here. It's either that or I go out to eat something n0ice with friends.

(edited)

I've been spending way to much time on the computer lately. I've been too preoccupied with various things to do anything creative, so I've just been wasting time until I can get things settled. I think I'll try to paint sometime this weekend, even if I have to force myself. :twi:

Edited by Dreambiscuit