Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the song The Magic Inside sounds like an illuminati song?

Tilgoreth

Sold a lie? I wouldn't say that inasmuch as she was sold on the conventional wisdom of the pony equivalent of the Hollywood Pop Music scene. All glitz and glamour, little in terms of substance, with no one willing to break from that conventional wisdom. At least that's how I perceived it. Though, I can admit from the stories I've heard about the real life music industry that it is quite hard to remain an individual or a unique group when all the record companies want is carbon copies of what's already selling (and they wonder why independent artists are growing in popularity). To them it's all, "how do we package and sell it for maximum profit?" Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but it does tend to stifle creativity.

So, I wouldn't say Illuminati specifically, more of a... Being a newbie in any field, you're more inclined to believe those with more experience, and to be less confident in your own opinion on the matter, until you honestly start believing everything you're told because "that's just the way it's done."

So, no, not the Illuminati specifically, but I'd say more like any area of life where the "conventional wisdom" is overwhelming and can make you blind to what you really want to do in that field. It just so happens that this episode concentrated on the "appearances trump talent" conventional wisdom used by many pop record labels.

• Brohoof 2

Sold a lie? I wouldn't say that inasmuch as she was sold on the conventional wisdom of the pony equivalent of the Hollywood Pop Music scene. All glitz and glamour, little in terms of substance, with no one willing to break from that conventional wisdom. At least that's how I perceived it. Though, I can admit from the stories I've heard about the real life music industry that it is quite hard to remain an individual or a unique group when all the record companies want is carbon copies of what's already selling (and they wonder why independent artists are growing in popularity). To them it's all, "how do we package and sell it for maximum profit?" Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but it does tend to stifle creativity.

So, I wouldn't say Illuminati specifically, more of a... Being a newbie in any field, you're more inclined to believe those with more experience, and to be less confident in your own opinion on the matter, until you honestly start believing everything you're told because "that's just the way it's done."

So, no, not the Illuminati specifically, but I'd say more like any area of life where the "conventional wisdom" is overwhelming and can make you blind to what you really want to do in that field. It just so happens that this episode concentrated on the "appearances trump talent" conventional wisdom used by many pop record labels.

The illuminati thing was a joke. But I do tee with what you said.

It was an indictment of processed music specifically when there is an emphasis on image and production over the art. Status quo wasn't really the focus. The only other pop star we see in Equestria was seemingly in control of the minutiae of her performance, so Rara was just being mishandled.

Artistic integrity brought to light through the Element of Honesty. Kinda fits beautifully.

• Brohoof 1

It was an indictment of processed music specifically when there is an emphasis on image and production over the art. Status quo wasn't really the focus. The only other pop star we see in Equestria was seemingly in control of the minutiae of her performance, so Rara was just being mishandled.

Artistic integrity brought to light through the Element of Honesty. Kinda fits beautifully.

Yeah I agree you completely.

Oh, sorry. Hard to read humor into things over the internet sometimes.

That's fine I should have made that clear.

What is an illumaniti song? Do you have a comparison?

Think Katy Perys Wide Awake.

The illuminati isn't even a real thing. So no, it doesn't sound like an illuminati song.

it was a joke. Don't have a pony.

The illuminati isn't even a real thing. So no, it doesn't sound like an illuminati song.

I was making a joke. Sorry.