Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Is The Most Hours You've Worked In A Week?

Denim&Venöm

I work at an accounting firm so I work six days a week from early February until mid April. Towards the end, there are times where I work at least 12 hours a day so that's pushing 90 hours over a seven-day span by the time the 15th rolls around.

Edited by Yoshi89

36 hours in 3 days and 60 hours in one week was the most for me.  It was my first week at my first full time job so it was not fun.  On my feet the whole time and I had to wear earplugs because it was so loud.  The schedule was nuts, 24 hours one week then 60 the next so there was no extra pay for the 60 hour week and the base pay was 11.70 an hour which was pretty bad for were I live.  Whenever I got stressed at my other job I just thought back to that one week and I became much less worried about the problems I had with the people I worked with lol.

I worked a week in the Gulf of Mexico for a low-end diving company where I clocked 127 hours before dropping to 84 the following week. It was just a 2-week shift but it was a minimum of 12-hour shifts for 7 days straight and the ship was on dive status 24 hours a day. Made A LOT of money but I now despise working offshore for any length of time...

If college counts, probably about 100-110 hours, spare time being sleep and paying attention in class and driving there and home. Yeah, im no stranger to those crunches.

If not, then it would be 64 hours when there was a big baseball tournament I had to be groundskeeper on along with the regular duties. We had three days off afterwards.

I remember many years ago I used to work in a cherry orchard. I was a picker for most of the season., but one week was rather strenuous. My employer owned multiple orchards, but the sorting equipment from one of the farms had broken down, so we ended up having to pick up their slack. Pickers would usually wake up at around midnight, seeing as the days were hot. I ended up having two shifts of 20 hours, along with three shifts of 12 hours. While 76 hours is not alot in comparison to others, you would have to consider the fact that it is pure manual labor. A unique experience I hope to never repeat.

Edited by Unumbra

My contract's 40 hours, so I probably never went over 41. I don't do overtime unless we're close to a major release and things really have to be completely done. Usually I'll just leave things over the weekend. The amount of hours people in this thread seem to pull is insane.

• Brohoof 1

I think a couple times I worked 84 hours in a week. 7 days for 12 hour shifts. I built CNC machines and we had to meet a deadline for a customer. We eventually got it out the door on time. I think me and a couple others just stayed in the shop and slept over in the spare office..

Depends on how you define work. If it's employment... then somewhere around 48-50ish hours (Black Friday week).

If you're talking volunteer work... heck, 126ish hours. Seven days of 18-hour work. But it was for a good cause... disaster relief after flooding. >.>

this thanksgiving week I worked 96 hours and was paid for 112 due to Thursday and Friday being counted as a holiday.

My Paycheck had 136 total hours on it, gross of 3607, net of 2258. That's normally what I make in a friggin month if I don't do any OT lol

• 3 months later...

I had worked for nearly 50 hours one week... well technically it was between two weeks, which is why it happened. My managers love this where they can get us to work 6 days in a row by having us work the last 3 days of the week and the first 3 days of the next week, hell they've even made me work for a week straight once because of that. Now the longest I've worked in a single work week would be 45 hours, only because I had to stay 6 hours extra as a crutch for the second shift. I was promised free food so I couldn't complain.

• 1 year later...

60 hours. It was right after hurricane Katrina hit. I was a small engine mechanic at the time. The shop I worked at put a priority on chainsaw and generator repair.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I don’t think I have an accurate recollection of actual hours on the clock. My current job is really strict about overtime so not much over 40 hours in my present situation. I have a supplemental job but it’s only an additional 3-4 hours, so just a tad over 40 is about where I stand in the running. During the holidays I rack up a lot of volunteer hours, but those aren't paid so they probably don't really count in the context of this thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

The most hours I have worked in a week would be forty hours at least that I can recall(?) With the profession I am in now, I work about thirty hours per week.

(edited)

I average about 35-40. How much I work in a given week usually depends on the weather. Most I’ve ever worked was about 72 hours, 6  12 hour days. 

Edited by Twiggy

91 hours. For the past I don't know how many years.

But those hours have been spent working for myself one way or another. Each hour is another step closer to fulfilling my plans towards either success or oblivion! Either should be fun. But I'd prefer success. :P

• Brohoof 1