Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I've decided to make a remix to a recent song I uploaded :)

Nymira

Ok.

It's an okay listen. 

However, the repetition of the "Sorry Spike" quote is quite a distraction, especially when it cuts and modulates pitches and rates. I'd suggest using it once or twice and mainly focusing on Spike's quotes, splitting them throughout the song with long reverb and delay effects. The "Pinkie Pie Style" quote unfortunately completely ruins the mood this song is portraying, and so does the breakdown. Electronica puts a damper on the emotional aspect of your song due to the fact that a steady kick is present. Setting the kick to single-time at 60bpm will open more possibilities for emotion in this song. 

As far as your chord progressions...you limited yourself to the tonic key of C Major, moving to the ii every now and then. I would suggest hooking yourself up with a 4 chord progression and maybe the key of F major. Here are some suggested chord progressions for your song:

vi-IV-V-III7

I-IV-ii-V

I-vi-IV-V

ii-IV-III-III7

These progressions can interlock with each other. For more info on chords, you can visit this thread here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136619-chords-progressions-modulations-a-guide-to-composing-music/

As far as your sounds go, those strings sound like tape strings you would find on an old mellotron. Use more open and modern strings that don't have that big of a cut. Cuts can also be a big distraction to your listener. I like your piano sound. Add a little more reverb and strip the hard percussion and replace it with softer percussion, like a chill kit. 

Another quote that would work is

"I wonder if dragons cry." "Oh Spike"

All in all, this remix needs quite a bit of work. The biggest things that are missing is melodic/harmonic development and emotional theming. Even though this is a remix...it does not have to be covered in eletronica. PM me if you have any questions about what I said in my critique. 

"I wonder if dragons cry."

What episode does that quote come from?

Although, I may have to agree with some of the stuff C. Thunder Dash had posted (I noticed that you say "Ok." in lots of posts when giving critique >w<). Oversampling can be quite chaotic. Also, while using reverb, lower the dryness level and up the wetness a bit to give things an atmospheric feel. :3

Other than that, it's a pretty good remix I have to admit. ^^

Edited by InklingBear

What episode does that quote come from?

Although, I may have to agree with some of the stuff C. Thunder Dash had posted (I noticed that you say "Ok." in lots of posts when giving critique >w<). Oversampling can be quite chaotic. Also, while using reverb, lower the dryness level and up the wetness a bit to give things an atmospheric feel. :3

Other than that, it's a pretty good remix I have to admit. ^^

Eh, it's more a habit when I start my posts...kinda like me saying "Get ready...because here comes a solid review."

And that quote comes from "Dragon Quest"

Edited by C. Thunder Dash