Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Friendship is magic end after the movie or no im so confused

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

That doesn't stop Disney's ad department from trying. They have ads marketed towards girls now too. Star Wars was always going to perform well regardless, mind you. Trolls is an interesting one because I never knew any girls who were into Trolls back when they were big. I only caught the tail end of that as I wasn't that old when other children's toys took over. I had one and its only real appeal was doing interesting things with its hair. It's still interesting to see it revived in some capacity, let alone marketed beyond its initial demographic.

While it's true that MLP has always been marketed towards girls, perceiving a strong enough market for girl's products could make a difference as to how aggressively this film is advertised and how much hope Hasbro has that it will move more toys. Sure, that was always the idea, but whether they think there's a strong market for their movie will determine a lot of things from how many theatres will show the movie as well as how many showings it will get, how much they spend on advertising the movie and how much they put into movie merch. More importantly for us fans, commercial success or lack thereof will probably factor into the decision to either keep the series going or end its run. Looking at other films and seeing confidence in the market demographic that the MLP movie will be targeted towards gives us reason for optimism.

I think castings such as Liev Schreiber, Taye Diggs, and Michael Pena are a great step towards gaining a male audience too.

I seriously hope not, Where will I be then? I need my little pony. I need my fellow Bronies. I NEED MY RARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though I hope it doesn't. I know that all shows have to go at some point(unless you're the Simpsons)but not yet. I'm fairly new to being a Brony(I've been one for about 6 months now)and I would like the chance to further my interest to an even larger degree.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hasbro is a corporation whose sole purpose is to make money to sustain itself so it can keep making more money. They won't quit while they're ahead. So long as MLP makes them enough profit, they'll keep it alive.

The world will always have Maud :V

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't know.
A part of me want MLP go keep going because I love the show.
But another part of me see that the show is loosing in quality so...maybe it is time to go meanwhile the show is still good.

Remember !  YOU DIE HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME VILLAIN !

...But that's just my opinion...

I'm going to voice a possibly unpopular opinion and say that I hope it does. To me, it's pretty clear the seasonal rot has already started, though it's not gone all the way, but FiM needs to come to a close soon, before it ends up being remembered more for the bad last seasons than the much better earlier ones. Look at Firefly- one season, very good, left so many people begging for more- it had no chance to degrade, and so it will always be remembered fondly. 

Sure, ending it just after a potential big money maker like the movie might seem daft, but its better to end it after that rather than let it slowly fade, degrade and die, and thus have any chance of a generation 5 MLP being made any time soon die with it.

No, after the movie is the perfect time to replace FiM with a new MLP that's fresh and can hopefully keep the spirit alive.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't know.

A part of me want MLP go keep going because I love the show.

But another part of me see that the show is loosing in quality so...maybe it is time to go meanwhile the show is still good.

Remember !  YOU DIE HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME VILLAIN !

...But that's just my opinion...

Lot of people think the show fell into that after Faust left.

I've come to just accept that it's a show that isn't meant for me, so I'll just enjoy what I can.

I'm curious how many other people do the same.

Or the inverse, in that they enjoy it because they think of it one way or another.

But women who aren't interested in Star Wars aren't going to go see it now just because the main character is a woman. (Rogue One was awesome). Not sure about Trolls though. I saw that movie also. I mean was it and old franchise that DreamWorks wanted to revive? And mlp is different. It's specifically designed for girls..

Many women might not really care for Star Wars since they have a impression it is not meant for them but for kids/fans/guys in general. So a lead that is something the can identify with increases interest. I saw a lot more female fandom in Tumblr after Force Awakens came out.

• Brohoof 1

Many women might not really care for Star Wars since they have a impression it is not meant for them but for kids/fans/guys in general. So a lead that is something the can identify with increases interest. I saw a lot more female fandom in Tumblr after Force Awakens came out.

