Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did the ponies cone from?

ManaMinori

In g1's movie, Hidea briefly mentions that witches as far back as her mother's mother had settled the land, and the ponies had come into and settled the valley at some point. Where do you guys think the ponies came from? What made them move into the valley in the first place?

It's actually something I made a note of once; all of the generations have the ponies coming from someplace else. G1 has that mention you talk about, G1.5 (Pony Tales) has a mention that the original ponies for the region (the Pintos) have all died out and the current ponies were newcomers. G3 has the various castles being built by someone prior to the ponies' arrival there. And of course G4 has the ponies settling Equestria after fleeing the Windigo-conquered homelands.

It's a bit of a running theme, that the ponies are never originally from wherever we, as viewers, encounter them. They're always from somewhere else sometime back in history. And we never get to meet whatever was actually native to the region. At least, not explicitly.

In the case of G1 I'm not sure where they came from, because I'm not overly clear where everywhere else *is*. All I've been able to piece together from the My Little Pony 'n Friends series and the movies in that same continuity, is a collection of various valleys in what must be an extensive volcanic mountain range. There might be more info in the hundreds of comics or short story books, but I haven't read of all those yet.

@@Fhaolan

Maybe the writers should consider writing an episode about the land that ponies originally came from before they moved to what would become Equestria. I know it's a longshot considering they probably have other ideas, but it would be nice if one of the MLP generations could answer this interesting question. It would add to the lore the show, something that needs more attention.

Hmm. That's a really good question. I never thought about it. Maybe they were originally migratory and travelled all over Ponyland before finally deciding to settle down in Dream Valley, Bright Valley and Flutter Valley? Maybe the UK comics have an answer to that question.

It's actually something I made a note of once; all of the generations have the ponies coming from someplace else. G1 has that mention you talk about, G1.5 (Pony Tales) has a mention that the original ponies for the region (the Pintos) have all died out and the current ponies were newcomers. G3 has the various castles being built by someone prior to the ponies' arrival there. And of course G4 has the ponies settling Equestria after fleeing the Windigo-conquered homelands.

It's a bit of a running theme, that the ponies are never originally from wherever we, as viewers, encounter them. They're always from somewhere else sometime back in history. And we never get to meet whatever was actually native to the region. At least, not explicitly.

In the case of G1 I'm not sure where they came from, because I'm not overly clear where everywhere else *is*. All I've been able to piece together from the My Little Pony 'n Friends series and the movies in that same continuity, is a collection of various valleys in what must be an extensive volcanic mountain range. There might be more info in the hundreds of comics or short story books, but I haven't read of all those yet.

yes, I k

Remember the Pinto pony settlers, and the castles of g3, and g4's pre-windigo settlement. It's concerning, once you think about it. Why are the ponies moving so much in each generation, unless they're inadvertently ruining their own land, or something, like we saw with the hatred and windigos, in each gen that would require them to keep on as nomads