movies/tv Duck Tales Reboot

9th Doctor Whooves

Duck Tales  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to check it out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Does the fact that David Tennant is going to be in it influence your choice?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

I SO look forward to it! I loved the Original Ducktales, and from what I have seen of the trailers for the new Ducktales I am eager to see what we get especially if it looks like this!

Edited by Twilight-Shimmer

Hi, @Oddball! Since there is a preexisting topic on the Duck Tales reboot, I have merged your thread with it. Thanks! :)

• Brohoof 5

As much as I typically dread what they might do in a reboot of old classic TV shows, I think I'd like to see Duck Tales come back. I like the original one okay, but I'm not so desperately in love with it that I would be injured if they took a few liberties. In this case, it might even help it a little. The original theme is necessary though. It's too much identified with the show, so it must stay. 

What I really want to see is the return of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, as long as we're talking reboots of the Disney Afternoon shows. Rescue Rangers was easily the best of those. There was talk of a big screen adaptation of that but I think it's going to reside permanently in the "Maybe someday" file.  :pout:

Rescue Rangers is my absolute favorite of all the 90s Disney cartoons! I have them on DVD! As for a reboot though, seeing them change what it was, I don't think I could watch it. It just wouldn't be the same. IMHO

• 2 months later...

I'm excited for this reboot, DuckTales was my favourite TV show when I was a kid (in the early 2000s). :)

But why I don't like is that the money bin is now located on a small island at the shore and not on a hill in the center of Duckburg anymore, like in the old DuckTales and the comics' version (mostly). And why is Flintheart Glomgold fat now? xD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 6:30 AM, Kosmobatalanto said:

Now, were several episodes have been released, I think that the show is awesome. In my opinion it's the best cartoon that currently runs.

I'm inclined to agree; so far, it's one of the better reboots out there.

Edited by A.V.

I can tell INSTANTLY that this is another Teen Titans Go and Reboot of Power Puff Girls. 

In other words, the characters are going to Twerk their butts in the air, and it is going to be Insipid Millennial Children offspring Garbage that counts as Comedy for Children under 12 these days. It's going to be all camp with zero effort made into the characters, story, episodes or jokes. Why no one but me can see that from just the teaser trailers is beyond me. 

• 7 months later...

I'm bumping this thread to honor the true excellence of the new Ducktales. I am so loving the series. Hopefully I'm not stepping on toes here, but I think it's actually an improvement on the original. I was excited to see the debut of Gizmo-Duck! I was slightly disappointed that Darkwing Duck is now just a television show in their continuum, but one can't have everything.  I think it quite fitting that they revealed that a McDuck ancestor invented golf. A personal favorite moment? The talking "Murder Ponies" in "The Missing Links of Moorshire.

This show is going places!  

(Just not on the backs of ponies that want to drown you!)

evilponies_size3.jpg

(edited)

You know, the Kelpies of real-life legend have the power to shapeshift into beautiful women. Just imagine if they shapeshifted into duck women, in a desperate attempt to attract Donald Duck, because in the past in films like "The Three Caballeros," and others, he's known to be attracted to all types of beautiful women. Not only would it reference that, but it would've also referenced Equestria Girls, as well.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

• 1 month later...

Bumping again. Oh wow, each episode is better than the one before! Episode 18 "Who is Gizmoduck" was fantastic! I really love Fenton's detective mom. She's so cool! Huey seems to like her too, judging by the strange grin he had when she caught him! I like Mom 2.0 much better than the mom in the original series!

Huey and detective.jpg

mma-cabrera-e1531339890813.png

(edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 10:22 PM, YoshiAngemon said:

You know, the Kelpies of real-life legend have the power to shapeshift into beautiful women. Just imagine if they shapeshifted into duck women, in a desperate attempt to attract Donald Duck, because in the past in films like "The Three Caballeros," and others, he's known to be attracted to all types of beautiful women. Not only would it reference that, but it would've also referenced Equestria Girls, as well.

Not happy enough that these kelpies had pony voices :dash: ? 100% legit. It ain't surprising that Tara Strong was one, but having Andrea Libman there too is some sweet shit :squee:

Edited by Steve Piranha

14 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Not happy enough that these kelpies had pony voices :dash: ? 100% legit. It ain't surprising that Tara Strong was one, but having Andrea Libman there too is some sweet shit :squee:

I did so love the "Murder" ponies!

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

I did so love the "Murder" ponies!

Makes you wonder why the purple one (the one voiced by Mrs Libman) didn't offer the ducks some cupcakes :dash: 

On 7/15/2018 at 12:56 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Bumping again. Oh wow, each episode is better than the one before! Episode 18 "Who is Gizmoduck" was fantastic! I really love Fenton's detective mom. She's so cool! Huey seems to like her too, judging by the strange grin he had when she caught him! I like Mom 2.0 much better than the mom in the original series!

Huey and detective.jpg

mma-cabrera-e1531339890813.png

Am I the only one who finds her a cougar? :wub:

I’m liking the reboot so far. Though I wish they didn’t make Launchpad a complete moron. I think a lot of us were afraid that this was going to be another Teen Titans Go type series. I like the call backs to the original series.

Just now, Bas said:

But wasn't he in the past anyways?

Yes, he was. I like Launchpad in this series. He's a little stranger, but that's a good thing. I wish they didn't make Darkwing Duck a TV series within this show though. S.H.U.S.H. exists though, so I have my hopes about DW. Perhaps the actor playing Darkwing Duck is a cover for him BEING Darkwing Duck. I'd love to see Gosalyn in the show too. Dare I say it? A visitation by Quiver-Wing Quack?

1_857bbaf723c7f9c06ed5047c2e83d906.jpg

gosalyn2.gif