Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you want Tirek reformed?

Tilgoreth

Technically sombra is just as evil, just sombra wasn't well liked and more forgettable by the fandom :P

He only appeared as a giant lack fart.

Nope. Tirek has caused more damage than all the other villains put together, single handedly.

Exactly what I was thinking.

No he definitely should not be reformed.

There's a lot of characters in the show that got reformed and I think it's a good thing.

Tirek is a character with an interesting backstory and is definitely very powerful and strong, which is very contrasty with the rest of the ponies.  It adds a lot of dynamic interest to the show.  I hope we see him again soon.

Yeah I agree with all of what you said.

And yet he has way more art and fanfics! for some reason. 

Sombra is hard to say much though since he's such a cypher of a character. Though I suppose since he's meant to be Sauronesque that he's definitely pretty much pure evil.

We only saw him as a giant black fart.

No that would be silly. Not EVERY villain can be redeemed and doing so would be an unrealistic message

I don't want him reformed either.
  • Brohoof 1

Unlike Discord he seems to be a mature and strong personality and wouldn't just turn good because he never had any friends or something like that.

Lol but what do i know. Everything is possibile these days. Evrything eccept for sol invictus being undefeated. Lolol

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 2

Long story short. No. He is great as a badguy and redemption would just probebly make the fandom (us) keel over and die inside. I'd love an origin story thus making his motivation understandeble (and possibly relateble).

• Brohoof 2

Unlike Discord he seems to be a mature and strong personality and wouldn't just turn good because he never had any friends or something like that.

Lol but what do i know. Everything is possibile these days. Evrything eccept for sol invictus being undefeated. Lolol

Yeah you have a point.all fun

The part of the fandom that didn't like him, you mean.

You have a point with that.

Long story short. No. He is great as a badguy and redemption would just probebly make the fandom (us) keel over and die inside. I'd love an origin story thus making his motivation understandeble (and possibly relateble).

Yeah I agree with what you said.

And yet he has way more art and fanfics! for some reason. 

Sombra got a comic book plotline dedicated to him as well as one of the better received fiendship is magic; The comics heavily salvaged him in alot of the fandom's eyes.

Plus, he got the best timeline out of the S5 finale while Tirek's was just "SHIT GETS BLOWN UP!"

• Brohoof 2

Ehh... to me, Tirek is like Chrysalis, one of those more badass villains who certainly doesn't need redemption for me to enjoy them any more than I did before.

Yes. Yes. And more yes.

• Brohoof 1

Enough with the villain redemptions already. We already have Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer and Discord. We don't need another reformed villain.

Don't forget Diamond Tiara.

Sombra got a comic book plotline dedicated to him as well as one of the better received fiendship is magic; The comics heavily salvaged him in alot of the fandom's eyes.

Plus, he got the best timeline out of the S5 finale while Tirek's was just "SHIT GETS BLOWN UP!"

Yeah I agree with this.Mlp fun

Ehh... to me, Tirek is like Chrysalis, one of those more badass villains who certainly doesn't need redemption for me to enjoy them any more than I did before.

Yes. Yes. And more yes.

Yes I agree with this statement.

By ye gods, no. 

I wish they hadn't reformed Starlight Glimmer either. 

Friendship doesn't solve everything, and especially not with Tirek.

I liked Starlight more once she became a good guy.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, let's reform him and every other villain we'll see, that will make Equestria a better place and make every fan know what's going to happen in every episode and have every villain tricked into believing in friendship.

Seriously, this would be a very bad idea and you'll probably do some damage that is beyond repair if they go this path.

• Brohoof 2

No! Tirek is like the ONLY villain evil enough.

I know I don't want him reformed either.

danielbryanno.gif

Tired is the textbook definition of evil and even the idea of reforming him is stupid

I know I don't want him reformed either. It would be dumb.

Sure, let's reform him and every other villain we'll see, that will make Equestria a better place and make every fan know what's going to happen in every episode and have every villain tricked into believing in friendship.

Seriously, this would be a very bad idea and you'll probably do some damage that is beyond repair if they go this path.

I don't want him reformed. I think it would be a bad idea..

I would've initially said no, but a thought occurred to me. In FIENDSHIP is Magic #2 we see that Tirek and Scorpan are children to royalty; specifically the rulers of their respective kingdom in which centaurs & gargoyles live. We see that Tirek has little regard for his father, but I have to wonder what would happen if his father's life was on the line. Would he pull another Kylo Ren, or would he sacrifice his ambitions for the better of the kingdom?

It's an interesting thought. Granted I would still prefer him as a villain as he was the more pure fun to watch, but sometimes a different path can be good.

• Brohoof 2

Not reformed 100%. But maybe his brother Scorpan could help him become a better creature, but not all the way.

Yeah I think that could be a good idea to do.

I would've initially said no, but a thought occurred to me. In FIENDSHIP is Magic #2 we see that Tirek and Scorpan are children to royalty; specifically the rulers of their respective kingdom in which centaurs & gargoyles live. We see that Tirek has little regard for his father, but I have to wonder what would happen if his father's life was on the line. Would he pull another Kylo Ren, or would he sacrifice his ambitions for the better of the kingdom?

It's an interesting thought. Granted I would still prefer him as a villain as he was the more pure fun to watch, but sometimes a different path can be good.

I think he is still a better villain than he would be a good guy.

Yeah I think that could be a good idea to do.

I'm against a totally rework of the character into something totally different. I want to see him become a neutral but not totally good. He should still be a bit power hungry but will always know he will fail. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm against a totally rework of the character into something totally different. I want to see him become a neutral but not totally good. He should still be a bit power hungry but will always know he will fail.

Granted it'd be a bit silly if he broke out of Tartarus again.
  • Brohoof 1