Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What holds you here in this forum?

leonbrony17

Are you still a huge mlp fan or just a fan?

Are you here because of your friends here?

Are you here because the forum is very kind?

Myself. Because of all of these reasons.

What about you?

Likewise all of the above. Still a huge brony, have friends here, and it's a forum I can come to with just about anything with a more than reasonable chance I won't be ignored or cursed out for it.

I have no life.

Surprisingly, I think that's the first time someone has said as much in this thread.

Also ponies, but that's kinda an extension of the aforementioned lack of social life.

And because I can't be bothered maintaining more than one forum account, so I just stick with this one.

Plus rariteh.

Much rariteh.

Or something.

Alternatively - if you mean the title literally - I am held here only by the sultry grip of cyberspace.

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

It sounds like some adjectival allusion to a deep and meaningful metaphor.

I must be sleep deprived.

That's probably what holds me here, come to think of it.

A perpetually quasi-comatose cognisance.

Or ponies.

Similar symptomatically, I'm told.

Edited by Duality

(edited)
Are you still a huge mlp fan or just a fan?

Just a fan I guess. I don't really consider myself a fan but well...

Are you here because of your friends here?

I don't have any friends here.

Are you here because the forum is very kind?

I'm here basically because I miss being in an active forum.

Edited by Ando333

I come here to talk or peek in things and stuff and have random fun!   Also  talking  about the show at times when I feel amused!

• Brohoof 1

It's one of the few places where I can openly be myself, which by myself I mean the great cancer of the world, and not get many negative comments about it at all. Everyone's just so kind and I can relate to so many people and it's an amazing place to be.

• Brohoof 1

I stick around here because I enjoy posting in threads that appeal to me, and it gives me a place to go online where I know I can talk about anything MLP related that relates to me.

I have the same reason. o3o

• Brohoof 1

1. I watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Pretty obvious reason that made me join initially 3 1/2 years ago, back just before the release of the First Equestria Girls movie. Still watch it, but not one season in less than a week

(though yesterday I watched a four hour webseries all in one day because I was bored...)

2. Friendly People (These be my folks! :D)

In general (There are certainly exceptions to that...) people here are fairly friendly and nice. Much more considerate than most of the people you find in other communities...

3. Common Interests with Most of the Community

These give me something to actually post about. Much of this community seems to be a lot like myself... It's almost eerie. Not used to NOT being different...

For those three reasons, I always find myself coming back here, even with the bad times I've had on here ( They are fairly few in number though :) ).

• 4 years later...

I'm still here just because it's familiar, like my virtual childhood home, and because most people here seem nice enough that I don't feel too anxious about posting my random thoughts.

Plus sometimes even quiet folk like myself need some kind of a social outlet every now and then.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly? It's mostly coming from within. After I joined, I was still having lot's of worries, doubts and negative thoughts. I saw the world in a more negative light. Of course, not much is enjoyable with such a mindset. But I worked on it and now only positive energy comes from within and it makes the world super shiny and fun as well! :eager: That's what holds me here and other places, I'm in the right terms with myself. But...this forum is the most friendly, exciting and interesting place I know, so I'm the most active here and that's only thanks to the people here. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I would say that the friendships I've made here holds me here more than anything as friendships are very valuable to me. Even when I'm feeling down... I can rely on the friends I've made here to have my back. Aside from the friendships I've made here... I also feel like this place is a safe space for me in a way... like a second home.

@Sven Utacien Aw... Well I'm glad you don't view the world in a negative light anymore. Of course we all have those days that we can't be perfectly positive but when we can't be... there's places and people we can rely on usually. At least that's how I feel when I'm sad hehe. I also hang out on the forums the most out of the rest of my social media since it's so friendly and inclusive here. No one judges each other about trivial matters like race, gender, beliefs, etc. I would use Facebook more but my older sister stalks my Facebook profile a lot and will judge me on everything I do or say.

@Jackleberry Yeah this place is a nice way to have as some social media even though it's not a traditional form of it but it doesn't need to be. This place may be different from Facebook or Twitter but that's not a bad thing really. Sometimes you need some social media that's a bit different from the regular types of social media. Plus my main reason for not using Facebook is that most of my family on there is very judgmental so I'd rather come on here hehe. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really, it's just the fact that I have been here for so long and built myself up here, I do not want to walk away from my reputation, nor my success here - nor my engagement. 

• Brohoof 1