That might be true(no seriously I don't pay attention to tumblr so I wouldn't know). But Star Wars is still Star Wars. It didn't suddenly change just because one of the main characters is a woman. If your a woman and you like Star Wars from before having a female character isn't going to change that. Just like it won't change it for the women who don't like Star Wars. Just like not very guy is interested in Star Wars not very chick will be either. Star Wars didn't become some upset footed romantic comedy because of a female main character. So if your a woman and you don't like action, adventure , science fiction movies, you won't suddenly like Star Wars because of a female main character. Having a female main character doesn't change the dynamic of what Star Wars. At least as long as she's a good character that you care about.

I honestly have no idea. Part of me thinks they're going to end the series with the movie, while another part of me thinks that if the movie is successful, the show will continue in some way, shape or form. This could mean more seasons of FiM or perhaps a spin-off series like Guardians of Harmony. For those saying they want the show to end because the quality of the show isn't what it used to be, I think the quality of the show will improve after the movie, since writers like Meghan McCarthy and Mike Vogel will be able to return to FiM.

• Brohoof 1

It's difficult to say if the show will end after the movie comes out near the end of the year. Let's face it: MLP has had an incredible run throughout these past six years and quite possibly could carry on for an additional few years. While I wouldn't want it to end, you do have to consider the possibility that the show could become stagnant if it were to continue without it changing certain parts of the status quo to keep things fresh and entertaining. It also depends on what Hasbro wants to do with the brand at this point. MLP continues to do well in terms of toy sales, fandom content, and ratings, yet where and when will Hasbro choose to move on? Only they know.

On a side note, Equestria Girls still has plenty of story left as it hasn't been as peeled back compared to the show. I could see Hasbro wanting to continue with the spin-off but again only they have such answers.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, i believe the movie will be the opener for a new era having Starlight and her friends as protagonists. Let's face it, the stories of the Mane Six are wrapping up and there's nothing much you can do with them. But whether they manage to pull that off is another story, taking into account that Starlight and Trixie are rather divisive characters among the fandom.

On the other hand, the Humanverse may continue for a while, considering there will be three more EG specials and that Disney currently has its own take on the Monster High concept, Descendants and its upcoming sequel.

Edited by Dino-Mario

nah they will lose a lot of money which could mean bankruptcy and company shuts down no more mlp nor transformers and Hasbro loves the moolah because they could still make a lot of cash Hasbro's like nick they will do anything for cash.

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 2:14 AM, Yamet said:

I hope so. The show has really dropped in quality lately, plus most of the main characters have already reached their goals so there isn't that much left for the show to do.

And that's why new characters are introduced every episode (And to sell more toys as well)

33 minutes ago, FillyRainbowDash said:

And that's why new characters are introduced every episode (And to sell more toys as well)

Just look at Starlight, I think she's on the way to become the face of FiM soon :fluttershy:

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Just look at Starlight, I think she's on the way to become the face of FiM soon :fluttershy:

OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would much rather have a short show of how Bright Mac's and Pear Butter's lives went (If you have seen The Perfect Pear, one of the most loved episodes as of today) you know what I'm talking about

Edited by FillyRainbowDash

I don't think it will end  after the movie, atleast I hope it won't. Seems kind of unlikely.

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, LaLaDumbAssBoy said:

Hmm , We don't know for sure yet everybody. It will most likely if it does in 2018 or 2019. Or whenever the creators run out of ideas. I mean they seem to be fast when they come up with ideas 

I think the OP meant right after the movie. Since this thread was made, we've found out that it won't be ending after the movie, so I'm not sure what else there is to say in this thread.

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I think the OP meant right after the movie. Since this thread was made, we've found out that it won't be ending after the movie, so I'm not sure what else there is to say in this thread.

It ending after the movie is kinda unlikely , I doubt they ran out of ideas that fast. I know they've been airing for 7 years but still 

5 minutes ago, LaLaDumbAssBoy said:

It ending after the movie is kinda unlikely , I doubt they ran out of ideas that fast. I know they've been airing for 7 years but still 

Airing for seven seasons is nothing. Pokemon is almost at twenty. :twi: