Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you want Tirek reformed?

Tilgoreth

No. His motivation was too standard fare villainous to allow a legit redemption. Control and power for powers sake.

Nightmare Moon was jealous and felt overlooked. Sunset was too ambitious. Starlight felt abandoned. At least they had a modicum of a chance to empathize. Reforming Tirek is like reforming Megatron or Skeletor (ignoring the dumb Christmas special). There is nothing there but "I MUST HAVE POWER AND RULE OVER YOU!".

80's villain motivation is cool for a kickass fight, but not for a redemption.

• Brohoof 10

Actually I would not mind Scorpan coming back to try and return his brother home. It could lead to Scorpan learning and realizing how wrong his brother has strayed, and after some trials leading to a confrontation between the two, where perhaps Tirek learns Scorpan is not nearly as weak and useless as he thought he was..

• Brohoof 4

We don't have many villains left as it is since most of them have reformed and have become more likeable as a result. Someone like Lord Tirek should never be reformed as he cares only for power and will do whatever is necessary to achieve it. He even cast aside his own brother and manipulated Discord into helping him achieve his desires. If there is one villain who should definitely remain as such, it would be him hands down.

• Brohoof 4

No No NO No No No!

This would be one of the worst ideas on how to handle a character that this show could possibly have.

Tirek has shown literally no redeemable qualities and his entire motivation of wanting to get power, doesn't even lead to anything sympathetic either.

I may not like how Starlight's reformation was handled, but I wasn't against the concept of her reforming before the season 5 finale, and the execution was the problem.

Her ideologies about what constitutes true friendship not only could lead to her having some sort of understandable motivations, but when opposed to what Twilight and the mane 6 view friendship as could have lead to some interesting character moments between them, and allow for a character reformation to feel natural.

Tirek is a character that is basically pure evil, and I can't see any reason why he would ever be reformed in a million years.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure about reformation, but they should have him come back. Preferably with Scorpan in tow.

In fact, maybe the story can be that Tirek pretends he's reformed because of his brother's positive actions, and then when no one suspects it he strikes to try and regain power.

That's the way I could see it.

• Brohoof 3

No. His motivation was too standard fare villainous to allow a legit redemption. Control and power for powers sake.

Nightmare Moon was jealous and felt overlooked. Sunset was too ambitious. Starlight felt abandoned. At least they had a modicum of a chance to empathize. Reforming Tirek is like reforming Megatron or Skeletor (ignoring the dumb Christmas special). There is nothing there but "I MUST HAVE POWER AND RULE OVER YOU!".

80's villain motivation is cool for a kickass fight, but not for a redemption.

Yeah I agree. Also I never d I wanted him reformed.

No, Please no, I don't want Tirek to be reformed, That would be Terrible.

I don't want him to be reformed their.

Actually I would not mind Scorpan coming back to try and return his brother home. It could lead to Scorpan learning and realizing how wrong his brother has strayed, and after some trials leading to a confrontation between the two, where perhaps Tirek learns Scorpan is not nearly as weak and useless as he thought he was..

Something like that would be very cool.

We don't have many villains left as it is since most of them have reformed and have become more likeable as a result. Someone like Lord Tirek should never be reformed as he cares only for power and will do whatever is necessary to achieve it. He even cast aside his own brother and manipulated Discord into helping him achieve his desires. If there is one villain who should definitely remain as such, it would be him hands down.

Yeah I feel the same way.m

No No NO No No No!

This would be one of the worst ideas on how to handle a character that this show could possibly have.

Tirek has shown literally no redeemable qualities and his entire motivation of wanting to get power, doesn't even lead to anything sympathetic either.

I may not like how Starlight's reformation was handled, but I wasn't against the concept of her reforming before the season 5 finale, and the execution was the problem.

Her ideologies about what constitutes true friendship not only could lead to her having some sort of understandable motivations, but when opposed to what Twilight and the mane 6 view friendship as could have lead to some interesting character moments between them, and allow for a character reformation to feel natural.

Tirek is a character that is basically pure evil, and I can't see any reason why he would ever be reformed in a million years.

I agree I don't want him reformed.

As long as they give him a good backstory as to why he is the way he is and stuff, have Scorpan come back like GrimGrimoire said, then yes.

YYeah that would actually be a good idea.
  • Brohoof 1

Tirek is definitely a special case for me. He is probably the only character that I would prefer not to see reformed, simply because of just how evil he is. With most 'bad' characters, you can still see a shred of good that they can possibly have, but Tirek literally feeds on magic itself, the lifeblood of Equestria. That is about as evil as one could get and I don't know how they could ever even consider reforming him and have it make sense.

• Brohoof 4

I mean why not? You can put Hitler in the show and the Mane 6 Twilight will find a way to empathise with him.

I don't want him reformed dither.

I'm not sure about reformation, but they should have him come back. Preferably with Scorpan in tow.

