Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Thinks The Brony Fandom Will Be Coming Back Big In 2017

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

Your not asking the correct questions, or at least not specific enough. ;)

But let me try several versions.

- Will the movie attract new bronies?

Probably not. Reason being most non-bronies wouldn't go to a MLP movie. Why would they? It's a movie intended for little girls, not adults. The reason we have bronies now is that most were able to watch this in private at home, not in a big hall with lot's of little girls, which is what most people probably will think of what will be there in a MLP movie in the cinema.

- Will the movie cause the return of ex-bronies (I guess mostly anti-twilicorn fans)

This is more probable. But I don't think it will be a huge increase in active bronies. Also because this movie will most likely feature twilicorn, which was the reason a lot of bronies quit in the first place.

Also: did the brony fandom leave in the first place? I don't think so (look at the people still attending this board, Equestria Daily or any MLP convention). At the most there has been a slight decrease in the total number of fans still watching the show.

Regarding if season 7 and the EqG series next year will be any good: only time will tell. Noone can properly give an honest answer to that one just yet. The show's staff will ofcourse try to make it good. I don't think it will be bad, but then again: what is good? Compared to what? I think season 5 had a peak in properly good episodes, but they had very good occasions to do so: 5 years of MLP and 100 episodes are some big landmarks for a show. They also had a couple of story arcs which lasted for some years come to a conclusion. It's very hard to top that. I enjoyed season 6 less than season 5 because of that, but I still think season 6 had some pretty enjoyable episodes. The same can probably be said for Equestria Girls.

Edited by Bubs
  • Brohoof 5

The show and movie will bring the fandom back to life, our Askapony blogs will blot out the sun AND be loved by the fandom, and our fanfics will party in the shade! We will retake tumblr! SOL VULT SOL VULT SOL VULT SOL VULT SOL VULT

For that, people like Haber, Big Jim and McCarthy (who can't write amazing two parters to save her life, so why should she do a good movie?) would have to do a better job.

Says you. Considering McCarthy has written pretty much ALL of the well liked two parters and is the main reason so many actually have hope for the film.

Says you. Considering McCarthy has written pretty much ALL of the well liked two parters and is the main reason so many actually have hope for the film.

These many people also liked Equestria Girls movies, which proves they have shitty taste anyway and shpuldnt be taken seriously.

I think that the movie might get some more fans, but not too many. If it does really well, it might get some more non-bronies curious enough to try the first episode.

For that, people like Haber, Big Jim and McCarthy (who can't write amazing two parters to save her life, so why should she do a good movie?) would have to do a better job.

Which writers do you believe would do better for the movie?

Edited by ChB

It's hard to say really since we know so little about what's coming up regarding MLP next year. The best thing we can do as a fandom is accept whatever happens and try to adapt from it.

• Brohoof 1

Which writers do you believe would do better for the movie?

Lauren Faust, Amy Keating Rogers, Larson, Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco, Nick Confalone.

Half of them are gone, though.

Lauren Faust, Amy Keating Rogers, Larson, Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco, Nick Confalone.

Half of them are gone, though.

Out of those six, who do you believe would do best?

I'm guessing that Friendship is Magic and Return to Harmony were your favorite two-parter episodes?

Edited by ChB

These many people also liked Equestria Girls movies, which proves they have shitty taste anyway and shpuldnt be taken seriously.

Well, that is also purely your own perspective. People don't automatically have worse opinions than you just because they don't agree with you.

And fun little twist of irony: your quickness to generalize and dismiss others hinders me from taking your opinion seriously.

Yeah, just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you means they have bad taste.

Also you have a typo.

*Raises hoof.

I enjoyed some of the EqG films very much, and consider myself a reasonable judge of artistic merit of various media, to the point I would even call myself an elitist (Something I've been called on other internet hangouts when I discussed literature and classical music). Then again, you did conflate enjoyment with quality, which had many flaws ... so ... yeah.

I do see the film bringing in some casual fans and some lapsed fans. Perhaps there will be a small uptick in new fans, but I'm not expecting anything significant.

Interests change, and the fans of FiM are no different than fans of other properties. One thing that can generate a resurgence is something like a new series or film, and if it's decent enough it can have a positive impact on the fandom numbers.

• Brohoof 1

*Raises hoof.

I enjoyed some of the EqG films very much, and consider myself a reasonable judge of artistic merit of various media, to the point I would even call myself an elitist (Something I've been called on other internet hangouts when I discussed literature and classical music). Then again, you did conflate enjoyment with quality, which had many flaws ... so ... yeah.

When you really think that Equestria Girls movies are works of good quality, tehn...ehh...i certainly won't stop you from doing that.

Edited by Swifty

Will the new movie attract new fans when it come out? Sure! We will likely see a rise in our numbers. However, I don't think that it will be as big like in 2011 and 2012. FIM has been around for more than 6 years, so it has lost much of its "shock factor" already. Those of us that are still with the franchise are loyal and dedicated. The same can be said for any and all other types of media. 

• Brohoof 1

We will never be what we were in 2012 because we aren't TRENDY anymore... but we also don't really need to "come back" seriously 99% of fandoms would KILL to have what we have, a massive dedicated convention scene, an obscene rate of fan works production. The Fandom is still one of the largest in the world. 

• Brohoof 1

You really had to go there didn't you :orly:

Anyway, it's hard to say. Some people that left in the down time will likely come back, and the movie will probably grab some new fans. As for the show itself, unless something changes in regards to that, it's not going to draw in a new large influx of people. I think it's already peaked in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Or, maybe they just have a different opinion than you. Ever think that just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are wrong?

Or, maybe they just have a different opinion than you. Ever think that just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are wrong?

Only in extreme cases like this. Calling EQG great is like calling Eddy the Eagle an amazing ski jumper.