Sign in to follow this  
leonbrony17

What would you show non bronies to convince them to watch mlp?

Perhaps a good meme or one of the anthology videos.

What about you?

Edited by leonbrony17

Nothing. It's a TV show, just like anything else. The best way to convince them is to just tell them you think it's good, and suggest they watch an episode to just give it a try.

If they're the kind of person to scoff at it and ignore it, they're not going to actively choose to watch anything related to it.

I don't have any interest in Game of Thrones, and a person could throw all manners of parodies/fan works at me(the former generally needs knowledge about the source anyway), and I would still not feel inclined to watch it.

I wouldn't try to convince anyone to watch MLP, they are entitled the freedom to enjoy whatever they want, and not whatever they don't like. I wouldn't want to convince somebody who's into World of Warcraft to be a brony, because I would be expected to play the absurdly expensive bologna known as WoW. I wouldn't even dare.

First, I would show them some of the MLP Fanwork that was created so they can see how the fandom is no different from other fandoms.

Secondly tell them about the ponies and see which one is more suited to them.

Lastly It is good to show them an episode that is considered good.

I got a friend to try it because he learned I was a brony. I got him to sit through the Season 1 Premiere. He just got into it that way. Now we watch it together on occasion. 

the Tirek vs Twilight fight because that was the point I think the fandom realised that this is not aimed at little girls anymore. I'd also add the Sombra War Equestria scenes too. 

I would knock them out and kidnap them and force them to watch MLP FIM until they FRIGGIN LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......Or just tell them that it's a good show.

I mean, if they actually expressed interest in watching it, I'd tell them to watch the Season 2 premiere, as I stand by that it's the best introduction episode for the show.

I would knock them out and kidnap them and force them to watch MLP FIM until they FRIGGIN LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....That works too.... :P

Id show them the awesome community and fabart alomg with some of the best moments from mlp where it really counts type thing B)

Badges

If I were going to try to convince somebody it was good, I'd probably tell them to watch it chronologically.

If it came to an episode, though, I would recommend them one of my personal favorite episodes. Not gonna list 'em here though.

The Cutie Map

It might contain many spoilers, but the theme of this episode is perfect to show how deep and mature MLP can be.

If they are a whoovian (Doctor Who fan), I will show them "Slice of life". If no, I will show them the Tirek/Twilight fight, because it's badass as badass magic mlp duels get.

Badges

(edited)

Just convince them with mlp's fantastic animations :3

For example

1459441087940.gif

Edited by Pucksterv

Badges

I guess that depends on the person, but I'd recommend some solid fan art/games/fiction