In fact, maybe the story can be that Tirek pretends he's reformed because of his brother's positive actions, and then when no one suspects it he strikes to try and regain power.

That's the way I could see it.

EExcept nobody would believe that.

Tirek is definitely a special case for me. He is probably the only character that I would prefer not to see reformed, simply because of just how evil he is. With most 'bad' characters, you can still see a shred of good that they can possibly have, but Tirek literally feeds on magic itself, the lifeblood of Equestria. That is about as evil as one could get and I don't know how they could ever even consider reforming him and have it make sense.

Yeah I wouldn't want him reformed.
  • Brohoof 1

In short: No.
Long version? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will admit, I did kind of like the freudian excuse they tried to use in the comics of his dad ignoring his magical talent and being a bit of a douche to him; Not that I want him redeemed, but it helps to establish his villainy by having him have an evil sith like mentor and Daddy issues. (Though I will admit the "jerk dad, nice mom" setup is a bit cliche.)

• Brohoof 2

Oh God no. Not everyone can be redeemed. Short of mind-raping him into submission they're never going to be able to do it. Although I would like to see the mind-rape approach and then the Mane 6 facing the consequences of that approach, much like how Starlight had to face the consequences of her own mind-rape actions.

• Brohoof 3

I can imagine him going up against other villains but for his own interests and somehow this villain vs. villain situation actually works out for the good guys. That's as far as you can get with him. Maybe a collaboration with him and the mane six to defeat a villain but after the deed is done he goes back to his evil ways.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

Tireks pretty much the most purely EVIL character in the series, so no, not at all. There's literally no way to read his actions sympathetically, he has no ideology which he misguidedly believed was right like Starlight, he ruled no Kingdom he needed to Provide for (though yes in the end Chrysalis's hate proved stronger than her care for her subjects). He's just a power hungry douchebag willing to step on anything for more power.

• Brohoof 2

In short: No.

Long version? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will admit, I did kind of like the freudian excuse they tried to use in the comics of his dad ignoring his magical talent and being a bit of a douche to him; Not that I want him redeemed, but it helps to establish his villainy by having him have an evil sith like mentor and Daddy issues. (Though I will admit the "jerk dad, nice mom" setup is a bit cliche.)

Yeah I wouldn't want reformed.

Oh God no. Not everyone can be redeemed. Short of mind-raping him into submission they're never going to be able to do it. Although I would like to see the mind-rape approach and then the Mane 6 facing the consequences of that approach, much like how Starlight had to face the consequences of her own mind-rape actions.

Yeah I wouldn't t reformed.

I can imagine him going up against other villains but for his own interests and somehow this villain vs. villain situation actually works out for the good guys. That's as far as you can get with him. Maybe a collaboration with him and the mane six to defeat a villain but after the deed is done he goes back to his evil ways.

Yeah that would be a good idea.

Tirek is quite a simplistic, if not mediocre villain. I rather not see him again.

Power and control, fear driven ambitions make his character hardly relatable.

Yeah I see what you mean.Mlp

No.

Reasons: Nope, that shit ain't right.

Yeah I agree with you.all

Tireks pretty much the most purely EVIL character in the series, so no, not at all. There's literally no way to read his actions sympathetically, he has no ideology which he misguidedly believed was right like Starlight, he ruled no Kingdom he needed to Provide for (though yes in the end Chrysalis's hate proved stronger than her care for her subjects). He's just a power hungry douchebag willing to step on anything for more power.

Yeah I agree this. Mlp all
  • Brohoof 1

EExcept nobody would believe that.

They attempted to redeem Queen Chrysalis and she straight up kidnapped a baby and every important citizen or leader in Equestria. Starlight Glimmer got redeemed and straight up changed the history of Equestria into multiple bloody wars thanks to multiple villains.

I'm pretty sure they would believe it.

• Brohoof 2

They attempted to redeem Queen Chrysalis and she straight up kidnapped a baby and every important citizen or leader in Equestria. Starlight Glimmer got redeemed and straight up changed the history of Equestria into multiple bloody wars thanks to multiple villains.

I'm pretty sure they would believe it.

Yeah I guess I see your point

Technically sombra is just as evil, just sombra wasn't well liked and more forgettable by the fandom :P

• Brohoof 1

No he definitely should not be reformed.

There's a lot of characters in the show that got reformed and I think it's a good thing.

Tirek is a character with an interesting backstory and is definitely very powerful and strong, which is very contrasty with the rest of the ponies.  It adds a lot of dynamic interest to the show.  I hope we see him again soon.

• Brohoof 1

Technically sombra is just as evil, just sombra wasn't well liked and more forgettable by the fandom :P

And yet he has way more art and fanfics! for some reason. 

Sombra is hard to say much though since he's such a cypher of a character. Though I suppose since he's meant to be Sauronesque that he's definitely pretty much pure evil.

• Brohoof 1